Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His crimes concerning Ukraine are likely much worse than have been demonstrated so far. He and Barr might be looking at a firing squad before this is over.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      His crimes concerning Ukraine are likely much worse than have been demonstrated so far. He and Barr might be looking at a firing squad before this is over.
      I believe your first sentence is about as likely as your second sentence.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Mueller detailed 10 episodes of obstruction of justice. About 5 meet all the criteria required for indictment.
        From your list, Trump is due at least one raised eyebrow!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          Mueller detailed 10 episodes of obstruction of justice.
          Rather, Mueller detailed 10 episodes that could have possibly maybe been obstruction but for which he lacked the evidence (and apparently the professional and personal conviction) to recommend that Trump be indicted. Instead, he passed the buck to the Department of Justice who, after a thorough review of Mueller's findings, "concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Rather, Mueller detailed 10 episodes that could have possibly maybe been obstruction but for which he lacked the evidence (and apparently the professional and personal conviction) to recommend that Trump be indicted. Instead, he passed the buck to the Department of Justice who, after a thorough review of Mueller's findings, "concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
            And not all "obstruction" is illegal -- if you're attempting to expose my private life, and I sic my lawyers on you to "obstruct" your efforts, that's part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And not all "obstruction" is illegal -- if you're attempting to expose my private life, and I sic my lawyers on you to "obstruct" your efforts, that's part of the game.
              As I've said before, Trump's actions must necessarily be regarded as those of an innocent man trying to defend himself against false accusations.

Comment

Being an uncouth jackass

ETA: Are there couth jackasses?
                I figure a cough one would be one that does not need to use cuss words or gestures. This kind of person has mastered the art of agitating others with a smile on their face.
                sigpic

Comment

As I've said before, Trump's actions must necessarily be regarded as those of an innocent man trying to defend himself against false accusations.
                  The use of the word "must" is interesting since it only seems it must necessarily be regarded in that way if you aim for a particular conclusion.
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                    The use of the word "must" is interesting since it only seems it must necessarily be regarded in that way if you aim for a particular conclusion.
                    "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

"This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
                    -Robert Mueller

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
                    -The honorable William Barr, United Sates Attorney General

Comment

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

"This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
                      -Robert Mueller

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
                      -The honorable William Barr, United Sates Attorney General
                      "Earlier in the day, at the start of the judiciary committee hearing, its chairman, Jerry Nadler, asked if Mueller’s report exonerated Trump, as the president has frequently claimed. Mueller answered: “No.”

The report did not reach a conclusion on the question of obstruction of justice, he added, and “the president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed”." https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-trump-russia
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        "Earlier in the day, at the start of the judiciary committee hearing, its chairman, Jerry Nadler, asked if Mueller’s report exonerated Trump, as the president has frequently claimed. Mueller answered: “No.”
                        Both of the following statements can be true at the same time, Charles:

A) "This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
                        2) "This report does not exonerate Trump."

Interestingly enough, in the came cite you offered is this little gem...

Mueller’s testimony was not the game changer that some had hoped in the debate over whether to impeach Trump, currently supported by more than 90 House Democrats, including several 2020 presidential candidates.

Comment

Mueller’s testimony was not the game changer that some had hoped in the debate over whether to impeach Trump, currently supported by more than 90 House Democrats, including several 2020 presidential candidates.
                          And more from that same cite...

Later he sought to clarify his answer: “As we say in the report, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

Comment

True. I have never said otherwise nor does it change the point I had with regard to MM's statement.

Yes, that was on the "came cite". I don't quite see how that changes the point I had with regard to MM's statement. It basically shows that my source is a bit more balanced than many of the sources used on tweb. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              True. I have never said otherwise nor does it change the point I had with regard to MM's statement.

Yes, that was on the "came cite". I don't quite see how that changes the point I had with regard to MM's statement. It basically shows that my source is a bit more balanced than many of the sources used on tweb. Interesting.
                              Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                                Prosecutors can not exonerate. They either charge someone with a crime, or they don't. If they don't then no exoneration is needed. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Comment