X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Chick-Fil-A's Donation Stance

What does it matter what CFA does?

Linksaid.

Does The Salvation Army serve the LGBTQ Community?

Yes. Any person who walks through our doors will receive assistance based on their need and our capacity to help. Our mission is to the preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human need in His name without discrimination.

Does The Salvation Army provide shelter to transgender people?

Yes. When a transgender person seeks help from us, we serve them in the same manner as any other person seeking assistance. Too often, LGBTQ Americans experience unacceptable homophobia or transphobia when seeking shelter. The Salvation Army seeks to be a welcome, safe place for all men, women, and children.

Does The Salvation Army consider the sexual orientation or gender identity of an applicant in its hiring practices?

No. We embrace talented people regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. Our hiring practices are open to all.

Does The Salvation Army provide benefits to the spouses of employees in same-sex marriages?

Yes. We provide the same benefits to opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

I wish Christians would care even a tenth as much about what is happening to believers in China, frankly. We remain pretty comfortable still.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I wish Christians would care even a tenth as much about what is happening to believers in China, frankly. We remain pretty comfortable still.
      A frog in the slowly boiling water, "It's still fine, why do you guys care so much??????"
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I wonder what we could actually do for china.

I want to help folks. I sent a shoebox out.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          A frog in the slowly boiling water, "It's still fine, why do you guys care so much??????"
          I never said it was fine, jackass.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I only have one word: Popeye's.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

If we solve the media suppression problem here, we'll be better informed about what happens there. And that means standing up to the bullies here.

Wanna start a thread on Hong Kong?
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                If we solve the media suppression problem here, we'll be better informed about what happens there. And that means standing up to the bullies here.

Wanna start a thread on Hong Kong?
                Hong Kong is separate from the persecution I have in mind on the mainland. I don't feel informed enough to discuss HK right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  I only have one word: Popeye's.
                  Why would Popeye's be a better alternative given that its stance on this is now identical to CFA's?

Comment

Hong Kong is separate from the persecution I have in mind on the mainland. I don't feel informed enough to discuss HK right now.
                    Fair enough - but what makes you think all your brothers and sisters are as well informed about Chinese persecution as you are?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Why would Popeye's be a better alternative given that its stance on this is now identical to CFA's?
                      Popeye's didn't betray its loyal customer base.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment