Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Now, could somebody please take a deep breath and point out anything in the article that is not true?
    Ascribing any comment by anyone to "Trump Derangement", which simply doesn't exist.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Ascribing any comment by anyone to "Trump Derangement", which simply doesn't exist.
      You are Exhibit A that it does exist.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The article, Jim. What, specifically, in the article is not true?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

By making a mockery of those that oppose him (by dissmissing their protests as evidence of mental illness) the article both supports Trump and denigrates his critics. Or is that to complicated for you to grasp?

There is no such thing as "Trump Derangement". What exists are people with integrity that are offended by Trumps behavior and actions to the point they are willing to say so.

The reality is that the issues I and others raise against Trump are legitimate issues. Yet you and others play the "TDS" game to give yourselves the excuse to ignore the problems. That is supporting Trump. It means that you are willing to dismiss legitimate issues on his behalf. The objective person does not dismiss real problems. Nor do the resort to calling people that raise those issues insane.
          Does the crazy guy, sitting on the street corner, in his tin foil hat, holding his ‘The End is Near’ sign, make good points? Maybe, but nobody listens to him because of all the crazy things he says in between. That’s you, the crazy guy nobody listens to. Drop the crazy and others might be more willing to listen.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That statement is a lie. It is not the truth. And I don't believe that you actually believe it to be true. I think you are just annoyed at my comments and want to attack me for making those comments. but regardless, there is nothing in that statement that is going to encourage peace, or keep the peace. It is an attack on me.

Now - if you are actually concerned about 'peace' around here, you will stop doing that sort of thing.
            It isn’t a lie.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Does the crazy guy, sitting on the street corner, in his tin foil hat, holding his ‘The End is Near’ sign, make good points? Maybe, but nobody listens to him because of all the crazy things he says in between. That’s you, the crazy guy nobody listens to. Drop the crazy and others might be more willing to listen.
              Trump's presidency is a field rich for debate, but you can't have a rational debate with someone who continually screams, "Orange man bad!"

Comment

That statement is a lie.
                No, Jim, it's not a lie. It's my personal opinion.

It is not the truth. And I don't believe that you actually believe it to be true.
                Sadly, yes, I believe it's true that you are so obsessed with Trump that anybody who is not equally obsessed is a "Trump Supporter". I fully expect that kind of "logic" from lost people, but not from brothers in Christ.

I think you are just annoyed at my comments and want to attack me for making those comments.
                Attack? Sheeeeeesh. It is my personal heart-felt belief that you have become so obsessed with Trump that you are no longer rational. It's not an attack, it's a legitimate concern, Jim.

but regardless, there is nothing in that statement that is going to encourage peace, or keep the peace. It is an attack on me.
                I'm not the least bit surprised that you see it that way - that's your prerogative.

Now - if you are actually concerned about 'peace' around here, you will stop doing that sort of thing.
                I'll stop doing what, exactly? Expressing concern over your constant unrelenting obsession with Trump, and not sharing it?

Let's go over this again, Jim...
                • Trump could not have been elected if God did not allow it. Do you dispute this point?
                • I personally voted 'for' Trump because it was really clear that the alternative was very much pro-abortion, and far more likely to associate with the anti-Christian agenda of the left against pretty much everything I believe.
                • I recognized that Trump was a seriously flawed candidate, but I was not voting for him as pastor-in-chief, and saw him as 'the evil of two lessers'.
                • The liberals have been absolutely relentless in getting rid of Trump, even before he took office, and for whatever reason, God hasn't seemed to bless their efforts.
                • There is a process for legitimately removing a person such as Trump from office, and that is the impeachment process, which the liberals seem to be politicizing beyond belief.
                • Meanwhile, he is the legitimately elected POTUS, and it is my Christian duty to pray for him. I actually pray daily for Trump to "become a human". I saw God do that with my own daughter, who had slipped into the culture of death, drugs, lawlessness, rebellion -- and God has gloriously pulled her from that and made her an incredibly beautiful person who is living for Jesus and praising Him.
                • Spending pretty much every waking moment of my life attacking Trump isn't going to change a single thing - but faithfully praying for him just might.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm willing to listen. I think, down deep, Jim is a really good man. I just think he's seriously deluded on this whole Trump thing. I guess that makes me a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Trump's presidency is a field rich for debate, but you can't have a rational debate with someone who continually screams, "Orange man bad!"
                    In many ways, Trump is truly blessed by his enemies.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm willing to listen. I think, down deep, Jim is a really good man. I just think he's seriously deluded on this whole Trump thing. I guess that makes me a liar.
                      Some might, but it’s really tiring after awhile. I got enough screaming kids of my own to worry about without adult ones to add on top.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

In many ways, Trump is truly blessed by his enemies.
                        They couldn't have picked a better guy to prosecute the impeachment.

Comment

They couldn't have picked a better guy to prosecute the impeachment.
                          They seem pretty determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2020.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Now, could somebody please take a deep breath and point out anything in the article that is not true?
                            If anything, this thread is proving the article true. In short, the point the article makes is in the Democrat rush to make everything Trump says or does as being bad, they overlook their own failures and mistakes.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

They seem pretty determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2020.
                              It was the Democrat party's entire plan since Trump was elected to take back control of Congress in 2018 and then impeach him and remove him from office (and then they likely would have pressured Pence to resign paving the way for Nancy Pelosi to become president), and I believe they would have already done so if Republicans hadn't held onto and actually made gains in the Senate, contrary to historical precedent and expectations.

And now their backs are against the wall because they have literally nothing to run on in 2020. They can not point a single legislative accomplishment and tell voters, "This is what we did for you." And with Barr and Durham breathing down their necks, time is quickly running out. The buzz I'm hearing is that the IG report is going to be devastating and a "career ender" for a number of prominent politicians. I guess we'll see.

Comment

If anything, this thread is proving the article true. In short, the point the article makes is in the Democrat rush to make everything Trump says or does as being bad, they overlook their own failures and mistakes.
                                Sadly, you seem to be correct, and nobody has pointed out any errors or fact problems in the article itself. They just seem to be underscoring the message of the article.

Comment