Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chick-fil-A Caves...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'll be in the minority here but I don't think Chick Fil A had any moral obligation to continue donating in the same manner (or donating to anybody at all, for that matter). Mike Huckabee was the person who rallied the troops several years ago, not the CEO or anybody actually affiliated with the company, so I don't think the company obligated themselves to continue such donations indefinitely. I think people are feeling awfully entitled, especially given that companies having leeway to do what they want with their money is generally a conservative principle.

Practically speaking, I suspect part of the reason for the change is because of reports coming out that the donations were going to groups that support the death penalty for homosexuality in Uganda. The charge is technically inaccurate (as no donations to any such groups have occurred in years), but it spread like wildfire, so I get it being a potential PR nightmare.
    I don't think I've seen anyone frame it as a moral obligation.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

2. Amen Teallaura, seanD, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I never ate at Cick-Fil-A before (once while I was waiting on my glasses to finish getting made in the mall) so now I still won't eat there. Just not a big fan of their food and I try to avoid fast food joints in general.
    I rarely stp at a fast food place but when my mother was in the hospital getting chemotherapy Chick-fil-A would open up a both the floor below and I'd pick up a sandwich. And during the first big protest against them I made a point of stopping there in support. But now...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I don't think I've seen anyone frame it as a moral obligation.
    Calling it a betrayal certainly seems to frame it in that direction.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records show that Chick-fil-A is not only stopping donations to Christian organizations but is funding left-wing extremist groups, including the anti-Christian Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ty-law-center/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That says they donated back in 2017.