Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Trump's crimes?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And not all "obstruction" is illegal -- if you're attempting to expose my private life, and I sic my lawyers on you to "obstruct" your efforts, that's part of the game.
    As I've said before, Trump's actions must necessarily be regarded as those of an innocent man trying to defend himself against false accusations.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Being an uncouth jackass

ETA: Are there couth jackasses?
    I figure a cough one would be one that does not need to use cuss words or gestures. This kind of person has mastered the art of agitating others with a smile on their face.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As I've said before, Trump's actions must necessarily be regarded as those of an innocent man trying to defend himself against false accusations.
    The use of the word "must" is interesting since it only seems it must necessarily be regarded in that way if you aim for a particular conclusion.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    The use of the word "must" is interesting since it only seems it must necessarily be regarded in that way if you aim for a particular conclusion.
    "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

"This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
    -Robert Mueller

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
    -The honorable William Barr, United Sates Attorney General

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

"This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
    -Robert Mueller

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."
    -The honorable William Barr, United Sates Attorney General
    "Earlier in the day, at the start of the judiciary committee hearing, its chairman, Jerry Nadler, asked if Mueller’s report exonerated Trump, as the president has frequently claimed. Mueller answered: “No.”

The report did not reach a conclusion on the question of obstruction of justice, he added, and “the president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed”." https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-trump-russia
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    "Earlier in the day, at the start of the judiciary committee hearing, its chairman, Jerry Nadler, asked if Mueller’s report exonerated Trump, as the president has frequently claimed. Mueller answered: “No.”
    Both of the following statements can be true at the same time, Charles:

A) "This report does not conclude that the President committed a crime."
    2) "This report does not exonerate Trump."

Interestingly enough, in the came cite you offered is this little gem...

Mueller’s testimony was not the game changer that some had hoped in the debate over whether to impeach Trump, currently supported by more than 90 House Democrats, including several 2020 presidential candidates.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Mueller’s testimony was not the game changer that some had hoped in the debate over whether to impeach Trump, currently supported by more than 90 House Democrats, including several 2020 presidential candidates.
    And more from that same cite...

Later he sought to clarify his answer: “As we say in the report, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

True. I have never said otherwise nor does it change the point I had with regard to MM's statement.

Yes, that was on the "came cite". I don't quite see how that changes the point I had with regard to MM's statement. It basically shows that my source is a bit more balanced than many of the sources used on tweb. Interesting.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    True. I have never said otherwise nor does it change the point I had with regard to MM's statement.

Yes, that was on the "came cite". I don't quite see how that changes the point I had with regard to MM's statement. It basically shows that my source is a bit more balanced than many of the sources used on tweb. Interesting.
    Of course.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Prosecutors can not exonerate. They either charge someone with a crime, or they don't. If they don't then no exoneration is needed. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.