Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Personally I think that the only possible worse choice to head up the impeachment circus would have been Mad Max[ine] Waters -- but boy oh boy it would've been entertaining

I suspect Schiff put himself in charge - Pelosi hasn't been in control since February.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ya know, this is like when I discuss "church discipline" from Jesus' teaching in Matthew 18.

If the object of the exercise is vengeance or destruction, let's send the meanest most spiteful enemy we can find to "discipline" the erring brother.

If, however, the object of the exercise is to bring truth to light, and actually resolve an issue, let's be very careful that the person(s) we send aren't there with axes to grind.

The very fact that Schiff is driving this demonstrates, to me, the partisan intent.
      Please stop denying you're a Trump supporter, CP. The evidence is what's driving the process, not Schiff. Making Schiff your focus is what's partisan. One might argue that you are suffering from SDS.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Please stop denying you're a Trump supporter, CP.
        Whatever you say, buddy. Interesting, though, that you have to go back a whole week in your quest to pick a fight.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Whatever you say, buddy. Interesting, though, that you have to go back a whole week in your quest to pick a fight.
          Hey, now, that's the most accurate thing he said in his post!

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Hey, now, that's the most accurate thing he said in his post!

I think he misses the bad old days.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apparently not quite enough.
              rofl

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

A noun, a verb, and Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  A noun, a verb, and Trump?

Can Trump trump Trump?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Can Trump trump Trump?
                    Trumping Trump trumps Trump's trumping trumpet!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Trumping Trump trumps Trump's trumping trumpet!
                      The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Please stop denying you're a Trump supporter, CP. The evidence is what's driving the process, not Schiff. Making Schiff your focus is what's partisan. One might argue that you are suffering from SDS.
                        So-n-so said something to someone who said something to someone but we don't know who so-n-so is...

Day 1 was a spectacular dud, excepting Jordan's cross of Taylor which was funny.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          So-n-so said something to someone who said something to someone but we don't know who so-n-so is...

Day 1 was a spectacular dud, excepting Jordan's cross of Taylor which was funny.
                          It went so bad that numerous Democrat consultants on various talking head shows were left pondering whether Schiff is holding back the "big guns" for later -- something that even they doubted.

This has all the earmarks of Mueller Testimony Act 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

When you start having Democrats saying that hearsay evidence (which at least one admitted is what they have) is perfectly legitimate evidence you know they're in trouble -- and that they know it as well.

Comment

When you start having Democrats saying that hearsay evidence (which at least one admitted is what they have) is perfectly legitimate evidence you know they're in trouble -- and that they know it as well.
                              Did you know there are exceptions to the hearsay rule?

If you expect one side to abide by legal rules of evidence then surely you must also agree that all witnesses should be forced to testify. One can’t work without the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                                Did you know there are exceptions to the hearsay rule?

If you expect one side to abide by legal rules of evidence then surely you must also agree that all witnesses should be forced to testify. One can’t work without the other.
                                There are exceptions, but "I head from a guy who heard from a guy" is not one of them.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment