Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    EGGzackly. So the Democrats have to significantly dumb it down in order to prosecute the Trump administration.
    Not the Trump administration, just Trump.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• So how are Democrats deciding what to charge Trump with? Is it a careful analysis of the law? A critical examination of the evidence? A case built on witness testimony?

Nah... they're using focus groups to determine what plays best with their base...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...achment-crime/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So how are Democrats deciding what to charge Trump with? Is it a careful analysis of the law? A critical examination of the evidence? A case built on witness testimony?

Nah... they're using focus groups to determine what plays best with their base...

Which reveals exactly what this is -- a political charade.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            Then why did Trump give tank killing offensive weapons like the Javelin to Ukraine that Obama refused to give? You think Putin liked that?
            Just for your info, afaict, those javelins are stored 1000 miles away from the battlefield, they are not being used per the U.S.

Comment

Pelosi's latest statements indicate that Trump is guilty til he proves he is innocent - that's what the witch hunt is all about.

"If [Trump] has anything that shows [his] innocence, than he should make that known."
              You have biaed comprehension problems, CP. Trump is blocking all first hand witnesses from appearing, and that, as i'm sure you know, is what Pelosi's response was answering to.
              And AOC claims the impeachment is all about unifying the Democrat Party. You can't make this stuff up!
              Apparently you can make it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                You have biaed comprehension problems, CP. Trump is blocking all first hand witnesses from appearing, and that, as i'm sure you know, is what Pelosi's response was answering to.
                The House has had ample opportunity to vote and make their inquiry official and give their subpoenas legal bite, but they refused.

Comment

The House has had ample opportunity to vote and make their inquiry official and give their subpoenas legal bite, but they refused.
                  They quickly folded like a house of cards withdrawing their subpoena when Charles Kupperman, who was subpoenaed, filed a lawsuit in federal court requesting a judge to rule on which one trumps the other in this case: a president's executive privilege or a Congressional subpoena.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So how are Democrats deciding what to charge Trump with? Is it a careful analysis of the law? A critical examination of the evidence? A case built on witness testimony?

I've been telling you for awhile (like HERE & HERE for instance) that they've been focus group testing their various impeachment strategies

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Sounds like today is another bust. Mark Meadows offers the following observations:

If we want to get in to the actual substance of her testimony, this is a direct quote:

“I cannot bring any firsthand knowledge to... the July 25th phone call, the discussions surrounding the call, or any discussions surrounding the delay of security assistance.”

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/s...ent-hearing%2F

Then why is she testifying!

Also:

One thing to note:

Notice how, so far, the Democrats have been peppering the witness with questions asking her to speculate—about the President's motives, reasons, decisions, etc. There's a reason why they're doing this.

It's because the witness has no relevant information.

Are Democrats trying to make it easy for the Senate to immediately dismiss the case without even bothering with a trial?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Yep, he's totally making it up.
                        “At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus, and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez told Wolf Blitzer
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Actually, Jim, I didn't make it up at all...

“At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, um, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”
                          Source

Here is the video of her actually saying it.

She kinda babbles on incoherently at points, but you'll see she said what I claimed.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sounds like today is another bust. Mark Meadows offers the following observations:

If we want to get in to the actual substance of her testimony, this is a direct quote:

“I cannot bring any firsthand knowledge to... the July 25th phone call, the discussions surrounding the call, or any discussions surrounding the delay of security assistance.”

Then why is she testifying!

Also:

One thing to note:

Notice how, so far, the Democrats have been peppering the witness with questions asking her to speculate—about the President's motives, reasons, decisions, etc. There's a reason why they're doing this.

It's because the witness has no relevant information.

Are Democrats trying to make it easy for the Senate to immediately dismiss the case without even bothering with a trial?
                            Earlier this week on CBS This Morning, the network's chief Washington correspondent, Major Garrett along with law professor and legal analyst Jonathan Turley were warning the Democrats that they could "lose" the impeachment battle by relying on such "limited" evidence.

Comment

Actually, Jim, I didn't make it up at all...

“At the end of the day, we have to be able to come together as a caucus and if it is this Ukrainian allegation that is what brings the caucus together, um, then I think we have to run with however we unify the House,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“We also need to move quite quickly because we’re talking about the potential compromise of the 2020 elections,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “And so this is not just about something that has occurred; this is about preventing a potentially disastrous outcome from occurring next year.”
                              Source

Here is the video of her actually saying it.

She kinda babbles on incoherently at points, but you'll see she said what I claimed.
                              AOC really is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                AOC really is the gift that just keeps on giving.
                                Like Trump, she is her own worst enemy.

Comment