Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

USA TODAY brought this interesting article today: Emails show White House advisor Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

WASHINGTON – Stephen Miller, a senior White House policy adviser, pushed white-nationalist material to staffers at Breitbart, a right-wing conservative website, through 2015 and leading up to the 2016 election, according to a report published by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    More than 900 emails between Miller and Breitbart were examined by SPLC’s Hatewatch and revealed “more than 80 percent” of the emails “relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration.”
    Katie McHugh, the former Breitbart editor who leaked the emails to the SPLC, said, "What Stephen Miller sent to me in those emails has become policy at the Trump administration." McHugh has since renounced her former far-right views after being fired from the site in 2017 for anti-Muslim tweets.
    Miller also touted a French novel that warns of a migrant invasion titled “The Camp of Saints,” a book popular among white nationalists and neo-Nazis.
    Hatewatch additionally highlights how Miller was angry at retailers who had stopped selling Confederate flags following the Charleston church shooting when white supremacist Dylann Roof slaughtered nine African-Americans in 2015.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Translation:
    Originally posted by Charles
    The Jew is a Nazi
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

What interesting articles you like to post, Charles. Forgive me for taking the word of a far-left site buttressed by someone with an axe to grind and far-left politicians with a gigantic dollop of salt. Given the SPLC labels evangelicals "hate groups", not sure why them applying the label "white nationalist" should be taken seriously. Maybe you can help me out here.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        What interesting articles you like to post, Charles. Forgive me for taking the word of a far-left site buttressed by someone with an axe to grind and far-left politicians with a gigantic dollop of salt. Given the SPLC labels evangelicals "hate groups", not sure why them applying the label "white nationalist" should be taken seriously. Maybe you can help me out here.
        The SLPC has become a joke. They now list anyone that disagrees with their far left stances as a "hate group." This is why both the FBI and military have cut ties with them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Genetic fallacy. Try again.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Fix the article's massive use of the same first, champ.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"White nationalism" has become as nebulous and meaningless as the term "hate speech" by the left. Whenever I hear either term nowadays, my eyes just glaze over.

Comment

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ist-ideas.html

Source: above

In one example, in 2015, as Hurricane Patricia struck Mexico, McHugh asked Miller in an email, “This being the worst hurricane ever recorded, what are the chances it wreaks destruction on Mexico and drives a mass migration to the U.S. border?”

Miller replied: “100 percent. And they will all get [temporary protected status]. And all the ones here will get TPS too. That needs to be the weekend’s BIG story. TPS is everything.” Miller then sent a link from the white supremacist site VDARE, which pushes the “white genocide” theory contending that nonwhite people are trying to eliminate or overtake the white population. As the SPLC points out, the Trump administration denied temporary protected status to Bahamians fleeing Hurricane Dorian earlier this year.

© Copyright Original Source

Based on the content of the emails, he very much seems to have influence on breitbart and the administration, and he very much also tends to get ideas and materiel from WS and NN websites.

The only thing that would make this not a valid and serious problem is if the emails themselves were shown to be fabricated. If they are real, he should not have influence in our government.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  SPLC.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    "White nationalism" has become as nebulous and meaningless as the term "hate speech" by the left. Whenever I hear either term nowadays, my eyes just glaze over.
                    But it's such an egalitarian phrase! Any one of any race can be a white nationalist!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, to bring this back on topic.... are these released emails where Miller makes reference to various white nationalist websites and book real or not? If they're real and he did actually send them then it's pretty cut & dry, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                        So, to bring this back on topic.... are these released emails where Miller makes reference to various white nationalist websites and book real or not? If they're real and he did actually send them then it's pretty cut & dry, surely?
                        Not sure, but the source appears to be a former breitbart editor that - when fired for anti-Islamic comments - seems to have changed alliances and is thus outing Miller.

There will be many claims she has a vendetta - which doesn't really matter unless the content is faked. Just have to wait and see how legit they are.

If they are the bona-fide real deal, then yeah, it's pretty cut & dry.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ist-ideas.html

Source: above

In one example, in 2015, as Hurricane Patricia struck Mexico, McHugh asked Miller in an email, “This being the worst hurricane ever recorded, what are the chances it wreaks destruction on Mexico and drives a mass migration to the U.S. border?”

Miller replied: “100 percent. And they will all get [temporary protected status]. And all the ones here will get TPS too. That needs to be the weekend’s BIG story. TPS is everything.” Miller then sent a link from the white supremacist site VDARE, which pushes the “white genocide” theory contending that nonwhite people are trying to eliminate or overtake the white population. As the SPLC points out, the Trump administration denied temporary protected status to Bahamians fleeing Hurricane Dorian earlier this year.

© Copyright Original Source

Based on the content of the emails, he very much seems to have influence on breitbart and the administration, and he very much also tends to get ideas and materiel from WS and NN websites.

The only thing that would make this not a valid and serious problem is if the emails themselves were shown to be fabricated. If they are real, he should not have influence in our government.

sigpic

Comment

No fair stealing Chuck's lines!
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              No fair stealing Chuck's lines!
                              That is ok. It is, however, not easy to see in what way and to which part OBP thinks it applies. I do not feel too certain he understands what he is saying, since large part of what he comments on cannot possibly be a genetic fallacy.

Comment