Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump’s best defense:
    He did an idiotic and stupid thing harmful to US interests, ought to be censured, not impeached.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
      As were the Republicans with Obama. Just as they had no case, Dems would have no case had it not been for Trump demanding loyalty of Comey then firing him. Trump then stepped in it again with his smearing of a reputable Ukrainian ambassador and subsequent shadow diplomacy headed by Guiliani.

Had Trump done none of that, there’d be no case for impeachment. Pelosi wasn’t gonna go ahead with it, but Trump had to be Trump and sabotage himself when he was almost in the clear.

John Kelly basically said the same thing, warning Trump he’d be impeached if he didn’t get honest advisement. I’m more inclined to believe a man who knew Trump than a Trump bootlicker like you.
      The "insurance policy" was planned out before Trump even won the election.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The "insurance policy" was planned out before Trump even won the election.
        You are undoubtedly the conspiracy theorist’s conspiracy theorist. You ‘signature’ should include a warning that reading Mountain Man could seriously damage your mental health.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          You are undoubtedly the conspiracy theorist’s conspiracy theorist. You ‘signature’ should include a warning that reading Mountain Man could seriously damage your mental health.
          It would make a great conspiracy theory except for one little problem: we have hard evidence to prove it.

House Judiciary Committee Republicans on Tuesday released hundreds of pages of transcripts from last year's closed-door interview with ex-FBI attorney Lisa Page, revealing new details about the bureau's controversial internal discussions regarding an “insurance policy” against then-candidate Donald Trump.

Among their texts was one concerning the so-called "insurance policy." During her interview with the Judiciary Committee in July 2018, Page was questioned at length about that text -- and essentially confirmed this referred to the Russia investigation while explaining that officials were proceeding with caution, concerned about the implications of the case while not wanting to go at "total breakneck speed" and risk burning sources as they presumed Trump wouldn't be elected anyway.

Further, she confirmed investigators only had a "paucity" of evidence at the start.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lis...ll-blown-probe

Sorry, I'm just not as good as you guys at coming up with loony theories that have no evidence behind them.

Maybe I need to spend more time reading Wikipedia and Facebook...

Comment

It would make a great conspiracy theory except for one little problem: we have hard evidence to prove it.

House Judiciary Committee Republicans on Tuesday released hundreds of pages of transcripts from last year's closed-door interview with ex-FBI attorney Lisa Page, revealing new details about the bureau's controversial internal discussions regarding an “insurance policy” against then-candidate Donald Trump.

Among their texts was one concerning the so-called "insurance policy." During her interview with the Judiciary Committee in July 2018, Page was questioned at length about that text -- and essentially confirmed this referred to the Russia investigation while explaining that officials were proceeding with caution, concerned about the implications of the case while not wanting to go at "total breakneck speed" and risk burning sources as they presumed Trump wouldn't be elected anyway.

Further, she confirmed investigators only had a "paucity" of evidence at the start.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lis...ll-blown-probe

Sorry, I'm just not as good as you guys at coming up with loony theories that have no evidence behind them.
            Your capacity for adopting conspiracy theories is legendary. BTW, I don't think you ever answered my question:

Did the US land two men on the moon in July 1969.

Interesting how you never answered that ...

Maybe I need to spend more time reading Wikipedia and Facebook...
            Nah - you do quite well reading what you read already.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Your capacity for adopting conspiracy theories is legendary.
              I don't think it's accurate to call something a "theory" in this context when it is demonstrably true.

So I'm curious, on what basis are you suggesting that the findings of the House Judiciary Committee and the testimony of Lisa Page are incorrect?
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-14-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I peek in on the hearings on occasion, and I always manage to catch Schiff doing his bug eyes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40824[/ATTACH]
                Typical republican/trumpster argument. If you can't beat them, demean them.

Comment

Did the US land two men on the moon in July 1969.
                  I think it's fair to presume that all people in this forum are not nuts. While I often disagree with Mountain Man, I think he deserves be treated with the same kind of respect you wish to be treated with.

Comment

Your capacity for adopting conspiracy theories is legendary.
                    I wonder what oxmixmudd would say about a post like this?

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    And again, failing to find a valid argument from the data, you resort to attacking the man.
                    Oh, right.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Typical republican/trumpster argument.
                      Still trying, eh?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was in a restaurant today where they had Rush Limbaugh on the radio (no, I didn't go in there for that purpose - who knew that a Mexican restaurant would have a "Rush Room") and Rush was playing a montage of all the talking heads regurgitating their assigned phrase "overwhelming evidence" "the evidence is overwhelming" "mountain of overwhelming evidence" "overhelming evidence", on and on and on.
                        Basic psychology is that repetition from multiple parties convinces, which is how all the people who listen to Fake News are still convinced that 'Trump is going down, this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' when any normal person has tuned this sort of nonsense out in disgust.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

"If your country does X for my country, then my country will do Y for your country" is not bribery but simply how international diplomacy has been done for as long as there have been nations.
                          I am certainly not a Trump hater. In fact I find him especially amusing as I can just imagine how apoplectic the liberal left gets at whatever he is saying or doing. I have also written down a list of why I like him and many of his policies. (It is quite long lol).

It is therefore very difficult to concede that after watching quite a bit of the impeachment hearing on the BBC News last night, I think the crux unfortunately is this: If your country does X, for ME, then my country will do Y for you/your country. Ouch! I wish very much this was not so. It is the X for ME that is problematic. It would be perfectly in order if it was X for my COUNTRY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post
                            It would be perfectly in order if it was X for my COUNTRY.
                            Exactly.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I peek in on the hearings on occasion, and I always manage to catch Schiff doing his bug eyes.
                              I noticed that too. And Jim Jordan talks like a machine gun. Even Jim Jordan doesn’t understand Jim Jordan. Luckily, he can be safely ignored.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post
                                I am certainly not a Trump hater. In fact I find him especially amusing as I can just imagine how apoplectic the liberal left gets at whatever he is saying or doing. I have also written down a list of why I like him and many of his policies. (It is quite long lol).

It is therefore very difficult to concede that after watching quite a bit of the impeachment hearing on the BBC News last night, I think the crux unfortunately is this: If your country does X, for ME, then my country will do Y for you/your country. Ouch! I wish very much this was not so. It is the X for ME that is problematic. It would be perfectly in order if it was X for my COUNTRY.
                                Not while Ukraine is engaged in fighting against Russia.

Comment