Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The entire story that the Abassador laid out before you, CP.
    So, surely, you can summarize it for me, yes? In one sentence, what was the bombshell for which Trump should be impeached and removed from office?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      I see you're talking to your mirror image again, eh, Lilpix. This is really interesting watching how you otherwise fairly intelligent people can make yourselves deaf, dumb, and blind in order to protect your beliefs from the incoming facts. Profiles in courage you are not!
      Nah Jimmy, you’re a true believer in whatever your democrat overlords tell you. Watching you eat a nothing burger, with a giant side of nothing, and say it taste great, is the highlight of my day.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I did, on and off.

So, how bout dialing the snark down just and tad and enlighten me. What was the most jaw-dropping bombshell of the day?
        To be honest, I was not thrilled with exactly how the impeachment hearings are being handled. That said, it's extremely concerning that Taylor, Sondland, and Yvanovitch are speaking about a very similar event with very similar testimony and being accused of hating America, the president or in some kind of conspiracy theory web. I think that the Republicans are doing a good enough job of looking like jack asses by accusing faithful public servants of being traitors of some kind; the Democrats should just let them sink their own ship. That said the very far left is fueling the flames of a dumpster fire in it's own way by being a little too adamant.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          To be honest, I was not thrilled with exactly how the impeachment hearings are being handled. That said, it's extremely concerning that Taylor, Sondland, and Yvanovitch are speaking about a very similar event with very similar testimony and being accused of hating America, the president or in some kind of conspiracy theory web. I think that the Republicans are doing a good enough job of looking like jack asses by accusing faithful public servants of being traitors of some kind; the Democrats should just let them sink their own ship. That said the very far left is fueling the flames of a dumpster fire in it's own way by being a little too adamant.
          You've never seen a real trial, huh?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I've not heard anything about accusing them of hating America -- if somebody said that, it's nuts. This is political theater from both sides. Impeachment is, after all, a political animal, and this one is anything but bipartisan. 100% of the Republicans were against it, joined by 2 Democrats.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've not heard anything about accusing them of hating America -- if somebody said that, it's nuts. This is political theater from both sides. Impeachment is, after all, a political animal, and this one is anything but bipartisan. 100% of the Republicans were against it, joined by 2 Democrats.
              I'm not sure that 100 percent of Republicans are ACTUALLY against impeachment. I tend to think that the votes might look a lot different if someone was able to go against the party ideas without being threatened into oblivion. A good example of a Republican senator whose pretty well hated is Mitt Romney. Basically he's had many many accusations thrown at him and frankly it's horrible. The only real reason I can see for him being hated so much by the Republican Party is that he doesn't like Donald Trump.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm not sure that 100 percent of Republicans are ACTUALLY against impeachment. I tend to think that the votes might look a lot different if someone was able to go against the party ideas without being threatened into oblivion. A good example of a Republican senator whose pretty well hated is Mitt Romney. Basically he's had many many accusations thrown at him and frankly it's horrible. The only real reason I can see for him being hated so much by the Republican Party is that he doesn't like Donald Trump.
                Which brings it back to - this is an entirely political process.

Back in March, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed she would only move forward with the impeachment of President Donald Trump if the move received significant bipartisan support. On Thursday, not a single Republican congressman voted to pass a resolution which sets out guidelines for the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

The resolution did pass on Tuesday at 232-196, with all but two Democrats voting in support, however every Republican (except three who didn’t vote) voted against.

“The vote was expected to be deeply partisan,” reported the New York Times. “No Republicans broke ranks with Mr. Trump and voted in support of the resolution and two Democrats, Collin C. Peterson of Minnesota and Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, joined the Republicans in voting against it.”

Pelosi, who voted in support of the resolution after announcing the impeachment inquiry last month, has historically opposed impeachment during the Trump presidency. She claimed previously in an interview in March, “I’m not for impeachment.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,” she declared. “He’s just not worth it.”

Yet, here we are.

Comment

He ran a lackluster, conciliatory campaign and lost to Obama. Many Republicans felt betrayed because he didn't seem to even be trying.

Then he gets snarky with the guy who showed some backbone - of course that doesn't go well.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That there were some Republicans who would have voted in favor of an impeachment inquiry is what some Democrat consultants were saying a week and a half ago
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Over the weekend on one of the cable news networks (Bloomberg IIRC), they had a couple Democrat pollster/advisors on and they were bemoaning how the party allowed Schiff to head the investigation saying that he has already doomed any chance of removing Trump through his actions. They claimed that several Republicans (primarily those who are retiring and don't like Trump) would have joined the Democrats in calling for an impeachment inquiry if it weren't for his bumbling ham-fisted antics.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Back in March, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed she would only move forward with the impeachment of President Donald Trump if the move received significant bipartisan support. On Thursday, not a single Republican congressman voted to pass a resolution which sets out guidelines for the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

The resolution did pass on Tuesday at 232-196, with all but two Democrats voting in support, however every Republican (except three who didn’t vote) voted against.

“The vote was expected to be deeply partisan,” reported the New York Times. “No Republicans broke ranks with Mr. Trump and voted in support of the resolution and two Democrats, Collin C. Peterson of Minnesota and Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, joined the Republicans in voting against it.”

Pelosi, who voted in support of the resolution after announcing the impeachment inquiry last month, has historically opposed impeachment during the Trump presidency. She claimed previously in an interview in March, “I’m not for impeachment.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,” she declared. “He’s just not worth it.”

Yet, here we are.
                      And the only bipartisanship was when two of the Democrats joined with the Republicans in voting against proceeding with the impeachment inquiry.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet, here we are.
                        I do agree that this process has become extremely partisan. And I understand the Republicans hold to "no quid pro quo." But at what point can someone say "investigate my opponent" Then withhold military aid.....Then when there was an agreement, give the military aid...Without it being not connected and not quid pro quo. It's just too difficult not to believe Trump wasn't trying to get something.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I do agree that this process has become extremely partisan. And I understand the Republicans hold to "no quid pro quo." But at what point can someone say "investigate my opponent" Then withhold military aid.....Then when there was an agreement, give the military aid...Without it being not connected and not quid pro quo. It's just too difficult not to believe Trump wasn't trying to get something.
                          Trump, a career businessman, was making a deal with people who had no idea he was putting pressure on them? That strikes me as far less believable.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Jim, you seem to have a habit of making statements like this, then running away from them....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            The entire story that the Abassador laid out before you, CP.
                            So, again I ask.... surely, you can summarize it for me, yes? In one sentence, what was the bombshell for which Trump should be impeached and removed from office?

Or, maybe you're getting your version from the same source that told you the javelin missiles were 1,000 miles from the battlefield?

Comment

Jim, you seem to have a habit of making statements like this, then running away from them....

So, again I ask.... surely, you can summarize it for me, yes? In one sentence, what was the bombshell for which Trump should be impeached and removed from office?

Or, maybe you're getting your version from the same source that told you the javelin missiles were 1,000 miles from the battlefield?
                              I'll take a stab at it: Bad Orange Man made noble Christlike ambassadorette cry.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Of course he was trying to "get something." If POTUS is not doing foreign relations transactionally, he's not doing them (it?) properly.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment