Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump dismisses Mike Pence aide as 'Never Trumper'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump dismisses Mike Pence aide as 'Never Trumper'

President Donald Trump fired off a tweet Sunday attacking another witness in the impeachment inquiry being conducted against him, dismissing an aide to Vice President Mike Pence as a "Never Trumper."
    [...]Jennifer Williams, a foreign policy adviser to Pence[...]
    The call is a key aspect in the whistleblower complaint that alleged Trump was withholding military aid to Ukraine for political benefit.

In her testimony, Williams said the call "struck me as unusual and inappropriate."
    "Tell Jennifer Williams, whoever that is, to read BOTH transcripts of the presidential calls, & see the just released ststement from Ukraine," Trump tweeted on Sunday. "Then she should meet with the other Never Trumpers, who I don’t know & mostly never even heard of, & work out a better presidential attack!"
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...er/4224257002/
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Trump is such a jackass.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's not necessarily wrong. She testified that the July 25th phonecall "for me shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold" despite her lack of firsthand knowledge as to what those motivations might be.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        He's not necessarily wrong. She testified that the July 25th phonecall "for me shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold" despite her lack of firsthand knowledge as to what those motivations might be.
        Yeah - he is necessarily wrong here. As he has been with his denigration of almost all the state department personnel testimonies. The problem MM is that you simply do not understand or will not let yourself understand that what Trump has done here is really, really wrong. And not only that, he was not particularly savvy about hiding it. And so it has created the justified concern of a large number of people that know what is the correct way to handle these things and what is the wrong way to handle these things. And Trump not only just hasn't followed protocol, he has at the very least created the appearance he has violated the most basic moral requirements of his responsibility as POTUS not to use his office for personal gain. And that will force any person of conscience committed to the constitution and the rule of law to testify as to what they saw and observed. All a person needs to have to be motivated to testify on this Ukraine scandal mess is a working conscience and enough knowledge about what was happening to legitimately believe something was amiss.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-18-2019, 11:24 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Here is what she actually said:

"I guess for me it shed some light on possible other motivations behind a security assistance hold." So, you conveniently left out the "I guess". Combining "I guess" with "for me" and "possible" makes it rather obvious that it is not a very strong claim from someone claiming certain knowledge. But then again it is convenient to leave out certain parts to make all the pieces fit when Trump calls a Mike Pence aide a "Never Trumper".

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...ith_letter.pdf
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            All a person needs to have to be motivated to testify on this Ukraine scandal mess is a working conscience and enough knowledge about what was happening to legitimately believe something was amiss.
            The problem is that nobody who has been called on testify can claim "enough knowledge" about anything relevant to the accusations being leveled at the President.

Comment

The problem is that nobody who has been called on testify can claim "enough knowledge" about anything relevant to the accusations being leveled at the President.
              On that you would be wrong.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, I'm not. It's why House Democrats are testing their case in front of a focus groups instead of in the Senate. Legally, Trump is totally in the clear, and they know it, but their goal is to use impeachment to sway voters.

Comment

No, I'm not. It's why House Democrats are testing their case in front of a focus groups instead of in the Senate. Legally, Trump is totally in the clear, and they know it, but their goal is to use impeachment to sway voters.
                  I just love how much you enjoy thinking trump can get away with his 'jackassery' as CP puts it. It just says so much about you MM. So much.

Comment

I just love how much you enjoy thinking trump can get away with his 'jackassery' as CP puts it. It just says so much about you MM. So much.
                    And if jackassery were, indeed, an impeachable offense, my "defense" of Trump would collapse in a smoking hole in the ground.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

To date we have had all three of Schiff's star witnesses admit that they have no first hand knowledge of anything, that all they are doing is repeating gossip that they heard from others. While you may be willing to discard over 200 years of jurisprudence and turn our entire legal system on its head just to get Trump, I'll be willing to bet you are in a decided minority.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        To date we have had all three of Schiff's star witnesses admit that they have no first hand knowledge of anything, that all they are doing is repeating gossip that they heard from others. While you may be willing to discard over 200 years of jurisprudence and turn our entire legal system on its head just to get Trump, I'll be willing to bet you are in a decided minority.
                        This just isn't true rogue, it is spin. For example, the testimony of David Holmes yesterday. This isn't Gossip. He overheard a phone conversation from Trump where he specifically asked about the investigations, and he heard Sondland's summary of what Trump cared about with Ukraine - the investigations. Now Sondland will I am sure be asked about why that was his summary of Trump's interest in Ukraine. But this all goes to why Trump withheld the aid from Ukraine. If he did it because he wanted dirt on Biden, it was wrong, illegal. If there is hard evidence there was some other reason, then it was not clearly wrong or illegal. And the evidence for WHY he did it is found in these conversations that are being discussed.

How else do you determine Motive rogue except from the first hand witnesses of CONVERSATIONS about the topic? You can infer motive from inconsistencies in action, but it is their own words that coupled with the actions take the conclusion of motive to 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

The GOP strategy of calling all overheard conversations hearsay is a farce. Overheard conversations are in fact eyewitness testimony for certain sorts of information. And in this case, the determination of motive would be one of those cases, and that is critical to determining whether or not what Trump did was illegal.

hearsay: information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

So If I hear a conversation, and someone wants to know the content of the conversation I heard, then I am an EYEWITNESS as to what the content of the conversation was.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-19-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

This just isn't true rogue, it is spin. For example, the testimony of David Holmes yesterday. This isn't Gossip. He overheard a phone conversation from Trump where he specifically asked about the investigations, and he heard Sondland's summary of what Trump cared about with Ukraine - the investigations.
                          I posted this in another thread:

Some interesting new details about David Holmes, one of the people at the Ukrainian restaurant who supposedly overheard Sondland talking with Trump...

He admits they were drinking at the time; that he didn't hear the entire phonecall; that while he has detailed notes about other portions of the call and emailed the details to a colleague, he has no record of direct quotes from President Trump or about the relevant portion of the call where Trump supposedly showed an undue interest in having Biden investigated; and he is strongly biased against President Trump.

Furthermore, he says that he doesn't remember who he spoke with about the call or what he told them, but he did admit to sharing some details with six of his friends while on vacation.

Frankly, this guy sounds like a serious security risk. "Loose lips sink ships" and all that.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...nt-take-notes/

Comment

I posted this in another thread:
                            If the testimony is unfavorable, smear the person testifying.

Comment

If the testimony is unfavorable, smear the person testifying hail it as irrefutable truth no matter how dubious the source or evidence may be.
                              FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment