Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

North Korea not interested in further 'useless' meetings with Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea not interested in further 'useless' meetings with Trump

Source

A statement from North Korean Foreign Ministry adviser Kim Kye Gwan, posted by state news agency, KCNA, said: "I interpreted President Trump's tweet on the 17th to signify a new DPRK-US summit" but "we are no longer interested in these meetings that are useless to us."
    Kim suggested that the US is trying to portray "advancement in Korean Peninsula issue" but that it was a delay tactic.
    "We will no longer give the US president something to boast about for nothing in return, and we must receive from the US what is corresponding to the results that President Trump is already boasting as his achievements," Kim said.

That's a pretty embarrassing rejection for a US president. Are we sure Trump is as good a negotiator as he claims?

You'd almost think foreign policy and making peace with enemy nations would have more priority to the House than a facade impeachment trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      That's a pretty embarrassing rejection for a US president. Are we sure Trump is as good a negotiator as he claims?
      Rule #1 - always take everything Kim says as Gospel, because he's an incredibly honest and honorable man doing a magnificent job of representing democracy in his republic.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Rule #1 - always take everything Kim says as Gospel, because he's an incredibly honest and honorable man doing a magnificent job of representing democracy in his republic.
        Trump said ‘see you soon!’
        Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: mossy

Disguised profanity (or undisguised) is not allowed anywhere on the site. Please read again the forum guidelines that you agreed to when you registered.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by mossrose; 11-19-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Explain to me how a world leader, with the perception to other countries of a pending impeachment hanging over his head, can effectively negotiate foreign policy?

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
            Trump said ‘see you soon!’
            Edited by a Moderator
            Somebody’s about to strap a 9v battery to your tongue.
            Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-19-2019, 08:36 AM.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Like Trump, you mean.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Well, this is how Trump described the person running concentration camps, starving people to death and other sorts of absurdities along those lines:

"Great personality and very smart. Good combination. He's a worthy negotiator. He’s negotiating on behalf of his people, a very worthy, very smart negotiator, absolutely. And we had a terrific day, and we learned a lot about each other and about our countries."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...004711797.html

So, dictators are described in those terms by a man who has quite a reputation for not using the most diplomatic descriptions of other people.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Well, this is how Trump described the person running concentration camps, starving people to death and other sorts of absurdities along those lines:

"Great personality and very smart. Good combination. He's a worthy negotiator. He’s negotiating on behalf of his people, a very worthy, very smart negotiator, absolutely. And we had a terrific day, and we learned a lot about each other and about our countries."

So, dictators are described in those terms by a man who has quite a reputation for not using the most diplomatic descriptions of other people.

For anyone who has read his Art of the Deal, for decades Trump tends to publicly praise many of those he is negotiating with be they saint or sinner.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

For anyone who has read his Art of the Deal, for decades Trump tends to publicly praise many of those he is negotiating with be they saint or sinner.
                    And you think that makes his praise of this dictator running concentration camps a trivial thing?

Must be so humiliating to see him praise what is completely indefensible and somehow take it on yourself to pretend it all makes perfect sense. Even when it is not working.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      Like Trump, you mean.
                      That you would believe Trump takes everything Kim says as Gospel shows what a jackass YOU can be.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, Trump says some really dumb things. Even though those afflicted with advanced TDS will claim I'm a Trump Defender "at every turn" -- this is an excellent example where I'll throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.

Anything else, Charles?

Comment

Yes, Trump says some really dumb things. Even though those afflicted with advanced TDS will claim I'm a Trump Defender "at every turn" -- this is an excellent example where I'll throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.

Anything else, Charles?
                          Anything else? So, you move on that quickly or did not think it was enough?

Comment

Anything else? So, you move on that quickly or did not think it was enough?
                            I just expect you to Nanny on, so get on with it.

Comment

Anything else, Charles?
                              Nothing less than a belly-down grovel and admission that Orange Man Bad will do. Duh. For the love of gumbo, drop your support of anything at all the dastard has done forthwith!
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment