Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Okay then, how's the coffee.
    Just brewed a fresh pot.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      CP - I'm trying very hard not to make this a big deal. I am not trying to provoke anything with you, and I'm not talking to you any differently than I would in person.
      So stop trying. Just treat me like a friend.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No - It's not MM. But that you do not/will not understand it's not the same goes to many of the difficulties we have communicating.
        The problem is that you're so vested in spinning the narrative, and you've been doing it for do long, that you don't even realize you're doing it any more.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          The problem is that you're so vested in spinning the narrative, and you've been doing it for do long, that you don't even realize you're doing it any more.
          MM - If any person acting as Trump is acting would evoke the same response from me as Trump does, then my focus is not Trump himself but what Trump is doing. You should be able to figure out the difference between that and 'being obsessed with Trump', but apparently you can't. I started to post something positive about Trump into the thread on him pardoning the military people, because I think that has the potential to be a good thing, but I don't know enough about their specific cases to know if what he did made sense or not.

What you fail to understand is that Trump is so off the rails on things that are significantly and dangerously negative, as I see it, it significantly outweighs any of the positive. But if that were the reverse, I would not be against him. It is not Trump, it is what Trump is doing and how he is doing it.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What you fail to understand is that Trump is so off the rails on things that are significantly and dangerously negative, as I see it, it significantly outweighs any of the positive.
            Right. As you "see it". That's exactly my point.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Right. As you "see it". That's exactly my point.
              your point MM, as usual when it concerns me, is wrong.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Had the Democrats gone about this in anything but a deranged "Get Trump at ALL COSTS" manner, it would be a whole different ballgame. The very fact that they have one of the most partisan anti-Trump liberals being both "judge" and "prosecutor" in the impeachment hearings suggests this, indeed, is pretty much a witch hunt.
                This goes back to the panel of Democratic consultants I saw on TV (Bloomberg IIRC) saying that if it hadn't been for Schiff and how he has conducted himself there probably would have been a couple of Republicans (especially among those retiring and who dislike Trump) who would likely have joined the Democrats with the impeachment inquiry vote.

Trump is indeed blessed by the caliber of his opponents.
                Last edited by rogue06; 11-18-2019, 01:44 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  This goes back to the panel of Democratic consultants I saw on TV (Bloomberg IIRC) saying that if it hadn't been for Schiff and how he has conducted himself there probably would have been a couple of Republicans (especially among those retiring and who dislike Trump) who would likely have joined the Democrats with the impeachment inquiry vote.

Trump is indeed blessed by the caliber of his opponents.
                  EGGzackly. If the Democrats were truly interested in "working the problem", they wouldn't have put their most rabid partisan in charge.

Comment

EGGzackly. If the Democrats were truly interested in "working the problem", they wouldn't have put their most rabid partisan in charge.
                    Wellll... Maybe second most when you include good ol' Mad Max[ine] Waters. IIRC she was calling for Trump to be impeached before he was even sworn in.

But yeah. It was a very deliberate move on Pelosi's part to allow Schiff's committee to be in charge of the investigation since that has never been part of the Intelligence Committee purview prior to this. You really have to wonder what was going through her head when she agreed to this. Did she want it to fail?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wellll... Maybe second most when you include good ol' Mad Max[ine] Waters. IIRC she was calling for Trump to be impeached before he was even sworn in.
                      Now THAT would qualify as a CIRCUS!

But yeah. It was a very deliberate move on Pelosi's part to allow Schiff's committee to be in charge of the investigation since that has never been part of the Intelligence Committee purview prior to this. You really have to wonder what was going through her head when she agreed to this. Did she want it to fail?
                      And to make him both "judge" AND "chief prosecutor" is an absolute abuse of power. It's enough to make one's eyes bug out!

schiff bug eyes.jpg

Comment

Now THAT would qualify as a CIRCUS!

And to make him both "judge" AND "chief prosecutor" is an absolute abuse of power. It's enough to make one's eyes bug out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40947[/ATTACH]
                        00000000000000ab000-00aaala.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40955[/ATTACH]
                          I think it's possible that, if Schiff weren't being such a jackass in this, Trump would be in much more trouble than he is.

Comment

I think it's possible that, if Schiff weren't being such a jackass in this, Trump would be in much more trouble than he is.
                            I agree with you. I also believe that had Trump been a tiny bit less of a jackass—if he hadn’t asked Comey for loyalty and Ukraine for a favor—he’d have tons more leverage as a politician. Those two things gave impeachment talk credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                              I agree with you. I also believe that had Trump been a tiny bit less of a jackass—if he hadn’t asked Comey for loyalty and Ukraine for a favor—he’d have tons more leverage as a politician. Those two things gave impeachment talk credibility.
                              I agree with you.

Comment

I agree with you.
                                There’s an often ignored subgroup of TDS sufferers who had faith in Trump to be a gentleman. I don’t necessarily feel or act deranged, but I do feel anger that he’s squandered so many opportunities.

Comment