Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Netanyahu sings Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netanyahu sings Trump

It looks like Netanyahu has learnt a thing or two from POTUS.

Israel's attorney general has charged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with bribery, fraud and breach of trust in connection with three separate cases.

Mr Netanyahu is alleged to have accepted gifts from wealthy businessmen and dispensed favours to try to get more positive press coverage.

The prime minister described the charges as an "attempted coup", blaming them on a "tainted" process.
    He has also insisted he will not resign and is not legally obliged to do so.

In a televised speech, Mr Netanyahu said authorities "weren't after the truth, they were after me", and called on the country to "investigate the investigators".
    BBC news
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    It looks like Netanyahu has learnt a thing or two from POTUS.

BBC news
    But who will investigate the investigators investigating him?

Comment

This has nothing to do with President Trump.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Everything is Trump's fault.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Everything is Trump's fault.
          Well, not everything, but Trump has made a significant contribution to lowering standards in public life. One of the benefits or risks of being POTUS, is that you are an example to the rest of the world, and so, a demonstration of bad behaviour allows bad actors elsewhere to follow in your path; flouting subpoenas, ignoring international law, and so on. Trump promotes lawlessness.
          Last edited by firstfloor; 11-22-2019, 03:14 AM.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            They're two peas in a pod. The similarities are uncanny. The prime minister is indicted for bribery, fraud and breach of trust, just as Democratic lawmakers draw parallels to impeachment proceedings against President Trump.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              the uberinvestigators!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Well, not everything, but Trump has made a significant contribution to lowering standards in public life. One of the benefits or risks of being POTUS, is that you are an example to the rest of the world, and so, a demonstration of bad behaviour allows bad actors elsewhere to follow in your path; flouting subpoenas, ignoring international law, and so on. Trump promotes lawlessness.
                Years ago, there were two men running for Texas Governor. I'll call them Smith and Jones.

I was in a downtown cafe having breakfast, and two old codgers at another table were discussing the gubernatorial race. (that's the race for governor) I was just a kid - maybe 19 years old, and ready to vote, but I didn't really know the candidates.

One of the old codgers said, "Well, I like Smith, because Jones is CROOKED".
                The other replied "yeah, but Jones is crooked right up front - Smith is SNEAKY crooked".

Sadly, that about sums up politics today.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ("Who will watch the watchmen [or watchers]?")

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment