Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dem. Congressman says party's impeachment investigation is "fracturing the nation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dem. Congressman says party's impeachment investigation is "fracturing the nation"

Here is something that I'll bet only gets, at best, a bare mention by the MSM. A Democrat Congressman, Jeff Van Drew from New Jersey is calling out his party saying that their impeachment circus is "fracturing" our country

Source: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for 'fracturing the nation' with investigation

Democratic New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew attacked his own party for the current impeachment investigation going on in the House of Representatives, during an interview on Sunday Morning Futures With Maria Bartiromo.

Van Drew, who was one of two Democrats to vote against the impeachment proceedings last month, remained critical of party leadership's decisions on the investigation into President Trump's discussions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

"I just think we'll keep going down this road, keep spending more time. Many of us came to Congress because we really wanted to accomplish goals, really work on issues such as healthcare, work on issues dealing with prescription drugs, election security, the debt, the deficit — the list goes on," Van Drew explained.

He went on to point out that people should "understand the importance" of impeachment and added that no president has been impeached and convicted in the Senate.

"We're going to have an election next year, let's have the election, let's fight through the election, let's do what Republicans and Democrats and whomever else does, but this is going to get us nowhere. We've spent millions of dollars, in my opinion, tons of money, tons of time, tons of hurt, fracturing the nation apart. I haven't seen this to be a good thing," Van Drew concluded.

The House Intelligence Committee began public hearings last week with the testimonies of George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs; William Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine; and Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

This is often a step on the journey to realizing that "the party" has left the politician.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Isn't he known as a fake democrat? It's weird that the democrats allow party members to have these different opinions. Its almost like they're allowed to think for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        Isn't he known as a fake democrat? It's weird that the democrats allow party members to have these different opinions. Its almost like they're allowed to think for themselves.
        It's funny how you argued in favor of his free thinking in one breath, but then admonished him as being a fake Dem for his free thinking in the other. I don't think I ever remember any poster here on tweb contradicting themselves in just three sentences.

Comment

Trump is fracturing the nation.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Trump is fracturing the nation.
            The fracture was well under way before Trump was elected.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              It's funny how you argued in favor of his free thinking in one breath, but then admonished him as being a fake Dem for his free thinking in the other. I don't think I ever remember any poster here on tweb contradicting themselves in just three sentences.
              That was supposed to be sarcasm. Like how anyone speaking against Trump is considered a fake republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                That was supposed to be sarcasm. Like how anyone speaking against Trump is considered a fake republican.
                Sorry man. That's impossible for me to know since that's the first post of yours I've ever seen.

Comment

party's impeachment investigation is "fracturing the nation"
                  Is even a tenth of the nation paying attention? It certainly is fracturing the Democrat party.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Virulent, mindless hatred of Trump is fracturing the nation.
                    FIFY n/c.

And that's pretty much what Van Drew (D-NJ) is saying.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And some Democrats have been very forthright about what this has been all about: trying to damage Trump and hurt his chances at being reelected in 2020 -- not because they think he actually committed an impeachable offense. Well, aside from winning in 2016 when it was "Her Turn"

00000000000000ab000-00aaah.jpg
                      Rep. Al Green (D-TX) letting the cat out of the bag

IIRC, AOC was another one.

Comment

I don't see any fracture in my neck of the woods. No one talks about it or seems to pay any attention to it.

It's seems to be a big click-bait deal for the news media, but speaking as a Libertarian (not a Republican) it's all show. Nothing is going to happen so why should I bother getting into the details of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          I don't see any fracture in my neck of the woods. No one talks about it or seems to pay any attention to it.

It's seems to be a big click-bait deal for the news media, but speaking as a Libertarian (not a Republican) it's all show. Nothing is going to happen so why should I bother getting into the details of it?
                          Yeah, them what believe Trump should be removed have made up their minds, and them what don't have also, and never the twain shall meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Yeah, them what believe Trump should be removed have made up their minds, and them what don't have also, and never the twain shall meet.
                            It's also like watching a pre-recorded football game where I already know the outcome. Unless I want to watch someone grandstanding or diving for a catch, it's not terribly interesting because I already know the final score.

So unless I want to watch McConnell or Mitt Romney wag their fingers and pound on the podium, it's not interesting. Trump's not being ejected - and I predict he will be reelected in a landslide.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              It's also like watching a pre-recorded football game where I already know the outcome. Unless I want to watch someone grandstanding or diving for a catch, it's not terribly interesting because I already know the final score.

So unless I want to watch McConnell or Mitt Romney wag their fingers and pound on the podium, it's not interesting. Trump's not being ejected - and I predict he will be reelected in a landslide.
                              And I think he will have this impeachment sham to thank, at least in part.

Comment