Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Men can get pregnant too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I admit I'm being aggressive. You tried to differentiate between the delusion of being an animal and the delusion of being another gender, but the line of argumentation you chose belittles the condition of womanhood. I picked one I thought so obvious that I half expected you to catch it even phrased the way it was - but what was obvious to Mossy and I as women wasn't clear at all to you as a man.

I'm not of the 'you can't understand at all what you haven't experienced' opinion but there is something to be said for shared experience - and no man fully gets what it is like to be a woman and though I often joke otherwise, the converse is also true. Telling us as women that a man can in fact be a woman because he can imagine what it's like is not only false - it's demeaning.
      You seem to misunderstand me. For clarity; men are men and women are women and swapping from one to another never happens. This is totally consistent with what I said before.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        <starts handing out weapons>
        ah-HEM. Just to note that roguetech has a wide assortment of melee weapons to satisfy even the most discerning customer's need for hack and slash and stab and pulverize and shred and ... well, you get the picture.

Each is made of the finest material with many of the blades be Damascus Steel -- known for keeping a keen edge and being light and flexible.

Our maces come in a wide assortment ranging from 5, 6, 7 and even 8 flanges -- regular, pointed and now also in acutely pointed! Oak handled and all Steel models available.

What's that? Axes you say? Well ax no more! Okay... since we're talking melee not mounted combat... Are you looking for single blade or double headed? And if the latter, you can have a wicked spike instead of a second axe blade if youz wants. We also have smaller ones, including matched pairs, for those who really like to get close. Even a couple of poleaxes for those who don't.

We also have a large selection of more exotic weapons as well. smiley samurai.gif

Ladies get 25% off at roguetech smiley shades.gif

Oh, and we have plenty of reach-out-and-touch-em types as well, but this just, well... seemed to be something needing a more personal touch. But if you prefer something with a range. We gots that as well

smiley gun.gif
        smiley guns.gif
        smiley gun transformer.gif

And yes, even...
        smiley flamethrower.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          ah-HEM. Just to note that roguetech has a wide assortment of melee weapons to satisfy even the most discerning customer's need for hack and slash and stab and pulverize and shred and ... well, you get the picture.
          I have T and about 30 other ladies after my scalp - what weapon would you suggest?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I have T and about 30 other ladies after my scalp - what weapon would you suggest?
            Hmm... selling to both sides in the conflict -- not exactly a first for roguetech.

For starters, invest in a good pair of running shoes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Each is made of the finest material with many of the blades be Damascus Steel -- known for keeping a keen edge and being light and flexible.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]41018[/ATTACH]X[ATTACH=CONFIG]41017[/ATTACH]

Our maces come in a wide assortment ranging from 5, 6, 7 and even 8 flanges -- regular, pointed and now also in acutely pointed! Oak handled and all Steel models available.

What's that? Axes you say? Well ax no more! Okay... since we're talking melee not mounted combat... Are you looking for single blade or double headed? And if the latter, you can have a wicked spike instead of a second axe blade if youz wants. We also have smaller ones, including matched pairs, for those who really like to get close. Even a couple of poleaxes for those who don't.

We also have a large selection of more exotic weapons as well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]41019[/ATTACH]

Ladies get 25% off at roguetech [ATTACH=CONFIG]41016[/ATTACH]

Oh, and we have plenty of reach-out-and-touch-em types as well, but this just, well... seemed to be something needing a more personal touch. But if you prefer something with a range. We gots that as well

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41020[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]41021[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]41022[/ATTACH]

And yes, even...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]41023[/ATTACH]
              All we need is this.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                All we need is this.

Not everyone has THE PIN™

Also, not every problem is best solved by a PINNING™ Sometimes the collateral damage isn't worth it.

Comment

Not everyone has THE PIN™

Also, not every problem is best solved by a PINNING™ Sometimes the collateral damage isn't worth it.
                  Pfft. Excuses.

Oh, and, bacon.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Hmm... selling to both sides in the conflict -- not exactly a first for roguetech.

For starters, invest in a good pair of running shoes.
                    Bull hockey, any good arms dealer sells to both sides...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      You seem to misunderstand me. For clarity; men are men and women are women and swapping from one to another never happens. This is totally consistent with what I said before.
                      Apologies then - I'm not used to you agreeing with us on this kind of issue and I could have sworn you said it was possible to be a 'woman in a man's body'.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        I used to have a similarly unsympathetic view toward trans people, but over the last several years as I have learned more relevant facts, my view has shifted to being more sympathetic toward them.

Firstly, as you mention, there can be physical ambiguity. And as scientists have learned more and more about how biology and chromosomes and hormones work, they've discovered more and more types of physical ambiguities there can be. Here's a chart of the scientific possibilities:

At either end, the dotted columns represent the standard 'male' and 'female' physical development, with everything in between being the various possible physical variations which lead to something different to a standard physical male/female body. As you can see there is a lot of variation.

I tend to assume (though I might be wrong to do so) that most conservatives here would 100% agree that it's reasonable / loving / Christian / kind / just / fair / the-right-thing-to-do to treat anyone who falls into the middle areas of that chart with compassion, decency, understanding, politeness, generosity, both in our own treatment of them as individuals and with regard to the way we would want society as a whole to treat them. We could have a discussion about exactly what that means in practice, but perhaps we can simply agree to something like: "Everyone agrees that there are people in our society who objectively physically and scientifically do not fit well into binary and exclusive male vs female categories. Though those male/female categories are founded in biology, that same biology means there are sometimes exceptions. We should treat such people with decency and respect, and make allowances for them when necessary, and the incompleteness of those categories may be worth bearing in mind when we use them."

