Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, to bring this back on topic.... are these released emails where Miller makes reference to various white nationalist websites and book real or not? If they're real and he did actually send them then it's pretty cut & dry, surely?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    So, to bring this back on topic.... are these released emails where Miller makes reference to various white nationalist websites and book real or not? If they're real and he did actually send them then it's pretty cut & dry, surely?
    Not sure, but the source appears to be a former breitbart editor that - when fired for anti-Islamic comments - seems to have changed alliances and is thus outing Miller.

There will be many claims she has a vendetta - which doesn't really matter unless the content is faked. Just have to wait and see how legit they are.

If they are the bona-fide real deal, then yeah, it's pretty cut & dry.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ist-ideas.html

Source: above

In one example, in 2015, as Hurricane Patricia struck Mexico, McHugh asked Miller in an email, “This being the worst hurricane ever recorded, what are the chances it wreaks destruction on Mexico and drives a mass migration to the U.S. border?”

Miller replied: “100 percent. And they will all get [temporary protected status]. And all the ones here will get TPS too. That needs to be the weekend’s BIG story. TPS is everything.” Miller then sent a link from the white supremacist site VDARE, which pushes the “white genocide” theory contending that nonwhite people are trying to eliminate or overtake the white population. As the SPLC points out, the Trump administration denied temporary protected status to Bahamians fleeing Hurricane Dorian earlier this year.

© Copyright Original Source

Based on the content of the emails, he very much seems to have influence on breitbart and the administration, and he very much also tends to get ideas and materiel from WS and NN websites.

The only thing that would make this not a valid and serious problem is if the emails themselves were shown to be fabricated. If they are real, he should not have influence in our government.
    Genetic fallacy. Try again.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    No fair stealing Chuck's lines!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No fair stealing Chuck's lines!
    That is ok. It is, however, not easy to see in what way and to which part OBP thinks it applies. I do not feel too certain he understands what he is saying, since large part of what he comments on cannot possibly be a genetic fallacy.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I don't think so OBP. Pulling data and ideas from White Supremacists websites is never a good thing. Unless you are frequenting those sites to understand and combat their goals, you are there for the wrong reasons. And taking and using their propaganda to construct real policy in the US, that is ALWAYS a very, very bad thing. And this is not a one time thing OBP.

The genetic fallacy simply doesn't apply. Or would you classify the destruction of Mengele's notes as an application of 'the genetic fallacy'? Some sources are so bad one must not legitimize them in any way.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    It's cut and dry that 'the Jew is a Nazi'?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    It's cut and dry that 'the Jew is a Nazi'?
    ? Hitler was of Jewish descent. What does him being Jewish have to do with anything?

It is cut and dry that he needs to be removed if he is pulling policy and/or pushing policy based on content he reads on white supremacist websites. It doesn't matter what his genetic makeup is.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    That is ok. It is, however, not easy to see in what way and to which part OBP thinks it applies. I do not feel too certain he understands what he is saying, since large part of what he comments on cannot possibly be a genetic fallacy.
    I am sorry that you seem to be unable to follow my thought processes. "X is white nationalist because he cites articles from a white nationalist site" seems to be a rather cut and dried example of the genetic fallacy, emotive arguments to the contrary notwithstanding.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ? Hitler was of Jewish descent. What does him being Jewish have to do with anything?
    Hitler was mostly white and claimed to be white, with obvious self-hatred for the partial Jewish heritage. What is being claimed here is a lifelong avowed Jew is a white supremacist, which beggars belief.

It is cut and dry that he needs to be removed if he is pulling policy and/or pushing policy based on content he reads on white supremacist websites
    Not if SPLC are the idiots defining what 'white supremacy' is.

Weren't you supposed to be a conservative? Why do you parrot every unsubstantiated anonymous claims NYT and CNN make about Trump, why do you trust the SPLC? Truly you are deranged.

Or are you one of those fake moderates like carped and Juvenal?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.