Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    As I said to Sparko - that resolves to censure. There is something very unbalanced here - as I said, the same sorts of disagreements occur between you and Charles, JimL and others. Yet you do not 'regret' your conversations with them. And there have been other personalities on this site that a far more aggressive than I have ever been, and they were never censured in this manner either. You need to ask yourself why you can tolerate such feedback from others and not from this person.
    So, you won't respect that. Duly noted.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Refusing to have discussions with a person is censure.
      I'm talking to you now, Jim, so it's obviously not censure.

You may as well just all put me on ignore.
      I specified "political arguments", Jim.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Refusing to have discussions with a person is censure. You may as well just all put me on ignore.
        Just continue to share your good points. If they are left unanswered, the will still be read and appreciated, your line of reasoning will still be followed. And if good reasons and good arguments are left unanswered I guess there could be more than one explanation...
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Just continue to share your good points. If they are left unanswered, the will still be read and appreciated, your line of reasoning will still be followed. And if good reasons and good arguments are left unanswered I guess there could be more than one explanation...
          There certainly could be more than one explanation.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Did you not read the article?
            Did you read it? It doesn’t say Hunter requested anything like you claimed. There’s nothing directly related to Joes motivation either.

It’s pure speculation which is why no one takes it seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              No, Jim, your exact words were...

I did, indeed, answer, but maybe I'm "no-one".
              I was referring to the thread where I had tried to start a conversation on the issue with a hope to getting to why we (OBP and I) see things so differently. With the assumption being anyone is free to offer their answer, but no one did. It was not a reference to if you (or anyone) had ever discussed the issue in one form or another.

And to date, no one has answered those questions or engaged that line of thought, which is simply the fact, not a discussion of why that is the case.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Nobody is censuring you, Jim - you are free to post as much as you want on any topic you wish, subject to the rules of the forum. Similarly, I'm free not to engage in political arguments with you.
                It is impossible to engage in a discussion when the other party will not do it. It makes it impossible for there to be dialogue. If I wanted a monologue, I could start a blog.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It is impossible to engage in a discussion when the other party will not do it. It makes it impossible for there to be dialogue. If I wanted a monologue, I could start a blog.
                  You get mad when someone engages with you, calling it an "attack."

You get mad when they stop engaging with you, calling it "censuring."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    So, you won't respect that. Duly noted.

The very fact you have engaged this course of action is itself massively disrespectful. And my replies to you at this point have nothing to do with Trump but rather trying to get you to reconsider that same disrespectful decision.

Comment

The very fact you have engaged this course of action is itself massively disrespectful. And my replies to you at this point have nothing to do with Trump but rather trying to get you to reconsider that same disrespectful decision.
                      Noted.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

May God forgive you for you know not what you are doing.

Comment

May God forgive you for you know not what you are doing.
                          I most certainly need God's forgiveness for a whole slew of things but this is not among them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Since there has been many attacks on his person and since refusing to discuss with him is a rather strange way of behaving, I wonder if you are shaking your head at the right person.

The option of respectfully disagreeing is the one to go for.

I have disagreed with Ox and it never got personal.
                            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              Since there has been many attacks on his person and since refusing to discuss with him is a rather strange way of behaving, I wonder if you are shaking your head at the right person.

The option of respectfully disagreeing is the one to go for.

I have disagreed with Ox and it never got personal.
                              As usual you haven't a clue.

Comment

I most certainly need God's forgiveness for a whole slew of things but this is not among them.
                                Actually, it is. But like I said, you dont know that.

Comment