Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 92

Thread: Anonymous, A Warning

  1. #41
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,442
    Amen (Given)
    6064
    Amen (Received)
    7297
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimbulb View Post
    Would you care about it even if we knew the name, or would you still have your head firmly in the ground and be yelling that facts don't matter like normal?

    Lets say it turns out to be Trump's ex-Chief of Staff, ex-General John Kelly, since he seems to be one of the more likely candidates. (e.g Nikki Haley has said that of the Cabinet he was one of those most actively trying to save America from Trump's nuttery) Say we learned it was him who is the 'anonymous' behind the op-ed and the book. Would you still shrug it off?
    So you're asking me if I would still shrug it off if we found out it was written by someone with no credibility and a treasonous bent like John Kelly who ignored direct orders and tried to establish his own foreign policy?

    Yeah, I would.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #42
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,962
    Amen (Given)
    319
    Amen (Received)
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You have hit the problem squarely on the head. How does the conservative audience, inoculated by the fake news mantra, learn what is really going on. The only news outlets Trump will not call 'fake news' are those that report favorably about him. So as long as the standard of 'branded by Trump as fake news' is being used to determine what to believe, it would seem the truth about any Trump wrong-doings can never be learned by those that support Trump to the extent they adopt his classification of what is, or is not, fake news.

    This goes to the heart of what the free press is, what it is about, and why it exists, to the heart of why the free press is critical to a democracy, and to the heart of why fair and unbiased journalistic standards must be adhered to by any legitimate journalistic enterprises, and finally, to the heart of what is so dangerous about Trump and his spokesman constantly on the warpath against the press.


    Jim
    You got to the heart of the problem. You are trying to get something for free. haha.

    So how do you get to the heart of the problem -- of how to know that news items represent truthful facts?

    I can't imagine how you have found that Trump is so powerful as to control the conservative media.

    The traditional media almost exclusively provides 'facts' from Democrats. Where do you go to get non-Democrat-controlled news?

    The traditional media has a long way to go to re-establish any degree of credibility for many people (70%)
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 11-11-2019 at 03:11 PM.

  3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  4. #43
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,050
    Amen (Given)
    464
    Amen (Received)
    1817
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So you're asking me if I would still shrug it off if we found out it was written by someone with no credibility and a treasonous bent like John Kelly who ignored direct orders and tried to establish his own foreign policy?

    Yeah, I would.
    So one choice is that Kelly, Tillerson are treasonous. But these are men of high caliber, praised when they were chosen, men of integrity. People who ostensibly supported Trump. when such people are turned by what they see and hear on the inside, is it not possible, even likely, they observed such things as to make that a reasonable response?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  5. #44
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,468
    Amen (Given)
    1907
    Amen (Received)
    1587
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    No, Jim. The REAL problem is that the MSM is no longer news, but has turned into editorializing partisan hacks.
    I think that perhaps Jim had you in mind when writing the post you replied to. Nixon said that the MSM wasn't real news as well. He was forced to resign because as it turned out the MSM was real news.

  6. #45
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,962
    Amen (Given)
    319
    Amen (Received)
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I think that perhaps Jim had you in mind when writing the post you replied to. Nixon said that the MSM wasn't real news as well. He was forced to resign because as it turned out the MSM was real news.
    Okay. So what does that mean for us 50 years later?

    Does media rely on teletypes and typewriters today?

    Do we have the same news reporters with the same view of the world?

    Are the news organizations owned today by the same groups that owned them 50 years ago?
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 11-11-2019 at 04:35 PM.

  7. #46
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,442
    Amen (Given)
    6064
    Amen (Received)
    7297
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So one choice is that Kelly, Tillerson are treasonous. But these are men of high caliber...
    Men of high caliber would not betray their Commander in Chief by ignoring direct orders and taking it upon themselves to implement their own "shadow" international policy.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #47
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,468
    Amen (Given)
    1907
    Amen (Received)
    1587
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Okay. So what does that mean for us 50 years later?

    Does media rely on teletypes and typewriters today?

    Do we have the same news reporters with the same view of the world?
    Truth isn't dependent upon ones views of the world,
    Are the news organizations owned today by the same groups that owned them 50 years ago?
    For now, I suggest you watch, or listen, to the open hearings beginning on Wednesday to see for yourself. Then you won't have to rely on the media to understand what is real or fake.
    Last edited by JimL; 11-11-2019 at 05:16 PM.

  9. #48
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Amen (Given)
    262
    Amen (Received)
    1062
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    No, Jim. The REAL problem is that the MSM is no longer news, but has turned into editorializing partisan hacks.
    Also "clickbait" and "ragebait" to attract viewers and keep themselves above water the best they can in a dying industry. That's why cnn is basically "orange man bad" 24/7 now.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  10. #49
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,962
    Amen (Given)
    319
    Amen (Received)
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    For now, I suggest you watch, or listen, to the open hearings beginning on Wednesday to see for yourself. Then you won't have to rely on the media to understand what is real or fake.
    why don't the dems just do the hearing and then pass it on to the Senate?

  11. #50
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,133
    Amen (Given)
    2785
    Amen (Received)
    1753
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Men of high caliber would not betray their Commander in Chief by ignoring direct orders and taking it upon themselves to implement their own "shadow" international policy.
    Are you claiming that Trump was wrong when he claimed he appoints "only the best people"?!?

  12. Amen Charles amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •