Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's really amazing is how Putin managed to fool Trump into selling those sniper rifles, rocket launchers and Javelin anti-tank missiles* to Kiev to kill Putin's own soldiers and tanks. Brilliant!
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...ukraine-072324

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yes, not only Putins puppet in the White House, but the entire republican party now is helping to spread Putin's conspiracy propaganda concerning crowdstrike and Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections and their constituents are eating it up. Putin can't hardly believe, i'm sure, his partnership with Trump and their scheme to undermine democracy has worked so well.

You should write that up and submit it to The Onion!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

What's really amazing is how Putin managed to fool Trump into selling those sniper rifles, rocket launchers and Javelin anti-tank missiles* to Kiev to kill Putin's own soldiers and tanks. Brilliant!
        No, getting caught holding up the congressianally appropriated military aid in exchange for personal benefit is what pressured Trump to allow the sale of those Javelins to go through. Trump was going to force Zelensky to publicly announce an investigation into Joe Biden before letting that aid go through, but, he got caught, and there is no assurance that Trump would have let the aid go through had Zelensky done his bidding either.

*remember the Javelin anti-tank missiles that you thought were 1,000 miles from the battlefield

Ukraine Now Has America's Javelin Missile and Russia Isn't Happy
        Theona Hill herself was originally against the javelins during the Obama administration noting that the Ukrainian rag tag army was not trained in their use. But, Obama didn't withhold, for personal benefit, or for any other reason, appropriated military aid to Ukraine. I'm sure you can't see, or understand, the difference between the two situations, but I'll tell you, Trumps actions were illegal and unconstitutional, bribery, extortion, an abuse of power, Obamas action was not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          No, getting caught holding up the congressianally appropriated military aid in exchange for personal benefit is what pressured Trump to allow the sale of those Javelins to go through. Trump was going to force Zelensky to publicly announce an investigation into Joe Biden before letting that aid go through, but, he got caught, and there is no assurance that Trump would have let the aid go through had Zelensky done his bidding either.

Theona Hill herself was originally against the javelins during the Obama administration noting that the Ukrainian rag tag army was not trained in their use. But, Obama didn't withhold, for personal benefit, or for any other reason, appropriated military aid to Ukraine. I'm sure you can't see, or understand, the difference between the two situations, but I'll tell you, Trumps actions were illegal and unconstitutional, bribery, extortion, an abuse of power, Obamas action was not.
          Interesting that the Dems tried all that in their impeachment farce, and somehow persuaded the public to be more against impeachment than they were before the hearings. Especially Independents like me.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

You should write that up and submit it to The Onion!
            It might be understood this way: In this information war, you have to choose between party or country. The Republican Party is a user of Russian disinformation although they want it only for domestic politics. Their greed for power unwittingly helps Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
              It might be understood this way: In this information war, you have to choose between party or country. The Republican Party is a user of Russian disinformation although they want it only for domestic politics. Their greed for power unwittingly helps Russia.
              You're starting to sound like the paranoid general in Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangeglove" who was convinced thst Russia was behind water fluoridation in order to contaminate our precious bodily fluids.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Interesting that the Dems tried all that in their impeachment farce, and somehow persuaded the public to be more against impeachment than they were before the hearings. Especially Independents like me.
                The evidence against Trump is easily enough to convict him. Disinformation and politics will see to it that he escapes justice. In the United States, despite the optimistic rhetoric, the POTUS (as long as he is a white Christian) is above the law; he can control the levers of power to protect him from the law.
                Last edited by firstfloor; 11-24-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Michael Bloomberg throws his hat into the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    Michael Bloomberg throws his hat into the ring.
                    And it's a very small hat.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And it's a very small hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Michael Bloomberg throws his hat into the ring.
                        I'll drink to that!

megagulp.jpg
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          The evidence against Trump is easily enough to convict him....
                          Yet, the more the Dems try to display this "evidence", the more the public opts to oppose impeachment. Funny, that.

Comment

Well, we all know what your position was as a psuedo independent before the impeachment hearings even began. But regardless of what your Public statistics might say, extortion is extortion, and bribery is bribery, and if you were actually listening to the witnesses instead of listening to the spin then even you'd be able to recognize those facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              You're starting to sound like the paranoid general in Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangeglove" who was convinced thst Russia was behind water fluoridation in order to contaminate our precious bodily fluids.
                              Ah yes; the wonderful villain Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper. My favourite is General Buck Turgidson. One of the best movies ever.

Given now the choice between country or party, you choose party, I choose country. To me, my fellow countrymen are not my enemies.

Comment

Yet, the more the Dems try to display this "evidence", the more the public opts to oppose impeachment. Funny, that.

Comment