Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

You've been editing... And I now have no idea what you think you said that I'm assuming from... Be back...
    Regardless --- I am FULLY aware that Nixon was not impeached, never said he was, though the impeachment process had most certainly begun, and it was VERY MUCH BIPARTISAN, because it was so overwhelmingly OBVIOUS that an actual CRIME had been committed, and he was implicated in direct involvement.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

2. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Regardless --- I am FULLY aware that Nixon was not impeached, never said he was, though the impeachment process had most certainly begun, and it was VERY MUCH BIPARTISAN, because it was so overwhelmingly OBVIOUS that an actual CRIME had been committed, and he was implicated in direct involvement.
    Chill - that wasn't what I was getting at.

Yes, the break in was a crime - but improper use of presidential power for political gain can also be criminal (needs a lot more salt, I grant). At the time of the inquiry vote it wasn't at all certain that Nixon was actually involved.

But there was a very definite, specific line of inquiry with regard to charges - totally unlike the floundering 'investigation' of Trump.

Jim's only being a little bit jerky - if you let this get to you, you'll have a stroke when Ox shows up.

Kum-bah-yah time?

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Different times, CP. Republicans were a different breed back then, they were sane. Trump has committed many obvious crimes already, and could probably shoot someone on 5th ave, and still an impeachment inquiry would be partisan. Republicans/conservatives today are basically led, like sheep, by unethical, immoral propagandists.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Different times, CP. Republicans were a different breed back then, they were sane. Trump has committed many obvious crimes already, and could probably shoot someone on 5th ave, and still an impeachment inquiry would be partisan. Republicans/conservatives today are basically led, like sheep, by unethical, immoral propagandists.
    A WHOLE lot more salt...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Chill - that wasn't what I was getting at.....
    Um... slow your roll.

Er, guys, you're both wrong. Nixon was not impeached.
    I was not wrong - you simply jumped to the conclusion that I thought, or said, that Nixon was actually impeached...

Next?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Different times, CP. Republicans were a different breed back then....
    There was nowhere near the partisan division that there is today, and it's both sides, not just the Republicans. Look at how your party is being dragged farther and farther extremist left by some of the wackiest people on the planet.

8. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Giving free benefits to illegals when we can't even solve the homeless problem of US citizens, abolishing ICE, opening the borders, abolishing private medical insurance and offering free medical care to all including illegals, reparations to descendants of offenses that have long since passed -- yeah, that's real sane. It's the progressive left that moved far away from the center left into the land of lunacy. It's not just the right and left that are divided, but the left itself is fragmented from the centrists to the radical SJW progressives.
    Last edited by seanD; 11-16-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

10. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Um... slow your roll.

I was not wrong - you simply jumped to the conclusion that I thought, or said, that Nixon was actually impeached...

Next?
    You were too wrong - that wasn't the point nor what I thought you were both wrong about. That's why I didn't stop there.

Back up to the post I edited, smarty pants - I already said I knew you knew Nixon wasn't impeached and how I knew it. Next time wait until I finish.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Giving free benefits to illegals when we can't even solve the homeless problem of US citizens, abolishing ICE, opening the borders, abolishing private medical insurance and offering free medical care to all including illegals, reparations to descendants of offenses that have long since passed -- yeah, that's real sane. It's the progressive left that moved far away from the center left into the land of lunacy. It's not just the right and left that are divided, but the left itself is fragmented from the centrists to the radical SJW progressives.
    They are turning on Obama, too.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You were too wrong
    Nope. Was not.

But I'll allow you to think I was, how's that?