Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A Caves...

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why is it the world's business who anybody makes donations to?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    It's a classic example of the left's hypocrisy where "freedom of speech" is a sacred tenet - unless you don't agree with them. Then you must be punished.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

3. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's a classic example of the left's hypocrisy where "freedom of speech" is a sacred tenet - unless you don't agree with them. Then you must be punished.
    Well, I know that, but I certainly wouldn't have known who CFA donated to unless they blab it. It's nobody's business, and I think they've just shot themselves in the foot by doing so.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, I know that, but I certainly wouldn't have known who CFA donated to unless they blab it. It's nobody's business, and I think they've just shot themselves in the foot by doing so.
    Yeah, it's like they finally got over all the negative publicity, then they stir the pot themselves.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

6. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yep... the liberals will smell blood in the water and work even harder to drive them out of business.
    Yep...

GLAAD

@glaad
    “If Chick-Fil-A is serious about their pledge to stop holding hands with divisive anti-LGBTQ activists, then further transparency is needed regarding their deep ties to organizations like Focus on the Family, which exist purely to harm LGBTQ people and families" @AndersonDrew https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1196472011297558528

https://www.theblaze.com/news/chick-...o-even-further
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    The problem with bending the knee is that you will receive no mercy for doing so.
    Yes, never apologise or in any way back down to people who call you racist, Nazi, bigot etc.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, I have often wondered about that too when Christians on tweb want to know who I make donations to. Not their business.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

12. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Yeah, I have often wondered about that too when Christians on tweb want to know who I make donations to. Not their business.
    You probably get asked that when you accuse us of not supporting pregnant women, etc.

You know, if we don't support abortions then we obviously do nothing to help pregnant women with their pregnancies, etc.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because if someone is making donations to a group you disagree with, that's a plausible reason to not want to give them money that can end up donated to those groups.

Sort of like how when people object to their tax money going to things they don't like.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Because if someone is making donations to a group you disagree with, that's a plausible reason to not want to give them money that can end up donated to those groups.

Sort of like how when people object to their tax money going to things they don't like.
    I get that, because I just went through a situation where I decided to stop supporting an organization. NOT because of who that organization donates to but the ideology of that organization. If people don't want to support, say, the SA because they allegedly don't help certain groups of people (which I believe is patently false) then stop supporting them. You don't have to announce it to the world. Nobody would know that CFA donates to SA if they hadn't announced it to the world. Did you know they did that before this news story broke?

If people don't want to buy from CFA because of their ideology, then they don't have to. They don't have to announce it to the world.