Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whag View Post
    There’s an often ignored subgroup of TDS sufferers who had faith in Trump to be a gentleman. I don’t necessarily feel or act deranged, but I do feel anger that he’s squandered so many opportunities.
    Agreed, as some of us conservatives here on Tweb concede - Trump is his own worst enemy. If he'd just keep his mouth shut, and somebody would manage his Twitter account, I believe he would win reelection by a major landslide.

As it is, he seems to be absolutely determined to defeat himself.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Wellll... Maybe second most when you include good ol' Mad Max[ine] Waters. IIRC she was calling for Trump to be impeached before he was even sworn in.
      She's also the one that said that a lack of evidence just means we haven't looked hard enough to figure out what Trump is guilty.

But then you have other nut balls like Joe Biden saying, "They have facts, but we have truth," and Ocasio-Cortez saying, "It's better to be morally right than factually correct," and whoever it was that said that hearsay is superior to direct evidence, and I'm not sure there's any hope for the Democrat party.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I can tell you didn't read the article.

Also, the judge would be entitled to do no such thing, and in fact the judge showing undue preference for the prosecution would probably result in a mistrial.
        The compulsion part has to do with obtaining evidence by use of torture, historically.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

She's also the one that said that a lack of evidence just means we haven't looked hard enough to figure out what Trump is guilty.

But then you have other nut balls like Joe Biden saying, "They have facts, but we have truth," and Ocasio-Cortez saying, "It's better to be morally right than factually correct," and whoever it was that said that hearsay is superior to direct evidence, and I'm not sure there's any hope for the Democrat party.
          And, if they have the goods, why do they have to keep changing the 'charge', and consulting with focus groups on what to call this?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I think it's possible that, if Schiff weren't being such a jackass in this, Trump would be in much more trouble than he is.
            I can't see how. There's no evidence that Trump's actions towards Ukraine ever rose to the level of improper, and certainly not criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              The compulsion part has to do with obtaining evidence by use of torture, historically.
              No. Just no. THIS is the silly claim you made...

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              A judge would be entitled to remind a jury what the Fifth Amendment actually says - not compelled to be a witness against himself. It is simply a part of the fair trial doctrine, but it is also advertising the fact that the person pleading ‘the Fifth’ knows a secret that a prosecutor would like to know. I assume that a prosecutor would be free to launch an investigation into anyone who does so plead if they were not already subject to investigation.
              You're just wrong.

Comment

Agreed, as some of us conservatives here on Tweb concede - Trump is his own worst enemy. If he'd just keep his mouth shut, and somebody would manage his Twitter account, I believe he would win reelection by a major landslide.

As it is, he seems to be absolutely determined to defeat himself.
                Trump is a master at baiting his opponents, but he seems unable to resist bait himself.

Comment

I can't see how. There's no evidence that Trump's actions towards Ukraine ever rose to the level of improper, and certainly not criminal.
                  Because it's not about criminality -- it's about public perception. Impeachment, unfortunately, is entirely political, and this particular round is as partisan as it gets.

Comment

No. Just no. THIS is the silly claim you made...

You're just wrong.
                    Yes, yes, I have given up that line of arguement and concede defeat.
                    Was just reading up on the history of the right to remain silent.

I am now studying the art of constructive discussion.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

But then you have other nut balls like Joe Biden saying, "They have facts, but we have truth," and Ocasio-Cortez saying, "It's better to be morally right than factually correct," and whoever it was that Mike Quigley (D-IL) who said that hearsay is superior to direct evidence, and I'm not sure there's any hope for the Democrat party.
                      FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, yes, I have given up that line of arguement and concede defeat.
                        Conceding defeat is absolutely against the rules!
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        No, I mean that, Roy -- you know FAR more about this than I do - I'm conceding.
                        Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Oh. Ok.

Isn't that against TWeb rules?

Was just reading up on the history of the right to remain silent.
                        It's a two-edged sword - defense attorneys know full well that there may well be the PERCEPTION that "pleading the 5th" may make you look guilty, but it cannot be argued in court as proof or evidence of guilt.

I am now studying the art of constructive discussion.
                        HERE? On TWEB?!?!?!

Comment

There’s actually a lot of evidence it wasn’t proper. Many people besides the whistleblower, like John Bolton, have expressed that view. Whether it was criminal is legitimately debatable. Even Anthony Napolitano thinks so.

Comment

Because it's not about criminality -- it's about public perception. Impeachment, unfortunately, is entirely political, and this particular round is as partisan as it gets.
                            The articles of impeachment will explain all. Public understanding matters because it might reach a threshold, in terms of numbers, when Republicans will act honourably.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                              There’s actually a lot of evidence it wasn’t proper. Many people besides the whistleblower, like John Bolton, have expressed that view. Whether it was criminal is legitimately debatable. Even Anthony Napolitano thinks so.
                              It was dumb. Was it illegal? Is it actually impeachable?

And, at the risk of somebody screaming "aboutism", was it "wrong" when Biden did it? Why is it that Biden doing essentially the same thing cannot be considered?

Comment

The articles of impeachment will explain all.
                                That doesn't change the fact that this whole thing is incredibly political and partisan.

Public understanding matters because it might reach a threshold, in terms of numbers, when Republicans will act honourably.
                                "Honoroably", of course, meaning agreeing with the Democrats. Same as "bipartisan" and "compromising".

Comment