Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Marijuana Legalization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Had to fix the title before me brudder saw it.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      But there's no reason that medical use must necessitate full legalization - which is just a new way of introducing costly, and occasionally deadly, issues. Similarly to hemp, strains maximized for THC may not be best for CBD.
      I wasn't commenting on that, because I cannot debate in online forums anymore (obsessive compulsive issues). My main nitpick is that I'm afraid in these discussions hemp, CBD oil, and THC marijuana all get lumped in the same pot (pun intended) when they're not identical (see e.g., previous comments about hemp when hemp as a farm product is already legal) and have different uses.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
        I wasn't commenting on that, because I cannot debate in online forums anymore (obsessive compulsive issues). My main nitpick is that I'm afraid in these discussions hemp, CBD oil, and THC marijuana all get lumped in the same pot (pun intended) when they're not identical (see e.g., previous comments about hemp when hemp as a farm product is already legal) and have different uses.
        Er, okay - but you do realize we're mostly in agreement here.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Er, okay - but you do realize we're mostly in agreement here.
          We're really not w/r/t legalization, but I cannot debate. I was responding primarily because you raised points about THC. I kind of wanted my notes about hemp (and, to a lesser degree later CBD oil) to stand apart from the THC debate.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            We're really not w/r/t legalization, but I cannot debate. I was responding primarily because you raised points about THC. I kind of wanted my notes about hemp (and, to a lesser degree later CBD oil) to stand apart from the THC debate.
            Yep - I knew where we were differing. And I'll refrain from further comment - you are trying not to debate but it looks like the temptation is strong on this one.

But I bet I'm the only person you know whose father farmed hemp before regulation!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Eh, it appears to help with chronic pain without being incredibly addictive like some painkillers, and certain derivatives do help some conditions even without the active ingredient; CBD oil helps prevent seizures.
              That's the standard BS argument for legalisation. If it is medically helpful then have it only as prescription only and not try to expand it to being recreationally allowed, which we all know is the true goal.
              Last edited by demi-conservative; 11-23-2019, 05:55 PM.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                If it is medically helpful then have it only as prescription only
                Which is not itself a completely good solution in the current prescription climate, with the addiction crisis from prescribe-only opiates.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The fact there is actual debate about whether marijuana should be legal or not while tobacco (which has fewer medical benefits and is much more harmful) is legal seems... dissonant.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    The fact there is actual debate about whether marijuana should be legal or not while tobacco (which has fewer medical benefits and is much more harmful) is legal seems... dissonant.
                    Inanimate objects don't have rights.

Politics are rarely initially coherent because its a piecemeal system.

Tobacco isn't an intoxicant.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Not buying it. It causes more problems than it helps, imo. And the police are not happy about it. Had to get different sobriety tests and every community had to make new laws about smoking in public and it's just been a nightmare.
                      The hemp derived CBD oil alone has alleviated more of my pain than anything else I've tried, and from what I understand marijuana would help even more so since THC is a natural anti-inflammatory. I still have a lot of pain, which is why I want medicinal marijuana legalized here. I would never want to smoke it though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                        It appears that Congress is getting some bills across that might actually pass.

I hope that hemp may be legalized.
                        Alcohol kills more people than any other drug out there and yet it is legal. Marijuana has many medicinal effects and any adverse effects that it may have, none that I'm aware of, pale to those of alcohol. Of course it should be legal to sell and use just like alcohol, and will be eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                          So they're following in the footsteps of Canada, where the whole country's gone to pot.
                          Yes, Canada is a great country.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            The hemp derived CBD oil alone has alleviated more of my pain than anything else I've tried, and from what I understand marijuana would help even more so since THC is a natural anti-inflammatory. I still have a lot of pain, which is why I want medicinal marijuana legalized here. I would never want to smoke it though.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              From what I've read and the anecdotal stories I've heard it seems that pot can sometimes be much more powerful when consumed through the digestive system (eaten) than the respiratory system (inhaled/smoked). My personal guess is that part of this appears to be due to the fact that it take considerably longer to take effect when eaten leading some to think that they didn't take enough.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Yes, Canada is a great country.
                                Except for the weather and all those Canuckistanis infesting the land.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment