Thread: Dem. Congressman says party's impeachment investigation is "fracturing the nation"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Dem. Congressman says party's impeachment investigation is "fracturing the nation"

Here is something that I'll bet only gets, at best, a bare mention by the MSM. A Democrat Congressman, Jeff Van Drew from New Jersey is calling out his party saying that their impeachment circus is "fracturing" our country

Source: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for 'fracturing the nation' with investigation

Democratic New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew attacked his own party for the current impeachment investigation going on in the House of Representatives, during an interview on Sunday Morning Futures With Maria Bartiromo.

Van Drew, who was one of two Democrats to vote against the impeachment proceedings last month, remained critical of party leadership's decisions on the investigation into President Trump's discussions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

"I just think we'll keep going down this road, keep spending more time. Many of us came to Congress because we really wanted to accomplish goals, really work on issues such as healthcare, work on issues dealing with prescription drugs, election security, the debt, the deficit — the list goes on," Van Drew explained.

He went on to point out that people should "understand the importance" of impeachment and added that no president has been impeached and convicted in the Senate.

"We're going to have an election next year, let's have the election, let's fight through the election, let's do what Republicans and Democrats and whomever else does, but this is going to get us nowhere. We've spent millions of dollars, in my opinion, tons of money, tons of time, tons of hurt, fracturing the nation apart. I haven't seen this to be a good thing," Van Drew concluded.

The House Intelligence Committee began public hearings last week with the testimonies of George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs; William Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine; and Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is often a step on the journey to realizing that "the party" has left the politician.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Isn't he known as a fake democrat? It's weird that the democrats allow party members to have these different opinions. Its almost like they're allowed to think for themselves.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    Isn't he known as a fake democrat? It's weird that the democrats allow party members to have these different opinions. Its almost like they're allowed to think for themselves.
    It's funny how you argued in favor of his free thinking in one breath, but then admonished him as being a fake Dem for his free thinking in the other. I don't think I ever remember any poster here on tweb contradicting themselves in just three sentences.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump is fracturing the nation.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Trump is fracturing the nation.
    The fracture was well under way before Trump was elected.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    It's funny how you argued in favor of his free thinking in one breath, but then admonished him as being a fake Dem for his free thinking in the other. I don't think I ever remember any poster here on tweb contradicting themselves in just three sentences.
    That was supposed to be sarcasm. Like how anyone speaking against Trump is considered a fake republican.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    That was supposed to be sarcasm. Like how anyone speaking against Trump is considered a fake republican.
    Sorry man. That's impossible for me to know since that's the first post of yours I've ever seen.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    party's impeachment investigation is "fracturing the nation"
    Is even a tenth of the nation paying attention? It certainly is fracturing the Democrat party.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Virulent, mindless hatred of Trump is fracturing the nation.
    FIFY n/c.

And that's pretty much what Van Drew (D-NJ) is saying.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman