Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Like Trump, she is her own worst enemy.
    We are currently beset with a bunch of politicians like that: Trump, AOC, Giuliani, Hillary, Schiff...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      We are currently beset with a bunch of politicians like that: Trump, AOC, Giuliani, Hillary, Schiff...
      Most famously and unambiguously communicated thusly....

met enemy.jpeg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• That was quick:

US President Donald Trump's adviser Roger Stone has been convicted on seven counts of lying to Congress, obstruction and witness tampering.
        The court heard he lied about his efforts to learn more about when WikiLeaks would publish damaging emails about Hillary Clinton in 2016.
        The jury returned its verdict on day two of deliberations in Washington DC.
        Witness tampering carries a sentence of up to 20 years in prison. The other counts can carry five years each.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Just for your info, afaict, those javelins are stored 1000 miles away from the battlefield, they are not being used per the U.S.
          Can you provide a cite, please? Because Yovanovitch was just asked about that, and she conceded that the Ukrainians have the javelins.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, Elsie Stevanik (R-NY) just did a masterful job taking Schiff to task for his partisan manipulation, with a followup by Jim Jordan.

It was interesting to see Schiff sit there staring straight ahead, blinking like a frog in a hailstorm. I don't think he likes people standing up to his abuse of power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, Elsie Stevanik (R-NY) just did a masterful job taking Schiff to task for his partisan manipulation, with a followup by Jim Jordan.

It was interesting to see Schiff sit there staring straight ahead, blinking like a frog in a hailstorm. I don't think he likes people standing up to his abuse of power.
              I believe they've butted heads on previous occasions.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Stewart: Do you have any information regarding the president of the United States accepting any bribes?

Yovanovitch: No.

Stewart: Do you any have information regarding any criminal activity that the president of the United States has been involved with at all?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...ent-hearing%2F
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Just for your info, afaict, those javelins are stored 1000 miles away from the battlefield, they are not being used per the U.S.
                  Yeah, Yovanovitch confirmed again that the javelins were delivered and deployed in April of 2018, under questioning by Will Hurd (R-TX).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Stewart: Do you have any information regarding the president of the United States accepting any bribes?

Stewart: Do you any have information regarding any criminal activity that the president of the United States has been involved with at all?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...ent-hearing%2F
                    That aligns with how neither Taylor or Kent could not name a single thing that Trump did that was impeachable when they were asked that directly.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      That aligns with how neither Taylor or Kent could not name a single thing that Trump did that was impeachable when they were asked that directly.
                      At this point, as so often happens in these hearings, both sides are simply pontificating and using the witness as an excuse to sound off. She frequently says "I have no knowledge of that" or "I suppose so" or expressing her own opinion about how things should have happened, but nothing damning.

John Ratcliffe (R-TX) is now honing in on the Hunter Biden situation, and how the Obama admin prepped her to answer those questions. (she didn't dispute that) He then asked about other corrupt Ukrainian companies she may have been prepped to speak to, and she couldn't name a single one. She's confirming that Biden had the prosecutor who was looking into Burisma fired just six hours after making the demand.

Now, Denny Heck is doing his own little "I'M ANGRY" drama show like one of his colleagues (Connecticut) did earlier.

Comment

Sounds like today is another bust. Mark Meadows offers the following observations:

If we want to get in to the actual substance of her testimony, this is a direct quote:

“I cannot bring any firsthand knowledge to... the July 25th phone call, the discussions surrounding the call, or any discussions surrounding the delay of security assistance.”

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/s...ent-hearing%2F

Then why is she testifying!

Also:

One thing to note:

Notice how, so far, the Democrats have been peppering the witness with questions asking her to speculate—about the President's motives, reasons, decisions, etc. There's a reason why they're doing this.

It's because the witness has no relevant information.

Are Democrats trying to make it easy for the Senate to immediately dismiss the case without even bothering with a trial?
                        No, they're just flinging poop.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Sounds like today is another bust. Mark Meadows offers the following observations:

If we want to get in to the actual substance of her testimony, this is a direct quote:

“I cannot bring any firsthand knowledge to... the July 25th phone call, the discussions surrounding the call, or any discussions surrounding the delay of security assistance.”

Then why is she testifying!

Also:

One thing to note:

Notice how, so far, the Democrats have been peppering the witness with questions asking her to speculate—about the President's motives, reasons, decisions, etc. There's a reason why they're doing this.

It's because the witness has no relevant information.

Are Democrats trying to make it easy for the Senate to immediately dismiss the case without even bothering with a trial?
                          This is their 2020 election strategy. They have no viable candidates that can beat Trump (the candidates at the top right now are proposing insane policies that wealthy and middle class Americans abhor), so if they can smear Trump as much as they can before the election and make it look politically official, maybe this will sway voters not to vote for Trump. Problem is, they didn't learn from 2017 that this has a tendency to backfire.

Comment

• So Trump, Putin and Mountain Man are all promoting the same conspiracy theory.

It is time for Theologyweb to go full dump-Trump mode, and let the righteous Christian voice be heard.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              So Trump, Putin and Mountain Man are all promoting the same conspiracy theory.

It is time for Theologyweb to go full dump-Trump mode, and let the righteous Christian voice be heard.
                              smiley whisper-secret.gifI understand that they all also accept heliocentrism so maybe it's time we dump that as well

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                ...and let the righteous Christian voice be heard.
                                Jesus is Lord - repent and be baptized.

Comment