Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A Caves...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    They don't want to shut them down
    Not yet - first, they don't want them to start up at all, as in the airport examples I gave.

] they want them to stop discriminating against them.
    They want who to stop discriminating against who?

Jim, if you walked into a Chick-Fil-A, they'd even sell YOU a sandwich. CFA is not discriminating against anybody.

That's not crazy wacko, it's standing up for their rights.
    You really don't understand the situation at all.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And yet you support restaurants telling conservatives to leave.
    Duh! No I don't.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Not yet - first, they don't want them to start up at all, as in the airport examples I gave.

They want who to stop discriminating against who?

Jim, if you walked into a Chick-Fil-A, they'd even sell YOU a sandwich. CFA is not discriminating against anybody.

You really don't understand the situation at all.
    Yeah, actually I do understand the situation, but you apparently do not. It's not that they won't serve people, of course they will, they're not going to ask for your stance on LGBT rights when you order, but they, as an organization fight to limit those rights rather than minding to the business they are in. If they want to play that way, then they should expect the fight to come back to them. They don't like that part, and perhaps have learned their lesson.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I never ate at Cick-Fil-A before (once while I was waiting on my glasses to finish getting made in the mall) so now I still won't eat there. Just not a big fan of their food and I try to avoid fast food joints in general.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, actually I do understand the situation, but you apparently do not.
    You only understand the situation as presented to you by liberal talking points, Jim.[/QUOTE]

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ... they, as an organization fight to limit those rights ....
    I doubledogdare you to provide a cite. Come on, Jim, you can do it!

7. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll be in the minority here but I don't think Chick Fil A had any moral obligation to continue donating in the same manner (or donating to anybody at all, for that matter). Mike Huckabee was the person who rallied the troops several years ago, not the CEO or anybody actually affiliated with the company, so I don't think the company obligated themselves to continue such donations indefinitely. I think people are feeling awfully entitled, especially given that companies having leeway to do what they want with their money is generally a conservative principle.

Practically speaking, I suspect part of the reason for the change is because of reports coming out that the donations were going to groups that support the death penalty for homosexuality in Uganda. The charge is technically inaccurate (as no donations to any such groups have occurred in years), but it spread like wildfire, so I get it being a potential PR nightmare.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'll be in the minority here but I don't think Chick Fil A had any moral obligation to continue donating in the same manner (or donating to anybody at all, for that matter). Mike Huckabee was the person who rallied the troops several years ago, not the CEO or anybody actually affiliated with the company, so I don't think the company obligated themselves to continue such donations indefinitely. I think people are feeling awfully entitled, especially given that companies having leeway to do what they want with their money is generally a conservative principle.

Practically speaking, I suspect part of the reason for the change is because of reports coming out that the donations were going to groups that support the death penalty for homosexuality in Uganda. The charge is technically inaccurate (as no donations to any such groups have occurred in years), but it spread like wildfire, so I get it being a potential PR nightmare.
    I don't think they had any moral obligation to continue donating either. I just don't think they should have shouted it from the rooftops.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

10. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll be in the minority here but I don't think Chick Fil A had any moral obligation to continue donating in the same manner (or donating to anybody at all, for that matter).
    I believe they can donate (or not) to whomever they wish as a private company.

Mike Huckabee was the person who rallied the troops several years ago, not the CEO or anybody actually affiliated with the company, so I don't think the company obligated themselves to continue such donations indefinitely. I think people are feeling awfully entitled, especially given that companies having leeway to do what they want with their money is generally a conservative principle.

I just think they would have been more honorable to stand for their convictions.

12. Amen Teallaura, seanD amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The Salvation Army? Yeah... no.

Popeye's!