Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And it is very necessary, and in the end will need be bipartisan.
    And the Easter Bunny will publish the findings, Trump will go to jail, and everybody will live happily ever after.

Nixon wasn't bipartisan until they realized in the end that they had no choice but to advise Nixon to resign if he didn't want to be convicted.
    The Nixon impeachment was the result of an actual undeniable documented CRIME, Jim. Nobody disputed that the CRIME occurred, and nobody was confused about what the CRIME actually was.

Did I mention there was actually a CRIME that triggered the Nixon impeachment process?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

2. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And it is very necessary, and in the end will need be bipartisan. Nixon wasn't bipartisan until they realized in the end that they had no choice but to advise Nixon to resign if he didn't want to be convicted.
    The inquiry resolution vote in the Nixon impeachment was 410 to 4 - overwhelmingly bipartisan. The Trump 'validation of existing investigations, not an impeachment resolution, honest' thing had a vote of 232 (all Democrat) to 196 (194 Republicans and two Democrats).

No direct evidence and no valid charges (focus group polling aside) - and the only 'bipartisan' support is for stopping the whole mess. This sham is nothing remotely close to the Nixon or Clinton affairs which both had bipartisan support for the inquiry - and in Clinton's case, the articles of impeachment.

4. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    The inquiry resolution vote in the Nixon impeachment was 410 to 4 - overwhelmingly bipartisan. The Trump 'validation of existing investigations, not an impeachment resolution, honest' thing had a vote of 232 (all Democrat) to 196 (194 Republicans and two Democrats).
    Comparing the Trump Impeachment to the Nixon Impeachment is like comparing a Clown Car to the Indy 500.

clown car.jpeg

6. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Trump will go to jail, and everybody will live happily ever after.
    Let us hope so, though if he's smart he'll seek asylum in Russia just as did Putin's puppet in Ukraine, Yanucovych

The Nixon impeachment was the result of an actual undeniable documented CRIME, Jim. Nobody disputed that the CRIME occurred, and nobody was confused about what the CRIME actually was.

Did I mention there was actually a CRIME that triggered the Nixon impeachment process?
    Nixon was being impeached and innocent of committing any crimes until Congress decided that he did. No different than this case with Trump. But do keep seeking out those excuses.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nixon was being impeached and innocent of committing any crimes until Congress decided that he did. No different than this case with Trump.
    Wrong - Nixon was implicated because there was absolute undeniable crime linked directly to him. Nobody disputed that Watergate was a crime, and the impeachment was all about the coverup.

Did I mention there was an actual undeniable CRIME?

9. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Comparing the Trump Impeachment to the Nixon Impeachment is like comparing a Clown Car to the Indy 500.

clown car.jpeg
    True, Trump is far more corrupt and dangerous than Nixon ever thought of being.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    True, Trump is far more corrupt and dangerous than Nixon ever thought of being.
    You appear to be in your "let me prove how childish and immature I can be" mode, so have fun.

12. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wrong - Nixon was implicated because there was absolute undeniable crime linked directly to him. Nobody disputed that Watergate was a crime, and the impeachment was all about the coverup.

Er, guys, you're both wrong. Nixon was not impeached. There was an impeachment inquiry because there was sufficient evidence that he had been involved in an actual crime. Nixon resigned after being forced to release the tapes that proved his guilt.

An we still wonder about those eighteen minutes...

14. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Er, guys, you're both wrong. Nixon was not impeached...
    Er, no, I'm not wrong. I never said he was impeached.... there was obviously an impeachment process begun, but he bailed before there was a vote.

Sometimes you're a wee trigger-happy to find fault, my dear sister.

Perhaps you assumed because I said....

But I pointed out it was a "process" in that same post...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Er, no, I'm not wrong. I never said he was impeached.... there was obviously an impeachment process begun, but he bailed before there was a vote.

Sometimes you're a wee trigger-happy to find fault, my dear sister.

Perhaps you assumed because I said....

But I pointed out it was a "process" in that same post...

You've been editing... And I now have no idea what you think you said that I'm assuming from... Be back...

Back: Actually, it was the use of impeachment that I quoted. I knew you knew better - you caught me mucking that up - but it still reads like Nixon was impeached.

But that's not really what I was getting at - Nixon's involvement was not certain at the time of the inquiry vote.
    Last edited by Teallaura; 11-16-2019 at 07:35 PM.