Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Legalization.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Eh, it appears to help with chronic pain without being incredibly addictive like some painkillers, and certain derivatives do help some conditions even without the active ingredient; CBD oil helps prevent seizures.
    That's the standard BS argument for legalisation. If it is medically helpful then have it only as prescription only and not try to expand it to being recreationally allowed, which we all know is the true goal.
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 11-23-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    If it is medically helpful then have it only as prescription only
    Which is not itself a completely good solution in the current prescription climate, with the addiction crisis from prescribe-only opiates.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The fact there is actual debate about whether marijuana should be legal or not while tobacco (which has fewer medical benefits and is much more harmful) is legal seems... dissonant.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    The fact there is actual debate about whether marijuana should be legal or not while tobacco (which has fewer medical benefits and is much more harmful) is legal seems... dissonant.
    Inanimate objects don't have rights.

Politics are rarely initially coherent because its a piecemeal system.

Tobacco isn't an intoxicant.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Not buying it. It causes more problems than it helps, imo. And the police are not happy about it. Had to get different sobriety tests and every community had to make new laws about smoking in public and it's just been a nightmare.
    The hemp derived CBD oil alone has alleviated more of my pain than anything else I've tried, and from what I understand marijuana would help even more so since THC is a natural anti-inflammatory. I still have a lot of pain, which is why I want medicinal marijuana legalized here. I would never want to smoke it though.

6. Amen Leonhard amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    It appears that Congress is getting some bills across that might actually pass.

I hope that hemp may be legalized.
    Alcohol kills more people than any other drug out there and yet it is legal. Marijuana has many medicinal effects and any adverse effects that it may have, none that I'm aware of, pale to those of alcohol. Of course it should be legal to sell and use just like alcohol, and will be eventually.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    So they're following in the footsteps of Canada, where the whole country's gone to pot.
    Yes, Canada is a great country.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    The hemp derived CBD oil alone has alleviated more of my pain than anything else I've tried, and from what I understand marijuana would help even more so since THC is a natural anti-inflammatory. I still have a lot of pain, which is why I want medicinal marijuana legalized here. I would never want to smoke it though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    From what I've read and the anecdotal stories I've heard it seems that pot can sometimes be much more powerful when consumed through the digestive system (eaten) than the respiratory system (inhaled/smoked). My personal guess is that part of this appears to be due to the fact that it take considerably longer to take effect when eaten leading some to think that they didn't take enough.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

12. Amen Cerebrum123, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, Canada is a great country.
    Except for the weather and all those Canuckistanis infesting the land.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.