Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Which brings it back to - this is an entirely political process.

Back in March, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi claimed she would only move forward with the impeachment of President Donald Trump if the move received significant bipartisan support. On Thursday, not a single Republican congressman voted to pass a resolution which sets out guidelines for the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

The resolution did pass on Tuesday at 232-196, with all but two Democrats voting in support, however every Republican (except three who didn’t vote) voted against.

“The vote was expected to be deeply partisan,” reported the New York Times. “No Republicans broke ranks with Mr. Trump and voted in support of the resolution and two Democrats, Collin C. Peterson of Minnesota and Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, joined the Republicans in voting against it.”

Pelosi, who voted in support of the resolution after announcing the impeachment inquiry last month, has historically opposed impeachment during the Trump presidency. She claimed previously in an interview in March, “I’m not for impeachment.”

“Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,” she declared. “He’s just not worth it.”

Yet, here we are.
    I do agree that this process has become extremely partisan. And I understand the Republicans hold to "no quid pro quo." But at what point can someone say "investigate my opponent" Then withhold military aid.....Then when there was an agreement, give the military aid...Without it being not connected and not quid pro quo. It's just too difficult not to believe Trump wasn't trying to get something.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    I do agree that this process has become extremely partisan. And I understand the Republicans hold to "no quid pro quo." But at what point can someone say "investigate my opponent" Then withhold military aid.....Then when there was an agreement, give the military aid...Without it being not connected and not quid pro quo. It's just too difficult not to believe Trump wasn't trying to get something.
    Trump, a career businessman, was making a deal with people who had no idea he was putting pressure on them? That strikes me as far less believable.

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jim, you seem to have a habit of making statements like this, then running away from them....

Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The entire story that the Abassador laid out before you, CP.
    So, again I ask.... surely, you can summarize it for me, yes? In one sentence, what was the bombshell for which Trump should be impeached and removed from office?

Or, maybe you're getting your version from the same source that told you the javelin missiles were 1,000 miles from the battlefield?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jim, you seem to have a habit of making statements like this, then running away from them....

So, again I ask.... surely, you can summarize it for me, yes? In one sentence, what was the bombshell for which Trump should be impeached and removed from office?

Or, maybe you're getting your version from the same source that told you the javelin missiles were 1,000 miles from the battlefield?
    I'll take a stab at it: Bad Orange Man made noble Christlike ambassadorette cry.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

6. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course he was trying to "get something." If POTUS is not doing foreign relations transactionally, he's not doing them (it?) properly.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I'll take a stab at it: Bad Orange Man made noble Christlike ambassadorette cry.
    Did she ever actually cry? There were a number of times she appeared to be depressed, but I don't think she actually cried.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure that 100 percent of Republicans are ACTUALLY against impeachment. I tend to think that the votes might look a lot different if someone was able to go against the party ideas without being threatened into oblivion. A good example of a Republican senator whose pretty well hated is Mitt Romney. Basically he's had many many accusations thrown at him and frankly it's horrible. The only real reason I can see for him being hated so much by the Republican Party is that he doesn't like Donald Trump.
    If Mitt Romney fought Obama and the Democrats as hard as he's fought Trump, he'd be in his second term as president right now.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

11. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The entire story that the Abassador laid out before you, CP.
    Evasion duly noted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Did she ever actually cry? There were a number of times she appeared to be depressed, but I don't think she actually cried.
    The panelists on last Sunday's Meet the Press will be disappointed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    True story....

Years ago, there was a youth evangelist who was making the rounds, and he was speaking at First Baptist Church, Tyler.

He was introduced as the guest preacher, took the podium, and just stood there looking at the 350 young people gathered there to hear the Word. He became overwhelmed, looked at his Bible, and just started crying. Never said a word, just stood there with tears running down his face, and weeping. Kids started coming forward and kneeling at the altar, 121 gave their lives to Christ, and at least 3 dozen rededications. The rest of the service turned into a testimony meeting, no sermon at all.

From then on, we'd see him at a youth camp or rally, and ask, "David, can you please come and cry at my Church?"

15. Amen Teallaura, Celebrian amen'd this post.