Secondly, perhaps for the above reason, perhaps for other reasons, the majority of human cultures in history appear to have made allowances for people to opt-out of the male/female gender dichotomy. This appears to have been more present in cultures that adhered tightly to gender-defined behavioral roles, giving people who did not feel those roles fit them the ability to opt out and label themselves within their community of being of a 3rd, 4th, or 5th gender (depending on the culture and its norms), while cultures that placed less emphasis on gender distinctions appear to have made less allowance for voluntarily opting out of the binary gender labels. (The common patterns seem to be that for societies with 3 genders it was "male/female/other", with 4 it was "male/female/trans-male/trans-female" or "male/female/other-born-male/other-born-female", and with 5 it was "male/female/trans-male/trans-female/none")

Since a lot of these cultures were historical and such practices were stamped out by European or Islamic colonization, we are limited to historical documents in many instances to try to piece together how a given culture understood these gender roles, though some persist into the present day. In most of these cultures, from what I can understand, the person was not placed in the 3rd through 5th gender at birth due to their parents/society determining they had physical abnormalities that were outside of typical male/female, but rather most or all of the time the person would make a decision as a teenager or adult to opt out of the male/female norms and into the 3rd through 5th gender (depending of which of those options were available to them in their culture and which they wanted to be). Typically in cultures with more than 2 genders, a person was eligible to marry anyone not of the same gender as themselves, hence this cultural construct seems to have been commonly used by people in these societies who wished to have same-sex marriages. Many of these cultures viewed people of the 3rd through 5th genders as magical (they were often the tribe's shaman), spiritual (they were sometimes considered to have both a male and female spirit residing within them, hence they had double the spirit-ness of a normal person), or special, and marriage with them was often considered lucky. This pattern was regularly observed by early European explorers in cultures across Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the pacific.

So we can certainly say that human society is perfectly capable of functioning with an idea of gender that is more expansive than a strict male/female dichotomy. In fact, it appears that having more than 2 genders has been the norm in human history, and that it is Europe of the last 1000 years that is unusual in having 2 and only 2 genders. Most other continents, people groups, and societies, have had a more diverse approach to gender identities.

If we can agree on the above (can we?), then we can consider the question of what, if anything, should be done about those people in our society who are physically and biological male / female but who want to change / opt-out of the applicable male/female gender label and either use the other one instead or some other label (trans-male, trans-female, none / agender), and often change their bodies to conform with the typical looks of the gender they wish to change to? I don't see any obvious reason why we shouldn't be kind and generous to these people and give them the option of opting-out of their birth gender the way most people have had in most human cultures for the past several millennia. I don't really see any reason to oppose them doing this if they wish. In your post you simply stated that they have bodies of a certain biological sex. I agree, they do. Your view seemed to be that it started and ended there. But that misses the point: The question is whether or not it's useful / practical / kind / helpful / loving for our culture to adopt the common cultural behavioral pattern where people can opt out of their birth gender, take a different gender role and make changes to their bodies. Saying their birth gender comes from their biological sex is certainly true, but doesn't address the question.
                        Just wanted to take the time to read your post carefully.

When it comes to people that are physically not fully male or female, people that by nature of what they were born as are not really one or the other sex, we can agree. For people that are fully male or fully female physically, then we probably can't agree except that we need to be civil to all people where possibke. I simply do not think it makes sense to allow a person to demand the rest of the world, including themselves, deny what they actually are. This is especially ridiculous in the arena of men's and women's sports where some men that are not particularly competitive as men can 'win' when competing against women while claiming the are 'really' a woman.

They are not 'really' female. They are males taking drugs to alter their natural state and demanding to be considered female.

And I think it is this sort of absurdity that drives most to reject the sort of generic acceptance of the trans part of LGBTQ. In a way it seems antithetical to the idea of acceptance of who we are. If my body is make, I should just accept that is who I am. Pretending to be what I am not seems the opposite of accepting who I am.

So again, if we are talking about people that are physically not 'in -between', and most of the time that seems to be the case - then I do not abide forcing scenarios where others are required to pretend a person is what that person is not.

Would we pay to hear a Bass scream and muddle through che gelida? Or would we want a tenor to be able to demand he be allowed to sing zorastro because he really way deep down thought he was a Bass? Of course you can sing what you want. But you cant force an audience to hang around and listen, or a critic to give you rave reviews.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Bull hockey, any good arms dealer sells to both sides...
                          Appearances of propriety must be maintained.

Comment

Appearances of propriety must be maintained.
                            Especially while they are being subverted...

Comment

Apparently after living with my brother's cat for over a month, Jake thinks he is a cat too.

I am sending him to a re-education camp, where they will teach him to be a dog again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Apparently after living with my brother's cat for over a month, Jake thinks he is a cat too.

I am sending him to a re-education camp, where they will teach him to be a dog again.
                                I already told you that he's just identifying as a cat for a while! And it is perfectly within his rights to identify as some other creature whenever he wants to!

Comment