Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Lies about Opening Texas Apple Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Lies about Opening Texas Apple Plant

What do Trump supporters think about Trump lying about opening an Apple plant in Texas that's been in operation since 2013?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...texas-tim-cook

Apple announced in September their plans to manufacture the newly redesigned Mac Pro in Texas after initially planning in July to shift the production of their newest high-end computers to China. After President Trump threatened tariffs on the computers made in China, Apple decided to have the computer built in Texas. The Mac Pro will be assembled by Flex — a manufacturing company in Austin, Texas.

During the visit, Trump praised Apple for becoming the first trillion-dollar company in the United States, calling Cook “a very special person” in the country.

Apple broke ground on its $1 billion campus in Austin on Wednesday. The new building will add about 5,000 employees in 2022, with expansion capacity for 15,000.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...with-tim-cook/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You should ask one. Trump shouldn't lie. However, calling this a lie is probably overstating things; it is rather more likely, IMO, that Trump in his characteristically sloppy way mixed a couple facts up to make the statement he did. There IS a new Apple facility in Austin, and the Trump administration did just extract a pledge from Apple that they would not move manufacturing from there to China.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...pened-in-2013/
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        You should ask one. Trump shouldn't lie. However, calling this a lie is probably overstating things; it is rather more likely, IMO, that Trump in his characteristically sloppy way mixed a couple facts up to make the statement he did. There IS a new Apple facility in Austin, and the Trump administration did just extract a pledge from Apple that they would not move manufacturing from there to China.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...pened-in-2013/
        It's more characteristically Trump to say plant rather than an extension, plant being more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          It's more characteristically Trump to say plant rather than an extension, plant being more impressive.
          Trump is egotistic and braggadocios.

Still
          Hillary is not POTUS
          SCOTUS is not Hillary's

And Trump wasn't elected as Pastor-in-Chief.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Trump is egotistic and braggadocios.

Still
            Hillary is not POTUS
            SCOTUS is not Hillary's

And Trump wasn't elected as Pastor-in-Chief.
            Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment. Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.

Comment

Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment.
              Um..... blue dress.

Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.
              He's what we got! Honest politicians are hard to come by these days. Look at the chief prosecutor in the impeachment hearings - he can't even tell the truth about the fact that he knows exactly who the alleged whistle blower is.

It's a sad state of affairs, to be sure. As I have often said (and I forget from whom I stole this) - it was a matter of choosing the evil of two lessers.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment. Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.
                I used to work for a supervisor that whenever he and I came up with an idea together, he would always present it to others as his idea. It was just a thing he did. It wasn't malicious because he was the nicest, gentlest, most giving guy you could hope to meet. I never called him on it because, frankly, I simply didn't care. It wasn't a big deal to me.

Which is to say that I don't see something like this as being evidence of a deep seated moral flaw in Trump's character. Like my former supervisor, it's just a thing he does.

Comment

Both parties speak of morality. it is just that the Dems make up their own ideas of morality.

What is your point? Should Republicans destroy each other because of morality topics ... while Dems just use morality statements against Republicans and not against Dems?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    Both parties speak of morality. it is just that the Dems make up their own ideas of morality.

What is your point? Should Republicans destroy each other because of morality topics ... while Dems just use morality statements against Republicans and not against Dems?
                    A question that could have been framed just as appropriately (though inversely) to Republicans during Clinton's impeachment. Don't have any illusions this is any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I used to work for a supervisor that whenever he and I came up with an idea together, he would always present it to others as his idea. It was just a thing he did. It wasn't malicious because he was the nicest, gentlest, most giving guy you could hope to meet. I never called him on it because, frankly, I simply didn't care. It wasn't a big deal to me.

Which is to say that I don't see something like this as being evidence of a deep seated moral flaw in Trump's character. Like my former supervisor, it's just a thing he does.
                      I think this is a little different. Had Obama consistently taken credit for things he did not do, you wouldn't brush it off as a cute quirk.

Comment

I think this is a little different. Had Obama consistently taken credit for things he did not do, you wouldn't brush it off as a cute quirk.
                        But Obama did take credit for a lot of things he didn't do (and didn't take credit for a lot of things he should have). The number of times he referred to himself in his speeches was almost legendary. It's a PR thing, and it's just what politicians do when trying to promote their "brand".

Comment

Obama's "cute quirk" was injecting personal pronouns in every speech he ever made, even if it wasn't about him.

Obama, the personal pronoun president

He was, after all, the One!

Comment

He didn't?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Obama's "cute quirk" was injecting personal pronouns in every speech he ever made, even if it wasn't about him.

Obama, the personal pronoun president

He was, after all, the One!
                              I'll never forget his speech during the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall where it became all about him after about the third sentence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment