Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Trump's crimes?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I see lots of assertions and things that are not crimes. Too bad being mean to people Starlight likes, isn’t a crime.
    Guess we've reached the "crimes aren't crimes" level of right-wing denialsm. Or is this a Nixonian, "if the President does it, it's not a crime" view?

Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Whatever you're smoking must be the really good stuff, Star.
    I've never smoked anything in my life.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Guess we've reached the "crimes aren't crimes" level of right-wing denialsm. Or is this a Nixonian, "if the President does it, it's not a crime" view?
    Also known as:

“Innocent till proven guilty.”

Crazy concept, that guilt shouldn’t automatically be assumed, isn’t it.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I tried one of my Uncle John's cigars once when I was about 8 or 9 years old -- nearly killed me, but cured me from ever wanting to smoke anything at all ever again.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

00000000000000ab000-00aaaff.jpg

smiley rimshot.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Mueller detailed 10 episodes of obstruction of justice. About 5 meet all the criteria required for indictment.

1. The President's Conduct Concerning the Investigation of Michael Flynn

Incoming National Security Adviser Flynn Discusses Sanctions on Russia with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak
    President-Elect Trump is Briefed on the Intelligence Community's Assessment of Russian Interference in the Election and Congress Opens Election-Interference Investigations
    Flynn Makes False Statements About his Communications with Kislyak to Incoming Administration Officials, the Media, and the FBI
    DOJ Officials Notify the White House About Their Concerns About Flynn
    McGahn has a Follow-Up Meeting About Flynn with Yates; President Trump has Dinner with FBI Director Comey
    The Media Raises Questions About the President's Delay in Terminating Flynn
    The President Attempts to Have K.T. McFarland Create a Witness Statement Denying that he Directed Flynn's Discussions with Kislyak

2. The President's Reaction to Public Confirmation of the FBI's Russia Investigation

Attorney General Sessions Recuses From the Russia Investigation
    FBI Director Comey Publicly Confirms the Existence of the Russia Investigation in Testimony Before HPSCI
    The President Asks Intelligence Community Leaders to Make Public Statements that he had No Connection to Russia
    The President Asks Comey to "Lift the Cloud" Created by the Russia Investigation

3. Events Leading Up To and Surrounding the Termination of FBI Director Comey

Comey Testifies Before the Senate Judiciary Committee and Declines to Answer Questions About Whether the President is Under Investigation
    The President Makes the Decision to Terminate Comey

4. The President's Efforts to Remove the Special Counsel

The Appointment of the Special Counsel and the President's Reaction
    The President Asserts that the Special Counsel has Conflicts of Interest
    The Press Reports that the President is Being Investigated for Obstruction of Justice and the President Directs the White House Counsel to Have the Special Counsel Removed

5. The President's Efforts to Curtail the Special Counsel's Investigation

The President Asks Corey Lewandowski to Deliver a Message to Sessions to Curtail the Special Counsel Investigation
    The President Follows Up with Lewandowski
    The President Publicly Criticizes Sessions in a New York Times Interview
    The President Orders Priebus to Demand Sessions's Resignation

6. The President's Efforts to Prevent Disclosure of Emails About the June 9, 2016 Meeting Between Russians and Senior Campaign Officials

The President Learns About the Existence of Emails Concerning the June 9, 2016 Trump Tower Meeting
    The President Directs Communications Staff Not to Publicly Disclose Information About the June 9 Meeting
    The President Directs Trump Jr.'s Response to Press Inquiries About the June 9 Meeting
    The Media Reports on the June 9, 2016 Meeting

7. The President's Further Efforts to Have the Attorney General Take Over the Investigation

The President Again Seeks to Have Sessions Reverse his Recusal
    Additional Efforts to Have Sessions Unrecuse or Direct Investigations Covered by his Recusal

8. The President Orders McGahn to Deny that the President Tried to Fire the Special Counsel

The Press Reports that the President Tried to Fire the Special Counsel
    The President Seeks to Have McGahn Dispute the Press Reports

9. The President's Conduct Towards Flynn, Manafort, [REDACTED DUE TO ONGOING MATTER]

Conduct Directed at Michael Flynn
    Conduct Directed at Paul Manafort
    Conduct Directed at [REDACTED]

10. The President's Conduct Involving Michael Cohen

Candidate Trump's Awareness of and Involvement in the Trump Tower Moscow Project
    Cohen Determines to Adhere to a "Party Line" Distancing Candidate Trump from Russia
    Cohen Submits False Statements to Congress Minimizing the Trump Tower Moscow Project in Accordance with the Party Line
    The President Sends Messages of Support to Cohen
    The President's Conduct After Cohen Began Cooperating with the Government.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    His crimes concerning Ukraine are likely much worse than have been demonstrated so far. He and Barr might be looking at a firing squad before this is over.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    His crimes concerning Ukraine are likely much worse than have been demonstrated so far. He and Barr might be looking at a firing squad before this is over.
    I believe your first sentence is about as likely as your second sentence.

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Mueller detailed 10 episodes of obstruction of justice. About 5 meet all the criteria required for indictment.
    From your list, Trump is due at least one raised eyebrow!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    Mueller detailed 10 episodes of obstruction of justice.
    Rather, Mueller detailed 10 episodes that could have possibly maybe been obstruction but for which he lacked the evidence (and apparently the professional and personal conviction) to recommend that Trump be indicted. Instead, he passed the buck to the Department of Justice who, after a thorough review of Mueller's findings, "concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

12. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Rather, Mueller detailed 10 episodes that could have possibly maybe been obstruction but for which he lacked the evidence (and apparently the professional and personal conviction) to recommend that Trump be indicted. Instead, he passed the buck to the Department of Justice who, after a thorough review of Mueller's findings, "concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
    And not all "obstruction" is illegal -- if you're attempting to expose my private life, and I sic my lawyers on you to "obstruct" your efforts, that's part of the game.

14. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.