Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

USA TODAY brought this interesting article today: Emails show White House advisor Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

WASHINGTON – Stephen Miller, a senior White House policy adviser, pushed white-nationalist material to staffers at Breitbart, a right-wing conservative website, through 2015 and leading up to the 2016 election, according to a report published by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    More than 900 emails between Miller and Breitbart were examined by SPLC’s Hatewatch and revealed “more than 80 percent” of the emails “relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration.”
    Katie McHugh, the former Breitbart editor who leaked the emails to the SPLC, said, "What Stephen Miller sent to me in those emails has become policy at the Trump administration." McHugh has since renounced her former far-right views after being fired from the site in 2017 for anti-Muslim tweets.
    Miller also touted a French novel that warns of a migrant invasion titled “The Camp of Saints,” a book popular among white nationalists and neo-Nazis.
    Hatewatch additionally highlights how Miller was angry at retailers who had stopped selling Confederate flags following the Charleston church shooting when white supremacist Dylann Roof slaughtered nine African-Americans in 2015.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Translation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles
    The Jew is a Nazi
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What interesting articles you like to post, Charles. Forgive me for taking the word of a far-left site buttressed by someone with an axe to grind and far-left politicians with a gigantic dollop of salt. Given the SPLC labels evangelicals "hate groups", not sure why them applying the label "white nationalist" should be taken seriously. Maybe you can help me out here.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    What interesting articles you like to post, Charles. Forgive me for taking the word of a far-left site buttressed by someone with an axe to grind and far-left politicians with a gigantic dollop of salt. Given the SPLC labels evangelicals "hate groups", not sure why them applying the label "white nationalist" should be taken seriously. Maybe you can help me out here.
    The SLPC has become a joke. They now list anyone that disagrees with their far left stances as a "hate group." This is why both the FBI and military have cut ties with them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

7. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Genetic fallacy. Try again.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Genetic fallacy. Try again.
    Fix the article's massive use of the same first, champ.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

10. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "White nationalism" has become as nebulous and meaningless as the term "hate speech" by the left. Whenever I hear either term nowadays, my eyes just glaze over.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ist-ideas.html

Source: above

In one example, in 2015, as Hurricane Patricia struck Mexico, McHugh asked Miller in an email, “This being the worst hurricane ever recorded, what are the chances it wreaks destruction on Mexico and drives a mass migration to the U.S. border?”

Miller replied: “100 percent. And they will all get [temporary protected status]. And all the ones here will get TPS too. That needs to be the weekend’s BIG story. TPS is everything.” Miller then sent a link from the white supremacist site VDARE, which pushes the “white genocide” theory contending that nonwhite people are trying to eliminate or overtake the white population. As the SPLC points out, the Trump administration denied temporary protected status to Bahamians fleeing Hurricane Dorian earlier this year.

© Copyright Original Source

Based on the content of the emails, he very much seems to have influence on breitbart and the administration, and he very much also tends to get ideas and materiel from WS and NN websites.

The only thing that would make this not a valid and serious problem is if the emails themselves were shown to be fabricated. If they are real, he should not have influence in our government.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    SPLC.

15. Amen seanD, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    "White nationalism" has become as nebulous and meaningless as the term "hate speech" by the left. Whenever I hear either term nowadays, my eyes just glaze over.
    But it's such an egalitarian phrase! Any one of any race can be a white nationalist!