Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That would be a shame as IMHBAO Congress has ceded too much power to the Presidency over the last few decades.
    Right, it would be a shame, more like a trajedy, so stop aiding and abetting the wannabe dictator or there will be no stoping him or any other future president from doing whatever they want, Constitution be damned.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Duh, Poroshenko himself recognized that Biden didn't even have such authority, and Biden agreed with that saying it was the Presidents demand, not his own, and then told them to call him, meaning call Obama. Besides, you're not helping the President here, you're admitting that while the military aid was being withheld, Trump was asking for a foreign investigation into his political rival.
      We know for a fact that Burisma contacted the Obama administration to get Shokin off their backs because Hunter was the son of the vice president (source). This was during a time when Shokin was actively closing in on the Burisma higher ups with his sites set on the board of directors and Hunter Biden. At the very least, Joe should have recused himself because of the obvious conflict of interest. That he didn't, and that he was the one personally extorting the Ukrainian government is something that should be looked into, wouldn't you agree? If you have trouble coming up with an answer, just imagine their last names were "Trump" and see what you think.

As for the rest of your post, Joe doesn't get legal immunity just because he happens to be in the running for his party's nomination. I don't now who came up with that ridiculous idea, but it needs to be kicked to the curb.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        We know for a fact that Burisma contacted the Obama administration to get Shokin off their backs because Hunter was the son of the vice president (source). This was during a time when Shokin was actively closing in on the Burisma higher ups with his sites set on the board of directors and Hunter Biden. At the very least, Joe should have recused himself because of the obvious conflict of interest. That he didn't, and that he was the one personally extorting the Ukrainian government is something that should be looked into, wouldn't you agree? If you have trouble coming up with an answer, just imagine their last names were "Trump" and see what you come up with.

As for the rest of your post, Joe doesn't get legal immunity just because he happens to be in the running for his party's nomination. I don't now who came up with that ridiculous idea, but it needs to be kicked to the curb.
        Not surprised, I knew it, your source is the political hack (John Solomon) masquerading as a journalist. Hey dumbell, did Biden demand that Ukraine stop investigating Burisma, or his son? No, he didn't, he demanded they fire the corrupt Prosecutor General Shokin. Stop being a useful idiot for Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I'm just not totally absolutely absorbed with Trump like you are, Jim.

As I've said before, I trust the Lord to work this all out.
          No CP. You are actively supporting him in nearly every reply you make. Your replies to those concerned about Trump are uniformly critical and demeaning. Your replies to those defending trump, even the truly indefensible, are uniformly supportive and agreeable. You represent no sort of middle ground here. You do in fact fall in place with the most vocal supporters of pro- Trump propaganda in this civics forum.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-01-2019, 07:16 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            No CP. You are actively supporting him in nearkyvevery reply you make. Your replies to those concerned about Trump are uniformly critical and demeaning. Your replies to those defending trump, even the truly indefensible, are uniformly supportive and agreeable. You represent no sort of middle ground here. You do in fact fall in place with the most vocal supporters of pro- Trump propaganda in this civics forum.
            That's what I keep pointing out to him, and though he keeps doing it, he at the same time continues to deny it. I don't know if he's trying to fool me, or if he has actually fooled himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              That's what I keep pointing out to him, and though he keeps doing it, he at the same time continues to deny it. I don't know if he's trying to fool me, or if he has actually fooled himself.
              I know him to be a good person, so the latter is the most likely, probably the only likely answer.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No CP. You are actively supporting him in nearly every reply you make. Your replies to those concerned about Trump are uniformly critical and demeaning. Your replies to those defending trump, even the truly indefensible, are uniformly supportive and agreeable. You represent no sort of middle ground here. You do in fact fall in place with the most vocal supporters of pro- Trump propaganda in this civics forum.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• 'Political rival'...
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I know him to be a good person, so the latter is the most likely, probably the only likely answer.
                    It can't possibly be you, Jim. It HAS to be every other Christian on this board, while pretty much all the anti-Christian bigots pat you on the back. But, yeah, I know.... it's cause you have integrity and we don't.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      We know for a fact that Burisma contacted the Obama administration to get Shokin off their backs because Hunter was the son of the vice president (source). This was during a time when Shokin was actively closing in on the Burisma higher ups with his sites set on the board of directors and Hunter Biden. At the very least, Joe should have recused himself because of the obvious conflict of interest. That he didn't, and that he was the one personally extorting the Ukrainian government is something that should be looked into, wouldn't you agree? If you have trouble coming up with an answer, just imagine their last names were "Trump" and see what you think.

