Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump issues at least two pardons to service members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I suggest you stop whining about people being non-civil in their discussions with you, CP.
    A) Stating the obvious is not whining, Jim.
    2) I had hopes that you could actually be civil - and you were, very briefly.
    C) I never had even an ounce of hope that Charles could be anything other than a nanny - it's what he does.

But, by all means, feel free to defend him at every turn.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Actually, I don't believe you deserve any serious response when all you do us run around the board nannying conservatives. You're a stooge, Charles. A clown. I don't take you seriously at all.
      You missed the chance to adress the point once again. And there was an ad hominem
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        You missed the chance to adress the point once again.
        I never miss what I aim at.

And there was an ad hominem
        Tissue?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I never miss what I aim at.
          And in this case you did not try to adress the point because attacking the person seemed more convincing to you?

Tissue?
          I have no problem when you clearly demonstrate that you cannot attack my points and then attack my person instead. It makes it rather obvious that you are in serious problems defending your claim.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

And in this case you did not try to adress the point because attacking the person seemed more convincing to you?

I have no problem when you clearly demonstrate that you cannot attack my points and then attack my person instead. It makes it rather obvious that you are in serious problems defending your claim.
            When you raise a valid point, he'll address it. Troll harder, champ.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Charles, I simply don't have any respect for you. You're a clown - and an incredibly hypocritical one, at that. You NEVER nanny your liberal buddies --- you're only here to conservatives.

Show me one single post where you jumped on JimL, for example, for his calling people dummies, morons, idiots...

Then you try to make every post about you.

How bout making some substantial on topic point some day, eh? How bout, at least, trying to be an equal opportunity nanny?

Comment

It is worth paying with the price of our souls? In this post you have found it ok to use chemical weapons, you have supported your lack of limits pointing to how God told to kill children and the like. You are talking in favour of the lack of principle and decency and thus moving in the completely wrong direction and heading towards exactly what you claim to be against. And you even say it is worth paying with the price of our souls.... I have greater respect for those who actually find that principles worth living for are also worth dying.
                I'm not sure what you mean by paying the price with our souls. Would you rather be dead or let the world and your loved ones be consumed with darkness and lose all freedoms? And yes, if it came to using chemical weapons or losing a war with Communists or Jihadists, especially if they are using them, I would have no problem. When the Germans started using Mustard gas the Allies did too, rather than lose the war. I don't think we lost our souls then. Whatever that means... And Charles, I am sticking by my principles, I think there are certain freedoms worth fighting for.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Obama pardons enemies of the US and you get upset when Trump pardons patriots! Twisted...
                  Trump will never be able to do anything that liberals will consider good. He could cure cancer, and they would call him evil for putting hardworking doctors and researchers out of business.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    War is necessary sometimes but we should resist the temptations to be completely given over to our base nature in the process.
                    Yes.

The rules of war are meant to limit war to it's necessary purpose - to defend against those that would destroy us and take what we have.
                    No, they're a gentleman's agreement from another era of fighting that only occasionally intersects with what is moral.
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Yes.

No, they're a gentleman's agreement from another era of fighting that only occasionally intersects with what is moral.
                      I disagree as I have already stated. Your arguments are arguments for utter devastation and amoral behavior with no limits during war. It is sad you are willing to embrace that concept, but I will not.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        It is sad you are willing to embrace that concept
                        I have not said that, you sanctimonious, dishonest hack. Only a fool thinks that a gentleman's agreement calling itself international 'law', about how to wage total war, has anything to do with morality except occasionally and accidentally.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          I'm not sure what you mean by paying the price with our souls. Would you rather be dead or let the world and your loved ones be consumed with darkness and lose all freedoms? And yes, if it came to using chemical weapons or losing a war with Communists or Jihadists, especially if they are using them, I would have no problem. When the Germans started using Mustard gas the Allies did too, rather than lose the war. I don't think we lost our souls then. Whatever that means... And Charles, I am sticking by my principles, I think there are certain freedoms worth fighting for.
                          Yes, you are sticking by your principles of pointing to a God who commanded people to kill children. And you are sticking to the principle that if others don't follow principles, then you don't do either. That is a very low standard and sticking to that is nothing to be proud of.

While I could fear that personally I would do all kinds of wrongs when pushed to extremes that in no way makes it right. And in no way makes it anything to excuse beforehand or promote as being good. I think it is far more worthy to die than to compromise my integrity killing many people including very many innocent people using chemical weapons. I would rather have my loved ones living without me, than having my children living with a father who had no problem killing other children, using chemical weapons, giving up everything he believed in, everything he taught them to stay alive. I have values that are worth living and dying for. Whether I would have the power when pushed to the extremes makes no difference to my view on what is right and wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                            It used to be considered "ungentlemanly" to kill officers on the field of battle because it was feared that the common fighting men would cause undue violence if not restrained by a superior.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It used to be considered "ungentlemanly" to kill officers on the field of battle because it was feared that the common fighting men would cause undue violence if not restrained by a superior.
                              A quote I once saw hanging up in a base command post:

“Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear considerable watching.” - US army officer's guide 1894

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Yes, you are sticking by your principles of pointing to a God who commanded people to kill children. And you are sticking to the principle that if others don't follow principles, then you don't do either. That is a very low standard and sticking to that is nothing to be proud of.
                                Charles, that is just daft! The point about God's commands is that at times we will run into men who so wicked that they need to be destroyed. The means are immaterial. It doesn't matter much to the dead if they were killed by gas or a daisy cutter (BLU-82)....

While I could fear that personally I would do all kinds of wrongs when pushed to extremes that in no way makes it right. And in no way makes it anything to excuse beforehand or promote as being good. I think it is far more worthy to die than to compromise my integrity killing many people including very many innocent people using chemical weapons. I would rather have my loved ones living without me, than having my children living with a father who had no problem killing other children, using chemical weapons, giving up everything he believed in, everything he taught them to stay alive. I have values that are worth living and dying for. Whether I would have the power when pushed to the extremes makes no difference to my view on what is right and wrong.
                                I mean really Charles are you suggesting that if China or Russia started nuking the US that we should not respond with nukes? You can now resume polishing your halo...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment