Page 20 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Trump's crimes?

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    From NPR - not exactly a bastion of conservative conspiracies...

What To Know About The Ukrainian Company At The Heart Of Trump's Biden Allegations

"It's more about ethics. If the son of a top politician receives some payments from a company for whatever reason, there's always a conflict of interests," says Alexander Paraschiy, the head of research at Concorde Capital, an investment firm in Kyiv.

Hunter Biden was paid about $50,000 a month as a Burisma director, according to The Wall Street Journal.

"It usually is a good investment for any Ukrainian businessman to hire some reputable guy or the relative of a reputable guy. It definitely paid off for Mr. Zlochevsky," says Paraschiy.

Zlochevsky expanded Burisma at the same time when he was Ukraine's environment minister, whose duties included issuing drilling licenses. After the bloody revolution on Kyiv's streets five years ago, Zlochevsky — like disgraced President Viktor Yanukovych — fled Ukraine.

Amid the political turmoil in Kyiv, Russia annexed Crimea and fomented an armed insurgency in eastern Ukraine. But hopes were high that the new Ukrainian government would at least start uprooting endemic corruption.

Burisma faced a money-laundering investigation and questions over how it had obtained some of its licenses to drill for natural gas. In spring 2014, the company appointed Hunter Biden and a former Polish president, Aleksander Kwasniewski, to its board. Three years later, Burisma added Cofer Black, a former CIA official and foreign policy adviser to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, to the board.

"I believe the only reason Burisma and Zlochevsky were inviting people with such names was to whitewash their reputation and to present themselves as a company doing legitimate business in Ukraine," says Daria Kaleniuk, head of the nongovernmental Anti-Corruption Action Center in Kyiv.
    That Burisma wanted to whitewash it's corrupt reputation doesn't implicate Hunter Biden in any wrongdoing, and it certainly doesn't implicate Joe Biden. The fact is that the west, not only the U.S., but Europe, including the International Monetary Fund, wanted the Prosecutor, the corrupt Prosecutor General, in Ukraine, to be fired due to his corruption. Joe Biden was simply doing his Presidents bidding in the national security interests of the U.S. as well as in the best interests of Ukraine itself, in this legitimate type of quid pro quo and it was done openly and legitimately, not through secret back channels.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trying to get this thread back on topic...

Here's Fox News' Judge Napolitano's list of Trump's crimes:

• President Donald Trump has spent federal dollars not authorized by Congress.

• Separated families and incarcerated children at the Texas-Mexico border in defiance of a federal court order.

• Pulled 1,000 American troops out of Syria ignoring a commitment to allies and facilitated war against civilians there.

• Sent 2,000 American troops to Saudi Arabia without a congressional authorization or declaration of war.

• Criminally obstructed a Department of Justice investigation of himself, but escaped prosecution because of the intercession of an attorney general more loyal to him than to the Constitution.

• Violated the Emoluments Clause of the constitution, also calling the clause "phony" in violation of his constitutionally-mandated oath to faithfully uphold the Constitution.

Judge Napolitano has also said he thinks the Ukraine quid pro quo was "both criminal and impeachable behavior".

It is not clear to me why he thinks his third point (Pulling troops out of Syria leading to Turkish incursions) to be a crime, and I am not sure what law(s) or constitutional requirements it would break. But I agree with his other points.
    Last edited by Starlight; 11-14-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I just got back from buying War Bonds, so I'm good.
    Gerrymandering - when politicians choose their voters. In a democracy, its the other way about.

If you are with Trump, you are with Putin, and against Ukraine.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 11-15-2019 at 01:58 AM.
    I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability. ― Oscar Wilde
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ― Anne Lamott
    And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trumps defence will soon move to suggest that he is too stupid to commit a crime; the facts of the crime itself now being indisputable, says lawyer Andrew Torrez.
    I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability. ― Oscar Wilde
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ― Anne Lamott
    And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Trumps defence will soon move to suggest that he is too stupid to commit a crime
    Republicans have already floated that view to try to support Trump. Trump responded by angrily denying it on twitter and asserting he is totally smart enough to commit crimes.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Then why did Trump give tank killing offensive weapons like the Javelin to Ukraine that Obama refused to give? You think Putin liked that?

Experts and military officials agree that the Trump administrations decision to provide the Javelin, a shoulder-mounted precision missile system that can take out tanks and other armored vehicles, to Ukraine has been a significant contribution to the countrys security. And amid allegations that Trump might have held up military aid to Ukraine, news reports on Tuesday indicated that the U.S. State Department approved the sale of a further $39 million worth of Javelins. The move would add another 150 missiles to the 210 the United States sent last yearthe first sale of its kind to Kyiv.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/03...ed-in-ukraine/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Then why did Trump give tank killing offensive weapons like the Javelin to Ukraine that Obama refused to give? You think Putin liked that?
    President Trump has made a number of decisions that do not benefit Russia, yet we're supposed to believe that he's in Putin's back pocket.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    President Trump has made a number of decisions that do not benefit Russia, yet we're supposed to believe that he's in Putin's back pocket.
    No kidding, and if memory serves even the EU wouldn't give the Ukraine offensive weapons...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gerrymandering - when politicians choose their voters. In a democracy, its the other way about.

I'm against gerrymandering regardless of who does it. The rest of your post is just downright silly.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trumps defence will soon move to suggest that he is too stupid to commit a crime; the facts of the crime itself now being indisputable, says lawyer Andrew Torrez.
    Pelosi's latest statements indicate that Trump is guilty til he proves he is innocent - that's what the witch hunt is all about.

"If [Trump] has anything that shows [his] innocence, than he should make that known."

And AOC claims the impeachment is all about unifying the Democrat Party. You can't make this stuff up!
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.