Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marijuana Legalization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    From what I've read and the anecdotal stories I've heard it seems that pot can sometimes be much more powerful when consumed through the digestive system (eaten) than the respiratory system (inhaled/smoked). My personal guess is that part of this appears to be due to the fact that it take considerably longer to take effect when eaten leading some to think that they didn't take enough.
    It might also be due to the strain being used. The CBD oil gummies I use take effect pretty quickly for me, and as a nice bonus actually taste good.

Comment

I've yet to hear a really good argument for why research into marijuana shouldn't be allowed, to understand its use and effects, and yes, even with the view of maybe one day releasing it as a recreational drug once the effects of use are properly understood.

At least there is no reason to ban CBD oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I've yet to hear a really good argument for why research into marijuana shouldn't be allowed, to understand its use and effects, and yes, even with the view of maybe one day releasing it as a recreational drug once the effects of use are properly understood.

At least there is no reason to ban CBD oil.
        Fortunately they lifted the ban on CBD oil, and it's been an amazing help. I still want a cure for RSD/CRPS, but it makes things much more bearableto have this for now.

Comment

Except for the weather and all those Canuckistanis infesting the land.

And the meese!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            And the meese!
            And the folks who took longsword profenciency in grade five.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              Fortunately they lifted the ban on CBD oil, and it's been an amazing help. I still want a cure for RSD/CRPS, but it makes things much more bearableto have this for now.
              Glad to hear that you found something that helps.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Glad to hear that you found something that helps.

I wasn't expecting it to work either, especially given how the kind I first tried was in gummy bear form. I've been sticking with them ever since, and there aren't any flavors I like for their tincture. The stuff doesn't help everyone, but this brand does seem to be pretty effective for those that are helped. They recently changed the gummies, now they taste better, and work better for me.

Comment

So everyone here know my vocation. That said, I'll speak freely about this and make a few observations.

The federal government banned marijuana without any rational basis for doing so in the first place. There was next to no research at the time, and a lot of false information floating around, i.e. the marijuana scare. I don't believe the government has any business at all banning relatively benign natural substances. I hate nanny governments.

The DEA classifies marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance, which means there are no accepted medical uses. This is, unequivocally, false. There are legitimate medical uses -- and the proof of that seems to grow daily. Other Schedule I drugs include heroin, ecstasy, LSD, and peyote.

The sell of illegal marijuana has been a source of revenue for drug cartels for a long time. Anything we can do to cut their revenue is good.

Marijuana appears to be much less dangerous than alcohol. Yet, alcohol is legal (but regulated). I think we should take a similar approach to marijuana.

I've never once, in my entire career, dealt with an impaired individual causing problems that was high on marijuana. Alcohol, cocaine, heroin, meth.....entirely different story. I'd 100 times rather deal with a pothead than people using any of the other popular substances.

There's no known amount of marijuana that can cause death. The medical examiner's office here doesn't even test for it in toxicology for that reason (unless specifically requested to do so by law enforcement for other reasons).
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    cannabis is NOT good for anybody.
                    What an ill-informed comment. Cannabis has helped many people, including children.

Comment