Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Trump Lies about Opening Texas Apple Plant

  1. #1
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,278
    Amen (Given)
    456
    Amen (Received)
    345

    Trump Lies about Opening Texas Apple Plant

    What do Trump supporters think about Trump lying about opening an Apple plant in Texas that's been in operation since 2013?

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...texas-tim-cook

  2. #2
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,398
    Amen (Given)
    5889
    Amen (Received)
    6736
    Apple announced in September their plans to manufacture the newly redesigned Mac Pro in Texas after initially planning in July to shift the production of their newest high-end computers to China. After President Trump threatened tariffs on the computers made in China, Apple decided to have the computer built in Texas. The Mac Pro will be assembled by Flex — a manufacturing company in Austin, Texas.

    During the visit, Trump praised Apple for becoming the first trillion-dollar company in the United States, calling Cook “a very special person” in the country.

    Apple broke ground on its $1 billion campus in Austin on Wednesday. The new building will add about 5,000 employees in 2022, with expansion capacity for 15,000.

    https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...with-tim-cook/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  3. #3
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21,354
    Amen (Given)
    6337
    Amen (Received)
    12109
    You should ask one. Trump shouldn't lie. However, calling this a lie is probably overstating things; it is rather more likely, IMO, that Trump in his characteristically sloppy way mixed a couple facts up to make the statement he did. There IS a new Apple facility in Austin, and the Trump administration did just extract a pledge from Apple that they would not move manufacturing from there to China.

    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...pened-in-2013/
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  4. #4
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,278
    Amen (Given)
    456
    Amen (Received)
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You should ask one. Trump shouldn't lie. However, calling this a lie is probably overstating things; it is rather more likely, IMO, that Trump in his characteristically sloppy way mixed a couple facts up to make the statement he did. There IS a new Apple facility in Austin, and the Trump administration did just extract a pledge from Apple that they would not move manufacturing from there to China.

    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...pened-in-2013/
    It's more characteristically Trump to say plant rather than an extension, plant being more impressive.

  5. #5
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,239
    Amen (Given)
    12426
    Amen (Received)
    26596
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    It's more characteristically Trump to say plant rather than an extension, plant being more impressive.
    Trump is egotistic and braggadocios.

    Still
    Hillary is not POTUS
    SCOTUS is not Hillary's

    And Trump wasn't elected as Pastor-in-Chief.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  6. Amen seer, RumTumTugger, Christian3 amen'd this post.
  7. #6
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,278
    Amen (Given)
    456
    Amen (Received)
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Trump is egotistic and braggadocios.

    Still
    Hillary is not POTUS
    SCOTUS is not Hillary's

    And Trump wasn't elected as Pastor-in-Chief.
    Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment. Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.

  8. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,239
    Amen (Given)
    12426
    Amen (Received)
    26596
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment.
    Um..... blue dress.

    Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.
    He's what we got! Honest politicians are hard to come by these days. Look at the chief prosecutor in the impeachment hearings - he can't even tell the truth about the fact that he knows exactly who the alleged whistle blower is.

    It's a sad state of affairs, to be sure. As I have often said (and I forget from whom I stole this) - it was a matter of choosing the evil of two lessers.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  9. #8
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,398
    Amen (Given)
    5889
    Amen (Received)
    6736
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment. Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.
    I used to work for a supervisor that whenever he and I came up with an idea together, he would always present it to others as his idea. It was just a thing he did. It wasn't malicious because he was the nicest, gentlest, most giving guy you could hope to meet. I never called him on it because, frankly, I simply didn't care. It wasn't a big deal to me.

    Which is to say that I don't see something like this as being evidence of a deep seated moral flaw in Trump's character. Like my former supervisor, it's just a thing he does.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. #9
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,869
    Amen (Given)
    307
    Amen (Received)
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Exactly the argument used by Bill Clinton freaks when he was going through impeachment. Certainly, it's logical and makes sense, but it sounds kind of hollow coming from a party that for so long emphasized morality and character.
    Both parties speak of morality. it is just that the Dems make up their own ideas of morality.

    What is your point? Should Republicans destroy each other because of morality topics ... while Dems just use morality statements against Republicans and not against Dems?

  11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  12. #10
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,278
    Amen (Given)
    456
    Amen (Received)
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Both parties speak of morality. it is just that the Dems make up their own ideas of morality.

    What is your point? Should Republicans destroy each other because of morality topics ... while Dems just use morality statements against Republicans and not against Dems?
    A question that could have been framed just as appropriately (though inversely) to Republicans during Clinton's impeachment. Don't have any illusions this is any different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •