Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama Warns Left Wing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Warns Left Wing...

Oops...

Obama warns Democrats against going too far left: ‘We have to be rooted in reality’

Former President Barack Obama on Friday warned Democratic primary candidates to avoid moving too far left in their policy proposals.

“Even as we push the envelope and we are bold in our vision we also have to be rooted in reality,” Obama said. “The average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/16/obam...-far-left.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

You've got to be pretty out in left field when someone like Obama uses "rooted in reality."

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Oops...
      That is good advice. It is rare that one can create a working system from scratch. Better to refine what is already working.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yup....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Jim, did you ever get around to answering my question about the statement you made with absolutely no support whatsoever?

But I'll humor you, and actually provide answers, even though you rarely do.

Obama cautions Democratic hopefuls on tacking too far left

By BRIAN SLODYSKO Associated Press

Former President Barack Obama on Friday warned the Democratic field of White House hopefuls not to veer too far to the left, a move he said would alienate many who would otherwise be open to voting for the party’s nominee next year.

Though Obama did not mention anyone by name, the message delivered before a room of Democratic donors in Washington was a clear word of caution about the candidacies of Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. The two have called for massive structural changes — and in Sanders’ case “revolution” — that would dramatically alter the role of government in people’s lives.

The centrist wing of the party has warned for months that a far-left nominee could alienate moderate Republicans and independent voters needed to oust President Donald Trump.

And.... (sizing and bolding mine )

“The average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it. And I think it’s important for us not to lose sight of that,” Obama said. “There are a lot of persuadable voters and there are a lot of Democrats out there who just want to see things make sense. They just don’t want to see crazy stuff. They want to see things a little more fair, they want to see things a little more just. And how we approach that I think will be important.”
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment