Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The entire story that the Abassador laid out before you, CP.
    So, surely, you can summarize it for me, yes? In one sentence, what was the bombshell for which Trump should be impeached and removed from office?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I see you're talking to your mirror image again, eh, Lilpix. This is really interesting watching how you otherwise fairly intelligent people can make yourselves deaf, dumb, and blind in order to protect your beliefs from the incoming facts. Profiles in courage you are not!
    Nah Jimmy, you’re a true believer in whatever your democrat overlords tell you. Watching you eat a nothing burger, with a giant side of nothing, and say it taste great, is the highlight of my day.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I did, on and off.

So, how bout dialing the snark down just and tad and enlighten me. What was the most jaw-dropping bombshell of the day?
    To be honest, I was not thrilled with exactly how the impeachment hearings are being handled. That said, it's extremely concerning that Taylor, Sondland, and Yvanovitch are speaking about a very similar event with very similar testimony and being accused of hating America, the president or in some kind of conspiracy theory web. I think that the Republicans are doing a good enough job of looking like jack asses by accusing faithful public servants of being traitors of some kind; the Democrats should just let them sink their own ship. That said the very far left is fueling the flames of a dumpster fire in it's own way by being a little too adamant.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    To be honest, I was not thrilled with exactly how the impeachment hearings are being handled. That said, it's extremely concerning that Taylor, Sondland, and Yvanovitch are speaking about a very similar event with very similar testimony and being accused of hating America, the president or in some kind of conspiracy theory web. I think that the Republicans are doing a good enough job of looking like jack asses by accusing faithful public servants of being traitors of some kind; the Democrats should just let them sink their own ship. That said the very far left is fueling the flames of a dumpster fire in it's own way by being a little too adamant.
    You've never seen a real trial, huh?

5. Amen NorrinRadd, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've not heard anything about accusing them of hating America -- if somebody said that, it's nuts. This is political theater from both sides. Impeachment is, after all, a political animal, and this one is anything but bipartisan. 100% of the Republicans were against it, joined by 2 Democrats.

7. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've not heard anything about accusing them of hating America -- if somebody said that, it's nuts. This is political theater from both sides. Impeachment is, after all, a political animal, and this one is anything but bipartisan. 100% of the Republicans were against it, joined by 2 Democrats.
    I'm not sure that 100 percent of Republicans are ACTUALLY against impeachment. I tend to think that the votes might look a lot different if someone was able to go against the party ideas without being threatened into oblivion. A good example of a Republican senator whose pretty well hated is Mitt Romney. Basically he's had many many accusations thrown at him and frankly it's horrible. The only real reason I can see for him being hated so much by the Republican Party is that he doesn't like Donald Trump.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure that 100 percent of Republicans are ACTUALLY against impeachment. I tend to think that the votes might look a lot different if someone was able to go against the party ideas without being threatened into oblivion. A good example of a Republican senator whose pretty well hated is Mitt Romney. Basically he's had many many accusations thrown at him and frankly it's horrible. The only real reason I can see for him being hated so much by the Republican Party is that he doesn't like Donald Trump.
    Which brings it back to - this is an entirely political process.

Back in March, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed she would only move forward with the impeachment of President Donald Trump if the move received significant bipartisan support. On Thursday, not a single Republican congressman voted to pass a resolution which sets out guidelines for the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

The resolution did pass on Tuesday at 232-196, with all but two Democrats voting in support, however every Republican (except three who didn’t vote) voted against.

“The vote was expected to be deeply partisan,” reported the New York Times. “No Republicans broke ranks with Mr. Trump and voted in support of the resolution and two Democrats, Collin C. Peterson of Minnesota and Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, joined the Republicans in voting against it.”

Pelosi, who voted in support of the resolution after announcing the impeachment inquiry last month, has historically opposed impeachment during the Trump presidency. She claimed previously in an interview in March, “I’m not for impeachment.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,” she declared. “He’s just not worth it.”

Yet, here we are.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He ran a lackluster, conciliatory campaign and lost to Obama. Many Republicans felt betrayed because he didn't seem to even be trying.

Then he gets snarky with the guy who showed some backbone - of course that doesn't go well.

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That there were some Republicans who would have voted in favor of an impeachment inquiry is what some Democrat consultants were saying a week and a half ago

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Over the weekend on one of the cable news networks (Bloomberg IIRC), they had a couple Democrat pollster/advisors on and they were bemoaning how the party allowed Schiff to head the investigation saying that he has already doomed any chance of removing Trump through his actions. They claimed that several Republicans (primarily those who are retiring and don't like Trump) would have joined the Democrats in calling for an impeachment inquiry if it weren't for his bumbling ham-fisted antics.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Which brings it back to - this is an entirely political process.

Back in March, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed she would only move forward with the impeachment of President Donald Trump if the move received significant bipartisan support. On Thursday, not a single Republican congressman voted to pass a resolution which sets out guidelines for the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

The resolution did pass on Tuesday at 232-196, with all but two Democrats voting in support, however every Republican (except three who didn’t vote) voted against.

“The vote was expected to be deeply partisan,” reported the New York Times. “No Republicans broke ranks with Mr. Trump and voted in support of the resolution and two Democrats, Collin C. Peterson of Minnesota and Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, joined the Republicans in voting against it.”

Pelosi, who voted in support of the resolution after announcing the impeachment inquiry last month, has historically opposed impeachment during the Trump presidency. She claimed previously in an interview in March, “I’m not for impeachment.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,” she declared. “He’s just not worth it.”

Yet, here we are.
    And the only bipartisanship was when two of the Democrats joined with the Republicans in voting against proceeding with the impeachment inquiry.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.