Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim, did you ever get around to answering my question about the statement you made with absolutely no support whatsoever?

But I'll humor you, and actually provide answers, even though you rarely do.

Obama cautions Democratic hopefuls on tacking too far left

By BRIAN SLODYSKO Associated Press

Former President Barack Obama on Friday warned the Democratic field of White House hopefuls not to veer too far to the left, a move he said would alienate many who would otherwise be open to voting for the party’s nominee next year.

Though Obama did not mention anyone by name, the message delivered before a room of Democratic donors in Washington was a clear word of caution about the candidacies of Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. The two have called for massive structural changes — and in Sanders’ case “revolution” — that would dramatically alter the role of government in people’s lives.

The centrist wing of the party has warned for months that a far-left nominee could alienate moderate Republicans and independent voters needed to oust President Donald Trump.
    He's not suggesting that they are really "out there," it's more of a "how do we best get there" to which he may have differences with Sanders and Warren. If he thought that Americans would go along with big structural change, such as with "healthcare" and "the environment" which I believe he knows is necessary, then he'd be all for it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The only evidence for this is, as we now have seen, second, third and even fourth hand hearsay and the actual, real evidence does not back it up. The Ukrainians never agreed to do anything and didn't do anything and yet got their arms. Moreover, those who we are told were being strong armed were, according to their own testimony, blissfully unaware of it. They didn't even realize that a short delay had been placed on the aid.

It is all but impossible to apply leverage on someone who does not know that you're doing it.
      That is nothing more than excuse making and political spin regarding the testimony we have heard.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And more, Jim - heck, I don't even have to search for this stuff - it just shows up...

Obama Tells His Party’s Elites to Relax
        Same meeting, same message. You're repeating yourself, CP. Again, he's simply warning candidates that the American people are cautious, not that the candidates themselves are "way out there." He actually lauded them all and vowed to vigorously support any one of them as the nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          That is nothing more than excuse making and political spin regarding the testimony we have heard.
          Take a long hard look at what you just wrote here. Your TDS compels you to see second, third and even fourth hand hearsay gossip as valid testimony. That really ought to serve as a wake up call.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Take a long hard look at what you just wrote here. Your TDS compels you to see second, third and even fourth hand hearsay gossip as valid testimony. That really ought to serve as a wake up call.
            Hearsay is valid testimony. Your TDS compels you to say stupid stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              They got gay marriage, remember? What are the rest of the SI's supposed to wait for now? 30+ years of internal Democrat policy flushed in one fell swoop.

Of course, Trump's election and the resultant mania weren't in Obama's calculations.
              Hillary was never supposed to lose.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                "I heard from Bill that he remembers Tim telling him that Scott said he was planning to rob a bank" is not valid testimony that Scott was planning to rob a bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Different times, CP. Republicans Democrats were a different breed back then, they were sane. Trump has not committed many any obvious crimes already, and could probably if he shoot shot someone on 5th ave in broad daylight with many eye witness., and still an impeachment inquiry would be partisan bipartisin. Republicans/conservatives Democrats/and the left today are basically led, like sheep, by unethical, immoral propagandists.
                  fifync

Jiml, so far there is no direct first hand evidence of any crimes, third and fourth hearsay is not evidence that would stand in a court of law and that is all they have so far. infact the only direct evidence we have that is not based on feelings tells a completely different story then your leftist handlers want you to believe

In Nixon's time the Republicans and Democrats were equal parties in the process; not like we have here with the Democrats have sole control of it. Also during the Nixon impeachment process Democrats and Republicans took impeachment seriously they did not start the process with a "parody" like Democrat Rep lying Adam Schiff did making it a joke.

This whole thing is a farce started by idiot children who are having a temper tantrum because their side lost the 2016 election and they can't let it go and do their job for the American people when you have folks the day after the inauguration calling for impeachment that says a lot about the mental health of those calling for impeachment when they were calling for it before Trump had done anything yet.
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-17-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

No, it isn't. None of the testimony has come even close to a valid exception.

It's all garbage.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      fifync

Jiml, so far there is no direct first hand evidence of any crimes, third and fourth hearsay is not evidence that would stand in a court of law and that is all they have so far. infact the only direct evidence we have that is not based on feelings tells a completely different story then your leftist handlers want you to believe

In Nixon's time the Republicans and Democrats were equal parties in the process; not like we have here with the Democrats have sole control of it. Also during the Nixon impeachment process Democrats and Republicans took impeachment seriously they did not start the process with a "parody" like Democrat Rep lying Adam Schiff did making it a joke.

This whole thing is a farce started by idiot children who are having a temper tantrum because their side lost the 2016 election and they can't let it go and do their job for the American people when you have folks the day after the inauguration calling for impeachment that says a lot about the mental health of those calling for impeachment when they were calling for it before Trump had done anything yet.
                      They were calling for impeachment before Trump was even inaugurated!

Comment

JimL the only time hearsay is valid testimony is if the originator of the information is dead and it was the actual person he told it to. and last I saw the person the 2 witnesses said they got it third and fourth hand hearsay from is very much alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          and the ones doing the spinning are the Democrats their propaganda machine the MSM and those who listen to the aforementioned

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            fifync

And considering most of those Democrats elected during the mid-terms in 2018 won by saying that they were going to Washington to fix "kitchen table" issues it will tough for them to convince their respective constituents that was what they've been doing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And considering most of those Democrats elected during the mid-terms in 2018 won by saying that they were going to Washington to fix "kitchen table" issues it will tough for them to convince their respective constituents that was what they've been doing.
                              Tell it to the newly elected Democratic Governor of Kentucky, to the newly elected Democratic Governor of Louisiana, to the newly elected Democratic legislature of Virginia.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Tell it to the newly elected Democratic Governor of Kentucky, to the newly elected Democratic Governor of Louisiana, to the newly elected Democratic legislature of Virginia.
                                Kentucky, for whatever reason, likes Democrat governors. Since 1851, only nine Republicans have been elected as governor. Also, Bevin ran a bad campaign in which he attacked the teachers unions, and it was still an extremely close race, coming down to a few thousand votes.

Louisiana was a long-shot for the Republicans with a popular incumbent governor, and a Republican candidate with no name recognition. But the race was still far closer than Democrats would have liked.

Virginia was a case of pure gerrymandering since Republicans voted in far greater numbers, but because of the way districts were carved up, Democrats ended up taking control.

Comment