Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    True story....

Years ago, there was a youth evangelist who was making the rounds, and he was speaking at First Baptist Church, Tyler.

He was introduced as the guest preacher, took the podium, and just stood there looking at the 350 young people gathered there to hear the Word. He became overwhelmed, looked at his Bible, and just started crying. Never said a word, just stood there with tears running down his face, and weeping. Kids started coming forward and kneeling at the altar, 121 gave their lives to Christ, and at least 3 dozen rededications. The rest of the service turned into a testimony meeting, no sermon at all.

From then on, we'd see him at a youth camp or rally, and ask, "David, can you please come and cry at my Church?"

That was about you, wasn't it?
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    That was about you, wasn't it?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

3. Amen MaxVel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Did she ever actually cry? There were a number of times she appeared to be depressed, but I don't think she actually cried.
    My understanding is that she was tearful in the rehearsal and coaching sessions in the basement.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    My understanding is that she was tearful in the rehearsal and coaching sessions in the basement.
    And Democrats were really hoping for a repeat performance because they thought it would make for good TV.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interesting observation from Politico

Unlike any previous impeachment, we were all able to follow along with the inquiry as it unfolded and witnesses revealed new information. Second, never before, two of the experts pointed out, has an impeachment turned directly on matters of national security. By any normal standard that should strip the domestic politics out of the proceedings—except, as another historian pointed out, the Republicans in Congress have chosen to act as his legal defense rather than as serious fact-finders about his conduct, which is another historical outlier.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Interesting observation from Politico
    The first point is fact, the second is just opinion.

Another fact I'd add is the unprecedented divide we're seeing between the parties, something probably not seen since the civil war.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Not just opinion, inversion. Watch out for the inversions, they reveal what the reality is: the democrats are acting as prosecutors rather than fact-finders.

Another fact I'd add is the unprecedented divide we're seeing between the parties, something probably not seen since the civil war.
    Only because Trump wrested control of the Republican party, otherwise the neocon establishments would still be in control, and extremely tight with the neoliberals.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

And, citing that divide, Nancy had said impeachment was a bad idea unless it was very necessary and very bipartisan.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Er, no, the first point is wrong - the Clinton impeachment was way too public... considering its X rating...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And, citing that divide, Nancy had said impeachment was a bad idea unless it was very necessary and very bipartisan.
    And it is very necessary, and in the end will need be bipartisan. Nixon wasn't bipartisan until they realized in the end that they had no choice but to advise Nixon to resign if he didn't want to be convicted.