The email in your source shows communication requesting a meeting to 'discuss U/S Novelli's remarks alleging Burisma of corruption' it goes on to state '...would like to talk with U/S Novelli about getting a better understanding of how the U.S. came to the determination that the company is corrupt'. Does that somehow imply Shokin should be fired because Hunter is the VPs son?

I don't imagine anyone would be interested in protecting the Bidens if they had acted as you suggest and if something seems suspicious then it should be looked in to. The problem with this scenario, as I see it, is that even if that happened to be Joe's motivation for threatening to withhold the aid, it doesn't invalidate the fact that there were very real and legitimate reasons for doing so.

Do you believe Shokin deserved to be fired?

Notable facts:

Biden made that threat in December 2015.
                      IMF threatens to withhold $40 billion in bailout program due to corruption concerns Feb 2016.
                      Zlochevsky assets seized in Feb 2016.
                      Shokin is fired March 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        It can't possibly be you, Jim. It HAS to be every other Christian on this board, while pretty much all the anti-Christian bigots pat you on the back. But, yeah, I know.... it's cause you have integrity and we don't.
                        CP, this is nothing but a dodge. Stop trying to deflect from the topic and deal with its content. I'm not making any specific point about whether you are right or wrong to do what you do. Nor am I comparing you to me in any moral sense.

I'm talking specifically about how you post relative to Trump propaganda and relative to those that oppose Trump's agenda and actions. You can either face that reality or not.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-01-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Far better to have spoken out against an evil that ultimately is defeated than to have remained silent about an evil that effects truly great destruction through the silence of those capable of recognizing it.

Comment

Far better to have spoken out against an evil that ultimately is defeated than to have remained silent about an evil that effects truly great destruction through the silence of those capable of recognizing it.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              The email in your source shows communication requesting a meeting to 'discuss U/S Novelli's remarks alleging Burisma of corruption' it goes on to state '...would like to talk with U/S Novelli about getting a better understanding of how the U.S. came to the determination that the company is corrupt'. Does that somehow imply Shokin should be fired because Hunter is the VPs son?

I don't imagine anyone would be interested in protecting the Bidens if they had acted as you suggest and if something seems suspicious then it should be looked in to. The problem with this scenario, as I see it, is that even if that happened to be Joe's motivation for threatening to withhold the aid, it doesn't invalidate the fact that there were very real and legitimate reasons for doing so.

Do you believe Shokin deserved to be fired?

Notable facts:

Biden made that threat in December 2015.
                              IMF threatens to withhold $40 billion in bailout program due to corruption concerns Feb 2016.
                              Zlochevsky assets seized in Feb 2016.
                              Shokin is fired March 2016.
                              I think it's pretty naive to assume that because Biden hasn't been investigated, it therefore concludes his innocence. In fact, that's really naive. I wouldn't expect it to be investigated by someone who has an affinity to the Democratic party since every faucet of government (and as we've found out recently, this even includes the intelligence community) is pretty much entrenched in partisan tribalism. But it is being investigated now by Graham, and hopefully if the impeachment goes to the senate, it will be further looked into. And according to Solomon's sources -- the "Russian asset political rightwing hack" -- Biden's request for Shokin's ousting would have presumably occurred sometime between Victoria Nuland's demand that he be removed on March 15 and Biden's call to Poroshenko on March 22.

Also, no one seems to know how the law pertains to a VP extorting another country with tax funds, even if it was for good intentions.

Comment

• Mock all you like pix. Trump has been, is, and will be a blight on the ideals of our nation. The road he has paved, if not destroyed, if not backtracked and blocked off, is the road to the elimination of the separation of powers, the elimination of the checks and balances so central to our survival as a nation, and ultimately the elimination of our freedom. And it is a very sad day indeed when intelligent, well educated people such as yourself are so obsessed by partisan concerns they are blind to what is happening.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-01-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment