Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump dismisses Mike Pence aide as 'Never Trumper'

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump dismisses Mike Pence aide as 'Never Trumper'

President Donald Trump fired off a tweet Sunday attacking another witness in the impeachment inquiry being conducted against him, dismissing an aide to Vice President Mike Pence as a "Never Trumper."
    [...]Jennifer Williams, a foreign policy adviser to Pence[...]
    The call is a key aspect in the whistleblower complaint that alleged Trump was withholding military aid to Ukraine for political benefit.

In her testimony, Williams said the call "struck me as unusual and inappropriate."
    "Tell Jennifer Williams, whoever that is, to read BOTH transcripts of the presidential calls, & see the just released ststement from Ukraine," Trump tweeted on Sunday. "Then she should meet with the other Never Trumpers, who I don’t know & mostly never even heard of, & work out a better presidential attack!"
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...er/4224257002/
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump is such a jackass.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

3. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He's not necessarily wrong. She testified that the July 25th phonecall "for me shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold" despite her lack of firsthand knowledge as to what those motivations might be.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He's not necessarily wrong. She testified that the July 25th phonecall "for me shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold" despite her lack of firsthand knowledge as to what those motivations might be.
    Yeah - he is necessarily wrong here. As he has been with his denigration of almost all the state department personnel testimonies. The problem MM is that you simply do not understand or will not let yourself understand that what Trump has done here is really, really wrong. And not only that, he was not particularly savvy about hiding it. And so it has created the justified concern of a large number of people that know what is the correct way to handle these things and what is the wrong way to handle these things. And Trump not only just hasn't followed protocol, he has at the very least created the appearance he has violated the most basic moral requirements of his responsibility as POTUS not to use his office for personal gain. And that will force any person of conscience committed to the constitution and the rule of law to testify as to what they saw and observed. All a person needs to have to be motivated to testify on this Ukraine scandal mess is a working conscience and enough knowledge about what was happening to legitimately believe something was amiss.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-18-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is what she actually said:

"I guess for me it shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold." So, you conveniently left out the "I guess". Combining "I guess" with "for me" and "possible" makes it rather obvious that it is not a very strong claim from someone claiming certain knowledge. But then again it is convenient to leave out certain parts to make all the pieces fit when Trump calls a Mike Pence aide a "Never Trumper".

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...ith_letter.pdf
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    All a person needs to have to be motivated to testify on this Ukraine scandal mess is a working conscience and enough knowledge about what was happening to legitimately believe something was amiss.
    The problem is that nobody who has been called on testify can claim "enough knowledge" about anything relevant to the accusations being leveled at the President.

8. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The problem is that nobody who has been called on testify can claim "enough knowledge" about anything relevant to the accusations being leveled at the President.
    On that you would be wrong.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On that you would be wrong.
    No, I'm not. It's why House Democrats are testing their case in front of a focus groups instead of in the Senate. Legally, Trump is totally in the clear, and they know it, but their goal is to use impeachment to sway voters.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I'm not. It's why House Democrats are testing their case in front of a focus groups instead of in the Senate. Legally, Trump is totally in the clear, and they know it, but their goal is to use impeachment to sway voters.
    I just love how much you enjoy thinking trump can get away with his 'jackassery' as CP puts it. It just says so much about you MM. So much.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I just love how much you enjoy thinking trump can get away with his 'jackassery' as CP puts it. It just says so much about you MM. So much.
    And if jackassery were, indeed, an impeachable offense, my "defense" of Trump would collapse in a smoking hole in the ground.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified