Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Trump's crimes?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    That's basically semantics, they all amount to the same thing.
    Jim, stop digging.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    There's no way to benefit, personal or otherwise, by doing something to directly influence the actions of another without the other in some way knowing about it. Ukraine didn't know the aid was withheld so it could not have had any bearing on their actions had they complied with the request, which they didn't. The presumption itself is logically incoherent and shouldn't be held at all without substantiation.
    Ukraine knew the aid was withheld. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/w...itary-aid.html

Now Teal is still holding her grudge and has me on ignore, so perhaps someone she doesn't have on ignore and who isn't trying to make sure the truth about this is suppressed can post this link with a comment or two so that she can get up to speed on the fact they knew the aid was being withheld in July and further, based on the testimony of this same official, their actions very much were based on that knowledge.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I laughed at the "dog coughing up blood" part. It just made the whole analogy even more surreal.
    It reminded me of one of Joe Biden's answers.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    An actual crime needn't even be committed for impeachment.
    This is priceless, and the Democrats are currently proving this to be true.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Ukraine knew the aid was withheld. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/w...itary-aid.html

Now Teal is still holding her grudge and has me on ignore, so perhaps someone she doesn't have on ignore and who isn't trying to make sure the truth about this is suppressed can post this link with a comment or two so that she can get up to speed on the fact they knew the aid was being withheld in July and further, based on the testimony of this same official, their actions very much were based on that knowledge.
    Teal is aware of this narrative because I responded to your post about it in another thread, and she amen'd my post. Here is my previous response:

If they knew then it was because they figured it out on their own and not because Trump instructed anybody to tell them. Multiple witnesses testified that they were never told that release of the aid was tied to the investigations, and Sondland testified that Trump told him explicitly that he didn't want any reciprocation from Ukraine.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is priceless, and the Democrats are currently proving this to be true.
    While impeachment is technically a political process, our Founding Fathers never intended for it to be wielded as a political weapon.

8. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    While impeachment is technically a political process, our Founding Fathers never intended for it to be wielded as a political weapon.
    You might enjoy Turley's review of the impeachment circus where they had the three liberal hacks pushing hard for impeachment, under the guise of being there as constitutional experts.

Turley: Democrats offering passion over proof in Trump impeachment
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Teal is aware of this narrative because I responded to your post about it in another thread, and she amen'd my post. Here is my previous response:
    yes I saw that response ... and that response is very, very lame.

The knew about it from a cable they received. Nothing in the article identifies the source of the cable. Who they heard it from is irrelevant because ...

It sheds significant light on the false narrative that "Zelinsky said he felt no pressure, therefore there was no QPQ" - light that shows the situation was pretty much as I described it. They had to say that, it was the only way to walk the line between not angering Trump and not involving themselves in the US impeachment. They were, in fact, under a great deal of pressure - they needed those funds and the only thing they knew that might help get it would be to appease Trump with a public announcement about investigating Biden's son and Burisma.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What about foreign-led investigations into political rivals? Do you think they intended for presidents to use those as leverage?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    yes I saw that response ... and that response is very, very lame.

The knew about it from a cable they received. Nothing in the article identifies the source of the cable. Who they heard it from is irrelevant because ...

It sheds significant light on the false narrative that "Zelinsky said he felt no pressure, therefore there was no QPQ" - light that shows the situation was pretty much as I described it. They had to say that, it was the only way to walk the line between not angering Trump and not involving themselves in the US impeachment. They were, in fact, under a great deal of pressure - they needed those funds and the only thing they knew that might help get it would be to appease Trump with a public announcement about investigating Biden's son and Burisma.
    This is nothing but idle speculation. You're assuming motives and thought processes for which there is no evidence. The phone call between Trump and Zelensky was on July 25th. The military aide was released on September 11. That's nearly two-months during which time Ukraine never agreed to start investigations and never publicly announced any investigations, yet we're supposed to believe that Trump had Zelensky shaking in his boots and willing to do anything to appease the Orange Mob Boss. In other words, you're asking us to believe that Zelensky is willing to lie to stay on Trump's good side, but wouldn't announce that they were looking into Quid Pro Joe's dirty deal. How do you reconcile this gaping hole in your narrative?

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.