Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

How Scientists Got Climate Change So Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Who cares, when China and India industrialising is sufficient to push CO2 levels past another dozen dozens of 'points of no return'?
    I think I might take the Climate Alarmists more seriously if they were focusing their attention on the biggest polluters.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      I will stick with the ethical support of science, and not the acride rhetoric and personal attacks you resort to.
      Might wanna clean that record - it's skipping on the crazy part again.

Also, there isn't an e in acrid.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Might wanna clean that record - it's skipping on the crazy part again.

Also, there isn't an e in acrid.
        Meaning does not change. We always need an anal grammarian to fail to respond coherently with personal attacks, and point out silly errors.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Meaning does not change. We always need an anal grammarian to fail to respond coherently with personal attacks, and point out silly errors.
          Can't remember starting off by attacking me and can't spell. Well, at least it keeps you off the streets... Kinda wondering about drugs, though...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Can't remember starting off by attacking me and can't spell. Well, at least it keeps you off the streets... Kinda wondering about drugs, though...
            will stick with the ethical support of science, and not the acrid rhetoric and personal attacks you resort to, and no funny faces on drugs. {spelling corrected for your benefit)
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

will stick with the ethical support of science, and not the acrid rhetoric and personal attacks you resort to. {spelling corrected for your benefit)
              Maybe a new needle? That record is still skipping - and it's making the most insane noise.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Maybe a new needle? That record is still skipping - and it's making the most insane noise.
                The insane needle noise is yours, because your responses do not warrant anything else.

Still waiting for some real science . . .

Frank

Comment

The insane needle noise is yours, because your responses do not warrant anything else.

Still waiting for some real science . . .
                  Since you think science has ethics and you can't remember violating your own version of those imaginary ethics in this very thread you're probably gonna have a very, very long wait - you don't know what science is so you're not gonna know when you see it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I think I might take the Climate Alarmists more seriously if they were focusing their attention on the biggest polluters.
                    Yes, let's focus our attention on the biggest polluter.

There's only one country which has both a high per capita CO2 emission and a high overall CO2 emission. We should focus on them.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Since you think science has ethics and you can't remember violating your own version of those imaginary ethics in this very thread you're probably gonna have a very, very long wait - you don't know what science is so you're not gonna know when you see it.
                      Phfffffffffft . . . plop . . . plop.

Frank

Comment

Phfffffffffft . . . plop . . . plop.
                        Sounds like you forgot your adult diaper.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

There's only one country which has both a high per capita CO2 emission and a high overall CO2 emission. We should focus on them.
                          Yes, by all means, let's define "polluter" in such a way as to point the finger to the US, even though China is clearly the biggest polluter.

Dirty deeds: The world's biggest polluters by country

1. China

China overtook the United States as the world's biggest carbon dioxide polluter in 2006, and has topped the list ever since.

In 2012, the communist country pumped an estimated 9.8 billion tons of CO2 into the world's atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels such as oil and coal. And while emissions grew at a slower pace in 2012 than previous years, China still accounted for 70 percent of the global increase in CO2 emissions that year.

China's smog levels are notorious. But air pollution is soaring to new heights due to the country's rapid industrialization, reliance on coal power and increased car ownership for a booming population.

It doesn't help that environmental laws are often ignored, according to green activists.

Blame America First!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

By my observations the proponents of Global Warming do focus their attention on the biggest polluters. The problem is the Global Warming deniers defend the biggest polluters like the Trump administration.

There are reasons why I believe that Global Warming trend cannot be prevented, because it is a world problem with increased population, and a lack of strong world consensus and unified effort to address the problems. Energy demands are far outstripping efforts to reduce CO2 emissions. I support Bjørn Lomborg's view that the primary efforts should be adapt to changes in the world due to Global Warming. We still should have the goal to reduce carbon emissions.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Sounds like you forgot your adult diaper.
                              You should no better with a background in science to trumpet Teallaura's childish foolishness.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Yes, by all means, let's define "polluter" in such a way as to point the finger to the US, even though China is clearly the biggest polluter.

Dirty deeds: The world's biggest polluters by country

Blame America First!
                                China is the biggest polluter only because they're the biggest country. We can talk about driving population down, or we can talk about dropping emissions per pop, or we can do both.

Emisssions = pop * emissions/pop

It's a math thing, goobz, you wouldn't understand.

But for those that can, your focus on China while living in a high emissions/pop country means you want to take out China's pop, by hundreds of millions, without caring too much how that's done, which is kinda horrifying, or you want to drive them down to a living standard you wouldn't accept for yourself, which is also kinda horrifying, if you knew the math, which you don't, cause you're a goober.

Feel free to toss your spitballs at the scientists, toss them at Roy, or toss 'em at me if you like. But any way you figure it, that's your drool, and you should clean it up.

This is our country, well, not Roy's, but hey, it's everyone's world, so let's go with that. This is our world, and we'd like to clean it up, because the science says we've got a problem here. You can lead, follow, or get out of the way. Cause so long as you can't do any of those, you're part of the problem, and you're not helping.

Comment