Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 935

Thread: List of Trump's crimes?

  1. #671
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,235
    Amen (Given)
    12423
    Amen (Received)
    26595
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think I agree with your stated reason for deleting a post just up-thread, and that it continues to apply.
    Sadly, probably so.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  2. #672
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,354
    Amen (Given)
    379
    Amen (Received)
    1687
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Let's cut to the heart of this, Jim, one step at a time.

    Do you believe Trump's election was illegitimate?
    No. We have the electoral college with it's potential to allow a president to be elected with a minority popular vote. And if the russian interference shifted the outcome is impossible to know. The single biggest shift came from Comey's announcement.

    Do you believe Trump was the candidate the majority of the US population wanted in office?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-02-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  3. #673
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,354
    Amen (Given)
    379
    Amen (Received)
    1687
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I think I agree with your stated reason for deleting a post just up-thread, and that it continues to apply.
    Secret joke?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #674
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,354
    Amen (Given)
    379
    Amen (Received)
    1687
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Afraid the orange boogeyman is going to ‘get you’?
    Not me specifically , no. OTOH, I am concerned about your obsession with me.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  5. #675
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,708
    Amen (Given)
    1518
    Amen (Received)
    3263
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Not me specifically , no. OTOH, I am concerned about your obsession with me.
    It’s because I’m worried about how you left rational behind, to embrace conspiracy theories.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  6. #676
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21,351
    Amen (Given)
    6337
    Amen (Received)
    12104
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Secret joke?
    No, just reminding him of something. I apologize, I probably should have done so via PM.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  7. #677
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    120
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I know it's been done. My question is, is it officially legal?
    Its not a case of whether it is legal but whether it is ethical or appropriate.

    The executive powers granted to the president are not bound by law due to the separation of powers. Law is a legislative power given by the constitution same as the executive powers. A power is only answerable to a greater power so they tie.

    The president is under the law as a citizen but in his exercising of the executive powers he is above the law. This is what Uncle Ben was talking about when he said ‘with great power comes great responsibility’. The president is entrusted with these powers with the condition that they would be only used for the people.

    So to answer your question, it’s ‘legal’ if it was done for legitimate reasons.

  8. #678
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,594
    Amen (Given)
    10055
    Amen (Received)
    5777
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    Its not a case of whether it is legal but whether it is ethical or appropriate.

    The executive powers granted to the president are not bound by law due to the separation of powers. Law is a legislative power given by the constitution same as the executive powers. A power is only answerable to a greater power so they tie.

    The president is under the law as a citizen but in his exercising of the executive powers he is above the law. This is what Uncle Ben was talking about when he said ‘with great power comes great responsibility’. The president is entrusted with these powers with the condition that they would be only used for the people.

    So to answer your question, it’s ‘legal’ if it was done for legitimate reasons.
    Um, no. The Constitution itself is law - the supreme law of the land. The president is not above the law and laws that deal with appropriations are Congressional powers and therefore binding on the Exec so long as they are themselves constitutional.

    I'm inclined to agree with you about legitimacy of purpose. But it's not a good argument for the current issue. The Democrats are clearly not acting in good faith, they have not made a compelling case and they are not going to convince the public without a solid case built on strong evidence at this point. It's political suicide now even though it might be legitimate in a better case.

  9. #679
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    120
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Um, no. The Constitution itself is law - the supreme law of the land. The president is not above the law and laws that deal with appropriations are Congressional powers and therefore binding on the Exec so long as they are themselves constitutional.

    I'm inclined to agree with you about legitimacy of purpose. But it's not a good argument for the current issue. The Democrats are clearly not acting in good faith, they have not made a compelling case and they are not going to convince the public without a solid case built on strong evidence at this point. It's political suicide now even though it might be legitimate in a better case.
    Yes the constitution is law. I'm using law to mean legislative power here.

    The president is above the law when it comes to executive power because its vested in the president by the constitution. Executive powers and the president are not the same, congressional powers can bind the president but it can't limit restrict or have any effect on executive powers.

    What do you think of Trumps behavior regarding these proceedings?

    Aren't the polls showing 50% of Americans want Trump impeached and removed?

  10. #680
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,235
    Amen (Given)
    12423
    Amen (Received)
    26595
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    Aren't the polls showing 50% of Americans want Trump impeached and removed?
    This probably should be its own thread.

    A) First of all, it's a poll, and
    2) it depends on when and how the question was framed, and
    3) our nation is not a nation of polls, which would be a democracy, but a representative republic.

    Our form of government was intended, in part, to keep from constantly responding to "the will of the people", who can be quite fickle.

    An more interesting poll might include a third option --- that the President be impeached and censured, but not removed.

    In fact, a more recent poll shows that support for impeachment has actually dropped.

    Support for impeachment drops after second week of hearings: Poll


    Two weeks of impeachment-related hearings have left the country divided over whether President Trump should be pushed from office, a new poll shows.

    The Quinnipiac University poll, released Tuesday, found support for the president’s impeachment had dropped from 48% in late October to 45% a month later. The poll surveyed 1,355 registered voters from Nov. 21-25, with a margin of error of +/- 3.2 percentage points.


    So much for polls.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-02-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •