Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump issues at least two pardons to service members

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    At the cost of our souls, sadly. Not a price worth paying.
    Do you even think we possess souls or is it nothing more than a word to you that can be employed in an attempt to score rhetorical points?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    It does seem a ridiculous posture. "We're going to kill you to take over you/defend ourselves, but we need to be gentlemen about it." But it helps the more conscientious soldiers live with themselves after the fighting.

Clearly the military was being unreasonably hamstrung by rules of engagement under Obama, and Trump is doing what he can to reverse some of the damage.
    Not really. War is necessary sometimes but we should resist the temptations to be completely given over to our base nature in the process. The excesses of war are well documented. Rape. Pillaging, rampant, senseless hatred and killing with no purpose other than to feed the carnal nature. The rules of war are meant to limit war to it's necessary purpose - to defend against those that would destroy us and take what we have.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-19-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Do you even think we possess souls or is it nothing more than a word to you that can be employed in an attempt to score rhetorical points?
    I find it strange how anyone can challenge the idea we possess souls. Talking about "rhetorical points" in this discussion is rather low.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Think of a world dominated by the Stalinists, Maoists, Nazis or radical Muslims. Yes it is a price worth paying...
    It is worth paying with the price of our souls? In this post you have found it ok to use chemical weapons, you have supported your lack of limits pointing to how God told to kill children and the like. You are talking in favour of the lack of principle and decency and thus moving in the completely wrong direction and heading towards exactly what you claim to be against. And you even say it is worth paying with the price of our souls.... I have greater respect for those who actually find that principles worth living for are also worth dying.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Anyone else here think that if it had been a Democrat president who pardoned them that little jimmy and shuny would be leading the praises for his compassion and sense of justice?
    That's what it boils down to -- Orange Man Bad!
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

7. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's what it boils down to -- Orange Man Bad!
    Based on your favorite assumptions on how others would have behaved in a different situation, yes. Based on actual facts, no.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Based on your favorite assumptions on how others would have behaved in a different situation, yes. Based on actual facts, no.
    You are particularly nannyish this morning, Charles. Ate your Wheaties?

(yeah, I know... ad hom)

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are particularly nannyish this morning, Charles. Ate your Wheaties?

(yeah, I know... ad hom)
    So, you could not adress that point that your statement was based on assumptions only. Thanks for making it that obvious.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, you could not adress that point that your statement was based on assumptions only. Thanks for making it that obvious.
    Actually, I don't believe you deserve any serious response when all you do us run around the board nannying conservatives. You're a stooge, Charles. A clown. I don't take you seriously at all.

12. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Actually, I don't believe you deserve any serious response when all you do us run around the board nannying conservatives. You're a stooge, Charles. A clown. I don't take you seriously at all.
    I suggest you stop whining about people being non-civil in their discussions with you, CP.