Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump issues at least two pardons to service members

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Trump couldn't care less one way or the other, he's trying to deflect from his impeachment.
    While you seethe in your hatred of Trump and use this as a cheap attack, the families of the soldiers who actually served are extremely grateful, and thanked him profusely.

DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . convicted of serious crimes by military courts.
    So what? Practically speaking, no different from a Presidential pardon of any conviction, no matter how serious, in civilian Federal courts.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    If so, he's doing the Dems a favor. Now there are allegations against another witness.
    Linky?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    While you seethe in your hatred of Trump and use this as a cheap attack, the families of the soldiers who actually served are extremely grateful, and thanked him profusely.

Of course the family members are grateful, what a silly argument for a pardon. They are convicted murderers, pardoned only because they are military, for political reasons. That's how Trump operates.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, do you know the backgrounds and details? You're surely aware that, even in civilian criminal courts, people are often wrongly convicted?
    Yes, I know the details, and yes the trials were carried out with due process and accepted military legal procedures. I believe he should let the military system of justice be accepted and follow the legal course based on the Uniform Code of Military Justice in the military.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeareís Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

7. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Of course the family members are grateful, what a silly argument for a pardon. They are convicted murderers, pardoned only because they are military, for political reasons. That's how Trump operates.
    For someone who thinks that allowing second and third hand gossip hearsay as valid evidence I probably shouldn't be surprised that prohibiting exculpatory evidence at the trial is okay as well. And as for "They are convicted murderers" I guess you missed that Gallagher was acquitted on the murder charge.

Oops.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Linky?
    Let me track down the original source.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Linky?
    Okay, I've just read a few things indicating that Yovanovitch got nailed by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) over her testimony that the issue of "Burisma or Hunter Biden" was never brought up to her by "the previous administration"

It appears that in an earlier sworn deposition she had testified that during her prepping for her Congressional confirmation hearing that the Obama State Department coached her not just on her answers concerning Burisma and corruption in general but specifically about Hunter Biden and Burisma.

Yovanovitch conceded that she had indeed testified that this was the case directly contradicting her statement that "neither [Joe Biden] nor the previous administration ever raised the issue of either Burisma or Hunter Biden with me."

12. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Yes, I know the details,
    Please forgive me if I find this doubtful.

and yes the trials were carried out with due process and accepted military legal procedures.
    It is not at all unusual that "due process" is carried out, and on appeal, a civilian trial has totally different results. Same can happen in military trials.

I believe he should let the military system of justice be accepted and follow the legal course based on the Uniform Code of Military Justice in the military.
    Trump, as CinC, is the ultimate authority over the UCMJ.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Okay, I've just read a few things indicating that Yovanovitch got nailed by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) over her testimony that the issue of "Burisma or Hunter Biden" was never brought up to her by "the previous administration"

It appears that in an earlier sworn deposition she had testified that during her prepping for her Congressional confirmation hearing that the Obama State Department coached her not just on her answers concerning Burisma and corruption in general but specifically about Hunter Biden and Burisma.

Yovanovitch conceded that she had indeed testified that this was the case directly contradicting her statement that "neither [Joe Biden] nor the previous administration ever raised the issue of either Burisma or Hunter Biden with me."
    Yep, that was it (one of them). Sorry, I had a second hand link but not the primary - and my afternoon was already spoken for.