Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Apparently you can make it up.
    Yep, he's totally making it up.
    “At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus, and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez told Wolf Blitzer
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

2. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Apparently you can make it up.
    Actually, Jim, I didn't make it up at all...

“At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, um, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”
    Source

Here is the video of her actually saying it.

She kinda babbles on incoherently at points, but you'll see she said what I claimed.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

4. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sounds like today is another bust. Mark Meadows offers the following observations:

If we want to get in to the actual substance of her testimony, this is a direct quote:

“I cannot bring any firsthand knowledge to... the July 25th phone call, the discussions surrounding the call, or any discussions surrounding the delay of security assistance.”

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/s...ent-hearing%2F

Then why is she testifying!

Also:

One thing to note:

Notice how, so far, the Democrats have been peppering the witness with questions asking her to speculate—about the President's motives, reasons, decisions, etc. There's a reason why they're doing this.

It's because the witness has no relevant information.

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/s...ent-hearing%2F

Are Democrats trying to make it easy for the Senate to immediately dismiss the case without even bothering with a trial?
    Earlier this week on CBS This Morning, the network's chief Washington correspondent, Major Garrett along with law professor and legal analyst Jonathan Turley were warning the Democrats that they could "lose" the impeachment battle by relying on such "limited" evidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

6. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Actually, Jim, I didn't make it up at all...

“At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, um, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”
    Source

Here is the video of her actually saying it.

She kinda babbles on incoherently at points, but you'll see she said what I claimed.
    AOC really is the gift that just keeps on giving.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    AOC really is the gift that just keeps on giving.
    Like Trump, she is her own worst enemy.

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Like Trump, she is her own worst enemy.
    We are currently beset with a bunch of politicians like that: Trump, AOC, Giuliani, Hillary, Schiff...

12. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    We are currently beset with a bunch of politicians like that: Trump, AOC, Giuliani, Hillary, Schiff...
    Most famously and unambiguously communicated thusly....

met enemy.jpeg

14. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That was quick:

US President Donald Trump's adviser Roger Stone has been convicted on seven counts of lying to Congress, obstruction and witness tampering.
    The court heard he lied about his efforts to learn more about when WikiLeaks would publish damaging emails about Hillary Clinton in 2016.
    The jury returned its verdict on day two of deliberations in Washington DC.
    Witness tampering carries a sentence of up to 20 years in prison. The other counts can carry five years each.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just for your info, afaict, those javelins are stored 1000 miles away from the battlefield, they are not being used per the U.S.
    Can you provide a cite, please? Because Yovanovitch was just asked about that, and she conceded that the Ukrainians have the javelins.

17. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, Elsie Stevanik (R-NY) just did a masterful job taking Schiff to task for his partisan manipulation, with a followup by Jim Jordan.

It was interesting to see Schiff sit there staring straight ahead, blinking like a frog in a hailstorm. I don't think he likes people standing up to his abuse of power.

19. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.