Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chick-fil-A Caves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick-fil-A Caves...

Just sad...

Chick-fil-A says it will no longer donate to 'anti-LGBTQ' charities — like the Salvation Army or the Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Chick-fil-A will stop donating to organizations and charities that people consider to be "anti-LGBTQ," according to an exclusive report by Bisnow.

Chick-fil-A will no longer make donations to charities with non-diverse views on human sexuality, the report states, "after years of bad press and protests from the LGBT community." Incidents, such as a variety of airports denying Chick-fil-A of prime real estate and mass protests against the restaurant chain, have been at the forefront of many Chick-fil-A headlines in recent years.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/chick-...der-anti-lgbtq
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The problem with bending the knee is that you will receive no mercy for doing so. In fact, not only will the resistance now probably get even worse, but you'll lose the respect of your political support base.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      The problem with bending the knee is that you will receive no mercy for doing so. In fact, not only will the resistance now probably get even worse, but you'll lose the respect of your political support base.
      And why is the Salvation Army anti-LGBTQ? They don't care who you are they help everybody, I worked with them in the past.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        And why is the Salvation Army anti-LGBTQ? They don't care who you are they help everybody, I worked with them in the past.
        They have "salvation" in the name which means they're Chrstian + to the political left = anti-LGBTO.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Yep... the liberals will smell blood in the water and work even harder to drive them out of business.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It looks like there were various "pro-LGBT" laws they opposed, but the various examples I saw were all from over a decade ago.

Comment

I doubt they would allow an LGBT person to serve on ministerial staff. But you are right. They will help anyone. So it's not that they reject LBGT people in need, it's that they agree with the traditional Christian moral sense that homosexual actions are wrong.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Yep... the liberals will smell blood in the water and work even harder to drive them out of business.
                What? Why would liberals want to drive them out of business you, goof? Seriously, you're a crazy person.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  What? Why would liberals want to drive them out of business you, goof? Seriously, you're a crazy person.
                  Yeah, they would NEVER try to do anything stupid like ban Chick-Fil-A from operating in an airport. That'd be crazy wacko!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Yeah, they would NEVER try to do anything stupid like ban Chick-Fil-A from operating in an airport. That'd be crazy wacko!
                    Exactly. And if the company heads think that liberals will suddenly love them now that they've balked at their convictions, I think they will find that they are sorely mistaken.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Why is it the world's business who anybody makes donations to?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Why is it the world's business who anybody makes donations to?
                        It's a classic example of the left's hypocrisy where "freedom of speech" is a sacred tenet - unless you don't agree with them. Then you must be punished.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It's a classic example of the left's hypocrisy where "freedom of speech" is a sacred tenet - unless you don't agree with them. Then you must be punished.
                          Well, I know that, but I certainly wouldn't have known who CFA donated to unless they blab it. It's nobody's business, and I think they've just shot themselves in the foot by doing so.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Well, I know that, but I certainly wouldn't have known who CFA donated to unless they blab it. It's nobody's business, and I think they've just shot themselves in the foot by doing so.
                            Yeah, it's like they finally got over all the negative publicity, then they stir the pot themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Yep...

GLAAD

@glaad
                              “If Chick-Fil-A is serious about their pledge to stop holding hands with divisive anti-LGBTQ activists, then further transparency is needed regarding their deep ties to organizations like Focus on the Family, which exist purely to harm LGBTQ people and families" @AndersonDrew https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1196472011297558528

https://www.theblaze.com/news/chick-...o-even-further

Comment